• Published 9th Apr 2017
  • 345 Views, 17 Comments

Half-Hoof - Alfoals Trottenbauer

  • ...
 17
 345

V - Railway

They weren't firing at him. No, what they were firing at was much, much larger than Ace.

The soldiers were dwarfed by what it was. A blue colossal exoskeleton, a single glowing, red eye. The soldiers were firing everything they had. The monster was shooting fire from it's arms. a security pony was in the back, shooting at the soldiers from a window in a control room, they shot him and he fell behind the wall of the room. Ace galloped past them, the soldiers started shooting at him, a few hitting the suit, the others grazing his mane and tail. He found stacks upon stacks of concrete dividers blocked the way. Ace took no heed of the dividers, he started climbing over them, jumping off on the other side when he got to the top. He found he was in an underground railway system of sorts, an electric rail was clearly labeled in the middle.

He galloped without noticing, directly on top of the rail. He started to notice his suit was getting heavier. He looked over at his power, he saw it draining with every instant. He jumped off the rail, feeling his hooves burnt. He still galloped on, despite the whole megawatts of electricity in his body.

He rounded a corner, A bullet whizzed past his ear, a squad of soldiers and a mounted gun opened fire. Ace hid behind the corner, waiting for them to stop. When they did, he jumped out again and fired into the group. He ran out of ammo for his assault rifle, so he switched out for his magnum.

"Eat. Led. Go. To. Tartarus. Maggots!" He yelled as he fired, punctuating every word with a bullet.

The mounted gun eventually stopped firing, he looked down, noticing the dents in his suit from the gun. He noticed one on his chest that had a hole in it. He felt the bullet in his chest. He continued at a trot. He eventually dropped his magnum, redirecting his magic onto the bullet, pulling it out. A 7.62 caliber bullet, covered in blood. He tossed it aside, picking up his revolver. He took ammo from a fallen soldier.

He galloped along, coming across some spraypaint graffiti. He read it: 'YORE DEAD SPARKS'. He eventually came across another one, saying: 'SERENDUR SPARKES'. "Talk about eye candy." He joked to himself. He considered that he'd gone crazy, talking to himself. He cantered along the rails. He rounded another corner, a rocket launching echoed across the system. Ace shouted and dashed back behind the corner. More missiles shot by.

"What the hay!?" He asked, the soldier actually responding.

"This'll teach you, Sparks!!" He yelled.

"What is your problem!?" No response.

The soldier finally ran out of rockets.

Ace jumped around the corner Sylvester Stallione-style and fired whole clips from his rifle, shouting.

He was long dead before then, a faint silhouette jumped from behind the launcher. In seconds a hoof came flying at Ace's snout, blood trailed with the hoof. He wiped his snout. Somepony bucked his face, they were going to pay. Ace tossed his gun to the side, it's sliding echoed across the tunnel system. He popped his neck. He swung at the silhouette, breaking it's snout. It swung back, Ace dodged. Ace swung upward, practically jumping up into the silhouette's lower jaw, teeth flew out. The silhouette fell. He realized it was a mare with balaclava on. Ace picked up his gun again. He galloped on.

He finally came to an end of the rail system, a light shining through.