• Published 7th May 2017
  • 1,138 Views, 27 Comments

Return to Equestria - StormLuna



After the death of Sonata and deteriorating relations with Adagio, Aria has decided the time to return to Equestria. Once she returns, she quickly learns that life won't be as easy as she thought.

  • ...
10
 27
 1,138

Return to the Human World

Princess Twilight was nervous, very nervous. Thanks to Aria Blaze, Celestia learned that she had been using the mirror in ways that she probably shouldn't have been. When the four arrived in Twilight's chambers Celestia looked at the mirror in disgust. It made her mad enough that Twilight would just use it for non-important reasons but seeing that she did indeed rig it to where she could open it with her own eyes only made her angrier.

She got up in Twilight's face and asked, "Twilight, would you care to explain this to me? Tell me exactly why you did this and what the ramifications of you not doing this would have been?"

Twilight shied back, "I got a letter from Sunset Shimmer saying that the sirens were trying to brainwash everyone at Canterlot High!"

Celestia asked, "Oh, and how did you get this message or is this one of those instances that I would rather not know."

Twilight grabbed the book that she communicated with Sunset through. When Celestia saw this she put her hoof over her face with a scowl. Her tone of voice became more irritated as she continued, "Tell me Twilight, what made you think that this was even remotely a good idea?"

Twilight replied, "As you know it was Sunset Shimmer who stole my crown when that mirror was open on its own and she was trying to force her will on that school! I finally got her to see the importance of friendship and wanted a way to keep in touch with her to see how she was doing."

Celestia sighed, "Well I suppose this is partially my fault for not only not putting a seal on that cursed thing when you got back but trusting you to actually keep track of that thing." Her voice became more intense as she continued, "If I had the gift of foresight I would have just locked that thing up in a place where it would never be a threat to anypony, whether it was open or not."

Twilight protested, "But Celestia...."

Celestia ordered, "Twilight, activate that thing. I have business to take care of with a former student of mine and I'm sure Aria has business to settle with her sister" she glared at Twilight and sighed, "And you're coming with us so you don't deactivate that thing while we're there and strand us" she gave Colgate a smile and finished, "And I want you to stay here to make sure nothing bad comes through it."

Colgate replied, "Got it."

Twilight activated the mirror and the three stepped through. While Aria and Twilight knew exactly what to expect, Celestia had no clue as to what was going to happen. Once they crashed out of the other side of the portal, Celestia was kneeling on her hands and knees wondering what had happened to her. She asked, "What the hay has happened to me?"

Aria replied, "You have become a human, all of us have."

Celestia gasped, "What? There is a place where humans are actually real?" She began to giggle, "I hope Lyra never finds out about this thing or she'll want to come here and probably never leave."

Twilight rolled her eyes over the comment and turned to Aria, "Aria, you know this place very well. Where do you think your sister and Sunset Shimmer would be?"

Aria replied, "Well Adagio had been spending a lot of time with Sunset because of how her and I had grown to hate each other after Sonata's death."

Celestia said, "Lead the way then."

Aria looked at her surroundings with a scowl on her face. When she went through the portal this was the absolute last place she ever wanted to see. After a few minutes of walking they approached Sunset's house. She pointed towards it and said, "There is Sunset's house, let's go see if anypony is home."

The three headed towards the house and upon arrival, Aria knocked on the door. At first no one answered. Twilight knocked on the door thinking she may get someone to answer, "Sunset, it's me Twilight!"

Almost immediately the door opened and Sunset answered. She was shocked to not only see Twilight, but Aria and Celestia. Sunset hugged Twilight and asked, "Twilight, you're back so soon?" She looked at Celestia and added, "Principal Celestia......"

Celestia interrupted, "It's Princess Celestia."

Sunset stood there in shock before replying, "Princess Celestia? What are you doing here?"

Celestia replied, "To have a little talk." She looked behind Sunset asked, "Where is Adagio, Aria needs to speak to her."

Sunset gave Celestia a glare and replied, "Right now isn't a good time. I am not sure if she ever wants to speak to Aria again after not only treating her like dirt but also just running off the way she did."

Celestia was not thrilled by Sunset's glare. To her it was Sunset being the same old Sunset who ran through that mirror, that of somepony who became overly ambitious and wanted power. Celestia ordered, "Drop the scowl Sunset, we need to talk."

Aria asked, "Sunset, where is my sister? I need to speak to her."

At first Sunset glared at Aria until she saw Celestia giving her a glare that mirrored her own. She replied, "She told me she was headed to the cemetery to visit Sonata's grave and make sure they moved it to the right place."

Aria snapped, "What, they moved her casket? Where the hell did they move it to?"

Sunset replied, "Well Adagio felt bad over how you two were with her and her boyfriend so she fixed it to where their graves would be together."

Aria screamed, "She did what? Ugh, when I get my hooves, I mean hands on her!" She did a facepalm and continued, "I swear, she is just as much of a sentimental crybaby as Sonata was!" She turned towards Celestia and asked, "Celestia, is it ok if I go talk to my sister over this?"

Celestia replied, "Yes and bring her here while you're at it."

Aria nodded and headed towards the cemetery. She would not be thrilled by what she would see. She found her sister kneeling before a couple fresh graves towards the back of the cemetery. She stormed towards her sister and yelled, "What the hell is this?"

Adagio looked up and was in shock. She asked, "Aria, where the hell have you been? I've been worried sick about you!"

Aria snapped, "Oh and since when have you given a shit about me?" She glared down towards the new location of Sonata's grave and continued, "And what the fuck is this? Why the hell was Sonata's grave moved?"

Adagio replied, "Well Principal Celestia, Vice-Principal Luna, Sunset and myself talked to the directors of the cemetery and told them about how much Sonata and her boyfriend loved one another and since the plot next to his grave was available, we got them to allow us to move it so they'll always be together."

Aria did a facepalm and yelled, "Ugh good grief. I would love to know why the hell you became such a softy. Up until that night Sonata's dead boyfriend showed up in our TV you had a level head on your shoulders and now you have the same sappy mindset Sonata had." She raised her voice and groaned, "I swear, you are the worst!"

Adagio yelled, "There you go again with the whole 'the worst' thing again! Does that even have any meaning to you anymore or do you only apply it to me because I'm not the bad girl I used to be?"

Aria grunted, "Whatever Dagi, I need you to come with me."

Adagio asked, "Oh, and why should I come with you with the way you've been?"

Aria replied, "There's somepony, I mean someone at Sunset's place that needs to talk to you."

Adagio's jaw dropped open when she heard Aria using Equestrian terminology. She asked, "You went to Equestria didn't you? You brought someone from there that wants to talk to me, didn't you?"

Aria pointed in the direction of Sunset's house and said, "You'll see when we get there. Now let's get going, she doesn't want to have to be in this cursed place any longer than I do."

Adagio headed towards Sunset's house in a suddenly foul mood but at the same time she couldn't help but be nervous. She wondered who it was that wanted to talk to her. She was pretty sure it wasn't Twilight because if it were her, she and Sunset would have come to get her rather than Aria.