• Published 14th May 2017
  • 567 Views, 11 Comments

Shadow Pony - Pearly_Glider



Mrs. Cake's sister and nephew move to Ponyville, but they have no idea what followed them from Manehattan.

  • ...
 11
 567

Chapter 2

"Are you sure it was her Applejack?" Rarity asked, stirring her cup of lemon tea. She ran into Apple Jack on the way home from a party, literally. Rarity was crossing a corner when AJ rammed her side. They helped each other up, then AJ told her they had to get to the boutique fast.
When Rarity was ready with two cups of lemon tea, AJ explained the weird occurrence at the library.

"Rarity, have I ever made something as serious as this up before?" The country mare asked, she too had a cup of tea but didn't feel like sipping it just yet.

"No, but.." Rarity stared at her cup. "I just can't believe it. Twilight is the best pony I know at magic. How could she be overpowered by..."

"Trust me ok. We need to talk to Princess Celestia, she will know what to do."

"Why did you come to me about this?" Rarity asked, she put the cup of tea on the table and faced her friend.

"Cause you live closest to Twi's, I couldn't risk going anywhere else." Applejack stated.

"Well, what do you think we should do?" Rarity asked. "Our only way of contacting the Princess is through an unconscious, possibly dead, baby dragon." AJ looked at the unicorn with concern.

"Rarity, calm down. I know you’re upset, I am too." The earth pony moved closer and put a hoof on her shoulder, "Everything will be ok. I promise." Rarity thought about her actions, then took in a long, deep breath and slowly released it.

"I'm sorry Applejack, I just can't imagine my little Spikey Wikey hurt like this." AJ removed her hoof and got off the chair she was sitting in.

"We will have to leave immediately." She moved toward the door.

"What about the other girls?" Rarity asked, "What should we do?"

AJ looked at the pony and said, "I'll go buy the tickets, meet me at the train station in thirty minutes. Write a note to the girls and drop it off at the mailing office."

"Ok," Rarity said, levitating a piece of parchment and a quill to the kitchen table in front of her.

"See you then," she smiled as AJ left the boutique and retreated down the road.


Velvet Cake and Pinkie Pie raced to the police station. It had been three hours after sunset since they saw the little brown Bundt. Velvet was fighting the urge to stop and break down, but she couldn't help thinking What if something happened? What if I never see my poor baby again? You would probably do the same if your little one disappeared without a trace. The Cutie Mark Crusaders said they left Bundt at Sugar Cube Corner about thirty minutes before sunset.

"Just a little further." Pinkie assured Velvet, her mane was flattened and her fur was pale.

"Are you sure Pinkie? You've been saying that for the past few minutes." Pinkie looked at her in disbelief.

"Of course I'm sure, I know this place like the back of my ooof." She ran head first into a tree. Velvet skidded to a stop and ran back to her pink friend.

"Are you ok?" She questioned, as she helped Pinkie to her hooves.

"Yeah I'm fine," Pinkie whimpered. She rocked her head in a circle and released several air bubbles with loud pops.

"Are you sure? I can go alone the rest of the way and ask for a medic to look you over."

"No, we need to get to the police station now. We cannot waste another second." Ignoring the growing pain in her back, she stretched and popped a few more bones. Then they continued running to the police station.

Velvet and Pinkie finally arrived and raced through the Ponyville police station and to the front desk, alerting the two ponies on duty. "Civil Duty," a voice called from the back. "Can you see who that is?" Not a second later a large stallion walked through a large doorway.

"Are you okay miss?" The green pony looked Pinkie with a baffled expression, his well groomed brown mane laid at his side. "You don't look too good." She began to develop a black eye and bruises all over her body. She did feel sore, but that wasn't the issue at hoof.

"I'm fine, please help Velvet." She said, her voice still sounded depressed. Velvet had tears in her eyes.

"What's wrong Miss?" Velvet told the pony all that had previously happened. Civil Duty was shocked. There hadn't been a pony knapping in Ponyville since the Summer Sun Celebration two years ago.

"And on the way here," she added. "Pinkie was taken out by a tree."

"Velvet, I'm fine." Pinkie lied, "I have a doctors appointment next week, I'll bring it up then."

"No, you helped this pony enough." The colt went in back and give Velvet a missing pony sheet. "Ms. Pie, I need you to go to the hospital and get checked out. Mrs. Cake I would like you to stay here for a few more minutes and fill this out. You may stay the night if you'd like, but I suggest you go home. We don't really have a comfortable place to rest."

"Captain!" A blue Pegasus with a rainbow mane shouted from the back office. She came to the front with a telegram in her wing"We've just received a report of a Pegasus carrying a foal toward Ponyville." Civil Duty and Velvet hurried to her, Civil Duty snatched the note with his unicorn magic. Pinkie slowly walked up to the Pegasus and stood right beside her.

"Rainbow! I had no idea you worked her!" Pinkie said enthusiastically.

"Well yeah Pinkie, I told you guys several times I'm volunteering here." She looked the earth pony over, "Well dang Pinkie, that must have been some party. You look really banged up."

Pinkie laughed nervously, "It's a long story." She gave a slight smile.

"Looks like you won't need to worry Ms. Cake. Looks like your son is headed here now." He smiled at her.

Velvet turned to Pinkie, who was wincing at the widespread pain. "You, my little pony, need to get to the hospital."

"Velvet I told you, I'm fine. I'll just..." Her mind getting slow and foggy. Velvet slowly walked to her friend's side.

"Yo Pinkie?" Rainbow Dash called from the back of the counter. "You ok?" Suddenly Pinkie dropped to the ground.

"PINKIE!" Velvet shouted running to her friend's side.

"Stay back!" Civil Duty called commanded Velvet. "Ms. Dash go to the back and get the first aid kit."

"Yes, sir!" She saluted and flew to the back, reappearing approximately two seconds later. Civil Duty put his ear to the pink pony's neck trying to read the pulse. Then shook his head.

His horn lit up and magic spread over the Pinkie Pie. " Rainbow, I'm going to teleport us to the hospital, I need you to stay here with Ms. Cake." She nodded once again and moved toward the Earth pony. "Good, I'll be back as soon as I can." Within a moment, the two ponies disappeared.


Twilight woke up in utter darkness with a blistering headache.

"Twilight?" Whispered a voice in the dark. She looked all around not seeing the source.

"Spike? Where are you?" Her eyes adjusted to the dark environment and she noticed she was in the library. The moon was bright and shone through the windows. After wincing from the pain in her head, she looked around. All around her was a kind of crimson liquid, but she wasn't focused on that right now. She had to find her baby dragon.

"Twilight.," Spike called out again, this time sounding more hurt than scared. Twilight immediately got to her hooves but collapsed when a wave of memories crashed upon her.

"That was some party, huh Spike?" Twilight said leaving Sugar Cube Corner.

"Yeah, but ever since we left the library, I've had the weirdest feeling," Spike said from Twilight's back. Her happy trot slowed when she heard his statement.

"Really?" Twilight asked, "Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"I didn't want to bother you." The dragon said blowing on an annoying leaf that just landed on his snout.

"I wouldn't have been bothered, we just would have come home to check on the place."

"Exactly my point!" He rolled over onto his belly. "Every time anyone of us gets such a feeling we get home ASAP. I hate when we do that."

"I know you do Spike, but nine times out of ten something's wrong," Twilight lectured. "Remember last time, when we left Gummy's birthday present at home. And the time before that when you left the water running."

"Yeah, yeah. Can you give me a break? That was one time for Celestia's sake." Spike whined.

"Ok," the purple unicorn teased.

Twilight put her hoof to her head and found the source of the crimson liquid. Great! She thought, then took a deep steady breath. Come on Twilight. She told herself. You have to find him.

"Spike?" She whispered, "Are you okay?" When she didn't get a reply, she got worried. "SPIKE!" She whispered a bit louder. There was still no answer. She managed to get to her hooves and walked around. She noticed the door was wide open. Another wave of memories crashed upon her.

Twilight as she trotted down the street. Spike had just brought up a hilarious memory about the last Welcome to Pony Ville party.

"Yeah," she laughed wiping a tear from her eye. "We are almost home, you want to get off my back?"

"Sure," Spike said readying himself to jump off the ponies back. Twilight suddenly stopped, causing Spike to go crashing down to the ground.

"Hey, what gives?" Spike asked dusting himself off. Twilight stared at the door of the library. "Twilight, are you alright?"

"Spike," she whispered. "I want you to stay here for a minute."

"But why?" The dragon asked turning his head to the door. It stood open with a crack. Spike stood petrified as he stared at the door.

Twilight slowly walked up the pathway and opened the door. Not seeing anything, she walked right in.

With a shake of her head, she managed to push the memories aside for the moment. She thought she saw something move in the corner of her eye, near the bookcase. Slowly, she walked toward it and found another puddle of the liquid. Her heart jumped into her throat as she surveyed the area and noticed the purple dragon was nowhere in sight.

"Spike!" She yelled in a high whisper, she tried to yell louder but a pain grew in her throat. She plopped her tail end on the ground with a loud thud. She buried her head in her hooves, another memory threatened her. "I don't care." She told her self-conscious. "Just tell me what happened to my baby.."

Twilight entered the house, not seeing anypony she motioned for her dragon to come closer.

"We were lucky this time Spike." She said, closing the door behind them. "Now what have we.." There was a sharp cling as a frying pan hit the pony in the back of her head causing her to fall to the ground.

"SPIKE!" She wanted to yell, but couldn't manage it.

"Mom?" Twilight's head shot up.

"Spike?"


"Hello?! Is anypony there." Fluttershy asked in the pitch black.

Bundt heard this and ran faster. "Please help me!" He screamed, drawing closer to the pony who finally responded. Fluttershy kept running towards the voice.

In the distance, she could hear hooves stomping faster and faster through the rough terrain. There was a loud scream not far from Fluttershy, she lifted herself off the ground and surveyed the area. Just a few feet down was a scared young colt. She thought she saw him before, but couldn't remember where.

Fluttershy swooped down and held the young colt in her hooves. Her wings continued to carry her and the foal into the air. She hugged it tightly.

"It's ok." she soothed the frightened pony. "You're safe now." He cried in her warm fur, as they soared to the town. All that could be heard as a whimpering foal and the flapping of wings. Every once in awhile, she would try to question the young colt: "Where do you live?" "What's your name?" but all she received was quiet sobs. "I think it would be best if I drop you off at the police station. Is that okay with you?" He nodded, still holding the yellow Pegasus tight.

Author's Note:

Don't you think Henery did an awesome job with the memories? :duck: