• Published 19th Apr 2017
  • 15,106 Views, 99 Comments

Turtles of Equestria - Wildcard25



The turtles and their human friends have been to New York, Space, and Camp, now they enter a whole new world populated by pony folk and many other types of creatures.

  • ...
9
 99
 15,106

Melody Spirit

At Twilight's castle early one morning, the ninja team was in one of the rooms getting in some training. Leo sparred with Karai in swordplay, Mikey was fighting Shini, Raph with Casey, Twilight with Sunset, and April with Donnie who wasn't holding back so not to insult April. Spike and Starlight were watching from the side enjoying the demonstration, "It's amazing to see what they're capable of." Starlight said in awe.

"I know," Spike agreed, "No matter how many times I watch them fight, they never cease to amaze me." suddenly Spike belched up a scroll.

Hearing that, Twilight called, "Time out!" everyone ceased their spar, as Twilight levitated the scroll over and looked it over.

"What's it say, Twilight?" Leo asked.

"It's from Princess Celestia, she says she's found Blade's little sister, Melody Spirit." she gasped.

"His sister?" the group asked collectively.

"I knew Princess Celestia told us he had a younger sibling," Karai began, "But if she's still alive..."

"She must be ancient." Mikey added, only to get smacked in the back of the head by Raph.

"Still this is good news," Twilight replied, "If Blade's sister is still alive perhaps she has information on him we might be able to use."

"Do you really think it's wise to go to her and tell her that her supposed lost brother has turned into a villain?" Karai asked rhetorically.

"Yeah, it might give her a heart attack." Casey added.

"I know it sounds like a hard thing to do, but if anypony has the right to know it's Melody."

The group pondered on it, but knew Twilight had the right idea. Starlight spoke up, "So where is she?"

"Where she's always been. In Canterlot." Twilight answered.

"Well, let's get the girls and head over there asap." Leo instructed. The group nodded, and hurried off.


Later on, after gathering the rest of the girls the group had gone to Canterlot. They were walking the streets, as Twilight was checking the message sent by the Princess, "According to this, Melody Spirit should live... Here!" she stopped before a blue house surrounded by a small fence and the lawn was filled with flowers.

"Nice place." Applejack admitted.

"It's so lovely." Rarity agreed.

"And these flowers are so pretty." Fluttershy marveled.

The group trotted up to the front door, as Leo knocked on it. The door opened to reveal an elderly unicorn pony who looked old as Granny Smith. She had an aqua blue coat, gamboge eyes, and her mane and tail were whitish gray, with her mane tied in a little ponytail. Her cutie mark was a pair of binoculars, "Hello?" she asked.

"Ms. Melody Spirit?" Twilight asked.

"That's me." the pony confirmed.

"I'm Princess Twilight Sparkle." Twilight began, only for Melody to cut her off.

"Princess Twilight?" she gasped, "Well, this is such an honor! To what do I owe this unexpected visit?"

"My friends and I have come to talk to you about an important matter. Do you mind if we..." she trailed off.

"Not at all. Please, come inside." Melody showed the group in.


After introducing themselves, the group sat in the living room, while Melody went to make some tea. As they waited, Leo took notice of the pictures of Melody's family on the wall. One particular photo caught his eye. It was of Melody and Blade Swipe who was just a regular pony back then when they were kids, 'Looking at her now it's hard to imagine she's the younger sibling compared to him.'

Twilight, Sunset, and Starlight, took notice of some exploration awards, newspaper articles featuring her discovering something rare and unheard of, and pictures of her at Celestia's school for gifted unicorns, 'So she studied at the school like me.' Twilight and Sunset thought simultaneously.

Melody came in levitating cups of tea which she distributed to everyone, "You've certainly got a lot of science awards, Melody." Sunset noticed.

"Thank you, deary. I took several classes at Princess Celestia's school and pursued a life of exploration." the elder one explained.

"What did you explore?" April asked curioiusly.

"All over Equestria, April," she explained, "I've explored the farthest of lands to find anything worth recording from new lands and new species, to new civilizations lost by time. Everything."

"That's awesome. Just like Daring Do." Rainbow said with excitement.

"Yes. But that was decades ago," Melody replied, "Now I'm just a retired pony living life as best as I can. So what brings the Princess and all you ponies here today?"

"Well, ma'am, we came here because we need your help with something." Leo began.

"My help?"

Twilight nodded, "Yes. It concerns your brother."

At that moment, Melody almost dropped her cup of tea and looked surprised, "My-my brother?"

The group knew there was no turning back with the truth now, so Starlight answered, "Yes, your brother. His name's Blade Swipe, right?"

"And that's him right there with you, isn't it?" Leo motioned to the picture of the sibs together.

Melody sighed, "Yes, but I haven't seen my brother in decades. Everypony declared him dead." she said sadly.

"Your brother's not dead." Applejack told her.

"He isn't?" she asked curiously.

"No. He's still kicking." Raph answered.

"But how? Where has he been all this time?" she asked in worry.

"That's what we came here to tell you." Leo replied.

"But I should warn you, it's not a pretty story." Twilight warned Melody.

"Tell me everything you know about my brother." Melody said in a serious tone.

"Well, it's like this," Twilight began telling Melody everything about Blade from what happened to him years ago, to when they first made contact with him, up to the present day. With every word Twilight said, Melody kept getting more and more shocked and confused, until the Princess finished her story, "And that's why we came to you."

"This-this is unreal," Melody gasped, "My brother all this time has been alive? But why wouldn't he come home?"

Pinkie answered, "Twilight told you, nopony would hear him out. They just screamed and ran from him."

"But the stuff you told me he's been doing. I can't believe it. He wouldn't." she denied it.

"I'm afraid it's true." Leo said with remorse.

"I know my brother. He'd never do such things."

"Being experimented on by the Kraang and being ostracized by ponies can drive a guy to do crazy stuff." Casey noted.

"But we believe there's still a side of Blade that's good. We've seen it." Sunset added.

"That's why we're hoping to help him see that he doesn't have to be alone and filled with hate." Twilight put in.

"You know your brother like any sibling would know a sibling," April continued, "Can you think of anywhere he'd go if he was angry or something?"

Melody pondered, until she thought of something, "Actually, there is one place I remember him telling me about."

"And that is?" Donnie asked.

"Before signing up to join the Royal Guards, he'd travel to the Foal Mountain and practice his sword skills after discovering his talent for swordsmanship. If I know him, that's where he would choose to hide away from ponies."

"Well, if that's the case then we're going hiking." Leo told the group.

"Oh, yeah!" Mikey cheered.

"I'll inform Princess Celestia of our plan." Twilight added.

"I'm coming with." Melody spoke up.

The ninjas and ponies turned to her, "What?" Shini asked.

"I'm coming with you to the Foal Mountain."

Leo spoke up, "Ma'am, I must protest on this. We're going to be getting ourselves into a lot of danger."

"You forget I traveled all over Equestria exploring." Melody reminded him, while poking her hoof into his torso.

"Yeah back when you were a spring chicken." Mikey reminded her.

"Now you're all... old." Casey added.

"I may be old, but I'm still pretty spry for a pony my age," Melody explained confidently, "Besides, if my brother is there, then I personally want to meet him myself and give him a little tough love." she said seriously, while squinting her eyes.

Raph looked impressed, and spoke to his brothers, "I like her attitude. Maybe we should bring her along."

"Raph." Leo said in disbelief.

Pinkie bounced over, "Don't worry, Leo, if anything happens we'll be able to protect her."

"Yeah. No Dusk Ninja will lay a hoof on her as long as I'm around." Rainbow declared.

"We'll make sure of that too, Leo." Karai agreed on behalf of herself and Shinigami.

Leo turned to Twilight, "What do you think, Twilight?"

The Princess answered, "I agree that it's dangerous and we shouldn't risk putting somepony innocent at risk," she began, "However, maybe seeing Melody will draw out some of Blade's good self that can still be swayed."

"It's a good chance," Sunset nodded, "So are we all in agreement?"

The group pondered before nodding in agreement. Twilight spoke, "Then we should get ready asap."

"Perfect," Melody said, as she walked into another room and came out wearing an explorer's uniform like Daring Do's minus the hat, "Still fits even after all these years."

Soon after getting more necessary mountain climbing equipment, the group of ponies and Spike stood together, as Twilight spoke, "All right, team. Whatever happens we stick together no matter what." she put her hoof in, followed by the other ponies and Spike before throwing them up.

"Booyakasha!" Mikey cheered.