• Published 15th May 2017
  • 1,678 Views, 44 Comments

My Sister, My Sister and Me - ArtieStroke

  • ...
2
 44
 1,678

Ancient Grease

Dear Dazzlings,

I may or may not be researching magical time travel, and I was hoping you girls could give me some entirely hypothetical destination points. So, if you could be anywhere in the world at any point in history, when and where would you be?

Curious in Caneighda

"Oh, that's an easy one," Adagio immediately says, elbow firmly planted on the table in a lounging sort of pose, "Remember that little town out west we stayed that one time in the mid 19th century?"

"Those were some fun times," Sonata said, nodding. Aria groaned.

"Eugh- no thanks. Way too dry for my taste, I don't get how you two could stand it."

"You have to suffer for your aesthetic, Aria," Adagio said, flashing a grin as she shifted to be more comfortable in her chair and getting closer to the mic, "Those flouncy tavern dresses were the only decent things humanity has ever created."

"What about-"

"Whatever it is, it's bad Sonata," Adagio immediately cut her off.

"But-!"

"Bad. Just, so so bad."

"BUT IT'S DELICIOUS!"

"See?" Adagio rolled her eyes, "I could have absolutely fucking guessed you were talking about tacos. Why is it always tacos? I'm half tempted to plagiarize Aria's rant from the last episode but control-f and replace 'Yummy Buffet' with 'Tacos'."

Sonata puffed out her cheeks, "I was GONNA say the food in general, but sure! Go ahead and reduce me to a two-dimensional Neighxican food obsessed static character! I'm fine with that- except NOT!"

Aria blinked, "Wha-"

"Shoo be glorfet doo, she's actually picking up the big words from Discord."

"I! Get! No! Respect! Around! Here!" Sonata whined, balling up her fists and pounding them on the table to emphasize her point. Adagio groaned.

"Well, it's not like you do much to do so."

"I GOT us this show!" Sonata cried, standing up, "And you know what? People like it! People actually kind of adore us, and it wasn't even with your dumb, stupid mind-control wiggly-woo!"

"Woah, hey-" Aria started, holding a hand up- but Sonata continued.

"I'm a member of this team! Like- an actual third of it! But you always treat me like some sort of brain-dead good-for-nothing and gosh for ONCE in your life Adagio could you NOT treat everyone like a fucking accessory to show off when it's convenient!?"

The three sisters were silent for a few moments. Adagio was shocked- shocked by Sonata's lucidity and a little more by how it actually shocked her.

"... Sorry."

Sonata blinked, and slowly sat back down.

"... 'Kay."

Aria had moved beyond shocked to absolutely wigged out, looking between the two.

"Maybe we should... cut this part out from the final episode."

Sonata and Adagio both nodded.

"Probably for the best."

"Yeah. Not what the listeners wanna hear."

Aria nodded back, "Aight- back to the original question- the 80's. Here. Reliving those dope-ass metal concerts."

Sonata snorted back a laugh, and Adagio chuckled, "She said, surprising absolutely no one."

Aria shrugged, "Stick with what you like. I'm not going back to a time before hair straighteners, this shit is hard to maintain, okay?"

"I liked those years we spent in Whinnice," Sonata said, sitting up a bit straighter and smiling again, "The moonlit gondola rides, the pasta, the constant violins on the breeze~"

"Those were some good times," Adagio said, also smiling, "The Itailians had the right ideas as far as relaxation goes."

"Ooh- maybe we can plan a little R&R trip there sometime!" Sonata said, bouncing in her seat. Adagio thought it over for a moment.

"I never thought I'd say this, but- not a bad idea, Sonata."

"You fuckin' saps," Aria muttered, "Alright, there you have it- go where your stomach or aesthetic tells you to. Next question."

Author's Note:

"Why go back in time when you've LIVED through most of history" -The Sirens' Tale, now available on e-publishing platforms.