• Published 10th Apr 2017
  • 1,072 Views, 16 Comments

Flutterphobia - JesterOfDestiny



Pinkie Pie is forced to reconsider her fear of spiders.

  • ...
0
 16
 1,072

Chapter 5 - Gathering the Team

Far away from the happenings in town, in a place where the news about Pinkie’s panic rampage hasn’t gone yet, Applejack was bucking apples, like she does most days. Sweet Apple Acres was quiet, despite what just happened in the morning.

Applejack kicked an apple tree and the apples fell out of it, right into the strategically placed buckets. She was ready to go for the next one, but she heard something skittering in the bucket. She looked at it and saw an enormous spider, holding onto one of the apples. She pushed that apple out of the bucket and the spider fell on the ground.

“You’re a big one, ain’t’cha?” She said upon closer inspection. She was ready to stomp on it, but she was interrupted by Discord slithering out of the tree and coiling around the spider.

“Don’t you dare!” He threatened Applejack, with a loud hiss.

Suddenly Twilight fell out of the tree behind Applejack.

“Twi?” She addressed Twilight, while she was still rubbing her aching forehead. “Why is Discord so protective about that spider?”

Twilight took a moment to gather herself. “Because that spider is Fluttershy!”

“Come again?”

“Just take a very close look.” Twilight insisted.

So Applejack stepped to the spider Discord was protecting and took a very close look.

“Hi Applejack!” The spider said in a faint tiny voice. It was indeed Fluttershy.

Suffice to say, Applejack was rather surprised by hearing Fluttershy’s voice come out of a spider. She took a moment to gather her thoughts.

“Why is Fluttershy a spider?” She asked both of them.

“A spell transformed her.” Twilight answered.

“Discord, was it your spell?” Applejack accused Discord.

Discord got annoyed at the accusation. “Why does everyone think it was me? Do you honestly believe I would put Fluttershy in danger for a prank?”

“Well then just turn her back!” Applejack exclaimed, wondering why they didn’t do that in the first place.

“We can’t.” Twilight responded. “It’s a very complex spell that can only be broken once Pinkie gets over her fear of spiders.”

Applejack was dumbfounded. “What barrel-bottom-licking lunatic came up with a spell that specific?”

“I know, right?” Discord repeated the sentiment.

“Trust me, this isn’t even the weirdest spell I’ve ever seen.” Said Twilight.

“So what now?” Applejack asked. “How exactly do you plan to cure Pinkie?”

“Actually,” Twilight thought for a bit, “we could use your help.”

“My help?” Applejack said somewhat surprised. “I assume you two tried to catch her, but failed.” Twilight and Discord nodded. “Then, how exactly could I help you?”

Twilight thought for a bit again. “I have a plan.” She said. “Applejack, get your rope. Discord, get Fuzzy Legs. We’re going Pinkie hunting!”