• Published 26th Apr 2017
  • 1,524 Views, 12 Comments

Greed and Power - TheStoryMaker



It's been nine years since the Great War has ended. I thought there wouldn't be any more wars, but that all changed in 1927. I've believed that magic or unicorns weren't real, but I was wrong. Let me tell you what I saw...

  • ...
6
 12
 1,524

Chapter Six - Stories and Theories

"That's about it," I said looking at the four of them.

"Jesus," Terrence proclaimed. "Well, that explains everything." We were at the little camp room, next to the concrete house, followed by a staircase. There was a fire in the center of us covered by a surrounded by steel frames. We were sitting in the trench made bench made out of wood planks. It was night, the Moon was bright enough to cast our shadows.

"Yeah, he was a good man. Funny, smart. All of that stuff." I stared into the fire, recalling the dream I had.

"The Princess of the Night," Called out Xavier, his breathing was starting to become unsteady. "Oh God," He looked at the sky. "I pray to God that doesn't happen to me."

"Don't all of us wish that?" Elijah said in a 'No Shit?' tone in his voice. "Nathan was one victim, of that dream..." He then stopped, ending it in a dark tone. He then changed the subject. "Hey Nathan,"

"Yeah?" I asked I looked to the left as I was on the right side of the bench, Elijah was on the left side.

"Where did you get that radio from?" He asked astonished on how far technology has gone by, the good old jazz was playing in the background so, that was okay.

"Oh, I would cut my neighbor's grass and they would pay me. So I started saving up to buy me a radio." It took a long time, most of the neighbors would give me 20 cents most or less. It was cheap nothing more than what I wanted.

"You cut my yard a few times," Terrence said grinning, then laughing. Remembering the memories.

"Yeah? And all you paid me was one cent!" I exclaimed.

"I know, I know." Terrence laugh died down as he looked at me.

"What did you do during those days anyway?"

"Oh, um." He stopped for a second then resumed. "Playing baseball, buying some cracker jacks, and some Coca-Cola. Then watching some kids play."

"How did you get the money?"

"My parents would give me money if I cleaned my room, cut the grass." He then looked down. "All of that stuff." I thought of that spending the money then giving me a penny.

Great.

"How about you guys?" I then looked at the Trio.

"Oh um, during those days, I would..." He then stopped remembering those good old days. "Play baseball, and just have the time of my life."

I then got off my seat, then surprised that he too played baseball so instead of them telling me about them playing baseball I exclaimed, "Okay, who played baseball back in the World?!"

"Me." Both Xavier and Elijah said regarding about the subject.

"I think all of us played baseball," Terrence commented as I sat back down on the bench. "Pretending to be The Great Bambino."

"Yeah, I think you're right about that," I called looking down. The memories were getting to us of the feeling of happiness and more things other than this dump. The thing is how did this happen?

Why? Why remake trench-warfare as it was ten years ago? This is just the start, the war has been lasting for 8 months by now, other countries think very differently about this war, about whether to fight or not. Other countries went or changed. But there was something that seemed different. Magic. "Do you guys think the 'magic' thing is real"?

"What do you mean?" Asked Xavier.

"Well, have you heard the stories? About unicorns, and the Pegasus."

"You had a dream about it!" Exclaimed Elijah quickly. "You explained it detail by detail."

"Yeah and?" I asked I didn't expect a much harassment from him.

"Do you believe it?"

"I-I don't know. Those were probably just dreams, fragments of my imagination." I had doubt in my mind, nothing but hallucinations. I expected the least.

"It hasn't happened to all of us," Terrence recalled. "But it will soon."

"A castle right?" Sebastian looked at me. "And a mix of a unicorn and a pegasus,"

"That's right, it was black too with some parts of blue too." He thought for a second.

"A kingdom, with a mix of pegasi and a unicorn. What do you think the name is?"

"Beats me," I replied.

"Wait, didn't we read a newspaper about that?" Terrence looked at me.

"I think we did," I tried to remember but it was so long ago when the war first started. "Didn't the Germans interrogate the ponies?"

"Holy shit, that was one of the most bizarre things I ever heard of," Terrence recalled.

"Wait, you guys read a newspaper?!" Elijah asked us in shock as well as some of the others.

"Yeah," Me and Terrence said together. I was thinking hard now remembering word for word.

"What did it say on it?" Xavier asked.

"I think it's translated to English from German. About a place called 'Equestria' right?" I looked at Terrence just to make sure I was right.

"Yeah, I think we heard that on the radio too." He looked at me.

"Oh crap, I'm starting to remember now."

"So-o, the Kingdom of Equestria?" Sebastian asked us as the name of the place. "It's a 'princess' so that makes sense."

"Or it could be the Equestrian Empire," Elijah suggested.

"What?" Xavier asked. "Clearly the Kingdom of Equestria works it's a princess!"

"I know but remember Nathan's description of the flag?"

"What fla-? Oh." Sebastian stopped.

"The flag Nathan saw. The one where it was a square flag a silver-white outline with forty-one stars, a light blue color in the background and the 'Night Princess' in the left and a white princess to the right with a sun and a crescent moon in the center."

"So what's your point?" Xavier asked.

"There are two of those things in the center so, it can be an empire." Elijah tried to make his point out of his crazy stories.

"Then who would be the Emperor?" Xavier asked once again.

"The white pony," He replied.

"I think those are alicorns," Terrence said in which stopped the argument for Elijah and Xavier. "After the war broke out when I saw that picture on the newspaper I went to the library to find out what each type of pony can do."

"Oh yeah, that picture scared the crap outta me," Xavier said.

"So what did they do?" Sebastian asked.

"Well, first of all, I read a book about mythical horses opened it up and looked at the first thing that I wanted to know: Unicorns."

"What did it say on it?" Sebastian asked again.

"I looked at the abilities and- well how do I say this...?"

"Oh god, what is it?" I asked him.

Terrence tried to be as serious and if he was hiding something. "They have an ability to have healing powers,"

"Well, at least it's not that bad!" Elijah said in relief.

"And drink the blood something else to keep you alive..." Terrence got and moved the radio beside him.

'Oh shit,' I thought to myself.

"Oh my god," Sebastian asked.

"And with their horns, they can do spells and enchantments,"

"Doesn't seem 'that' bad," Xavier said.

"They live forever until they are killed and their horns can bring the dead back to life and clean polluted water." He said fast and thoroughly.

My heart skipped a beat as he said that, randomly without thinking I exclaimed, "And you didn't tell me that shit until now!?!"

"What? You would freak out!" Terrence replied.

"Good point," I said.

"Alright, what about Pegasus?" I asked.

"They would just fly!" Elijah, Xavier, and Sebastian said mostly the same thing at the same time.

"Yeah, they just fly t-that's about it..." Terrence looked at me as he shrugged.

"Well, how about Alicorns?" I asked.

"It's a pony with wings of a pegasus and a horn of a unicorn, so it's like both." He answered as he sat down looking at the fire.

We were all quiet, I thought to myself thinking of how we can win. I guess as the more and more we fight, the more we get to know about those things.

It's just a matter of time.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the delay! For those who didn't know I was on vacation. More chapters will be coming soon!