• Published 19th May 2021
  • 877 Views, 10 Comments

Bluebirds vs Black Devils :& The Forbidden Love - Howler



Rainbow is a Black Devil , Soarin a Bluebird, but they could never be together

  • ...
6
 10
 877

Special Day (Dash's POV)

Author's Note:

Scootaloo is in a wheelchair, just think it like her wings

Racing is one of the greatest feelings in the world. The feeling of the air going past you, the feeling of going faster and faster. When you feel the adrenaline rush through your veins.

It makes you feel alive.

There's a point where everything fades. The machine becomes weightless. All that's left, is a body moving through space and time. That's where you meet it. You feel it coming. It creeps up near you, and it asks you a question.

The only question that matters......

Who are you?

As the racing car sped around the course, they switched gears managing the most modern nitro in their automobile. As they neared the fourth gear, they had to slow down to perform a switch or they'll smash. But quickly finished the turn.

The car drove into one last lap before completing an aileron roll and closing next to the stands.

They got out of the vehicle to present a figure with a helmet and the original practice gear, they jerked off their helmet to reveal a girl with magenta eyes, rainbow hair, and a cocky smirk to match.

The girl is...

Rainbow Silver Dash...

A Black Devil......

She remembers the days of being a girl, her brother, Spectrum was a veteran who passed away, and her mother, Firefly, was a retired Black Devil who passed away from a car accident before Scootaloo was adopted, so her older brother took over, it was a struggle for 17-year-old to take custody of the pair, being he was in high school. But he managed, he was always there for the two, sick days, events, anything he was there.

The reason the two adopted Scootaloo was that they found the little girl in the streets, and they grew a bond with her. Even though Scootaloo doesn't look like her siblings or is the same age as them, she did not care either way.

Then they had half- sibling named Lightning who is the second oldest to Blitz, But Blitz did love being one, Her real mother left her at a young age and even gave her a baptism where everyone on the news saw the birth. Where no one did for her. Rainbow & Blitz just hit it though. The two were inseparable, but Rainbow still tried to spend time with her sister Lightning since she thought she was cool. But Lightning would isolate herself in her room to stay away from her. Rainbow being younger was hurt by her big sister, & when she did come out for work or something. She would not talk to the younger girl or anyone in the mansion, she would glare at anyone who talked to her. Even sometimes growled at some. No one knew what to do with her, they all were scared of her. Blitz wouldn't have it & even fused at his sister, but she just ignores him & walks away. Even Rainbow tried but Lightning did the same to the girl.

After her real father & step-father died, Lightning left the mansion and moved to California to start a new life, & Being she didn't need to stay with people who didn't love her. & found peace whilst away from people she might harm. Clear helped her buy a cheap home, being the fact that Lightning wanted to start new without being rich. When Rainbow & Blitz find out the news that Lightning Flames is gone. Blitz was glad for the news, Rainbow didn't know what to think of it, even if her sister prevailed mean to her. There were still Relatives, but over time Rainbow grew that hate for her sister like everyone else, even much so that when they met again.


Clear Skies, our cousin, visits, but she lives in her apartment. Also, she offers to babysit Scootaloo, but another thing about her is. She has too many boyfriends for anyone to keep up with.

Her brother, Blitz is the reason she loves racing because he was a retired racer, who lost his title to some Bluebird rookie. When he retired, he instructed her on everything he knew. The explanation why he did he never confessed, even till this day. And on her first race, she races some Bluebird who she lost to and forgets his name.

She remembered the day when Scoots almost died of a sickness. Blitz was nineteen, Dash was fifteenth, and Scoots was seven

The three siblings had a wonderful bond, so much so that Rainbow became the right age for guys to like her.

Blitz wouldn't have it.

Can you blame him…

Rainbow's beauty caused men to lose their words, and everywhere they went, guys would flirt with her.

But, it never ends well.....

When Dash turned 15, the Black Devils saw Dash's skills, they couldn't ask her brother to let her in fast enough, but he warmed up to the idea.

Sitting in the stands were her only family left, Blitz, her older brother, and Scootaloo adopted little sister, the thing about her she is handicapped when Scoots first came to live with them, she tried Dash's motorcycle when they weren't looking and she got thrown off, she stays in the hospital for 7 weeks.

The two tried to visit her every day, whenever they could, and they stayed the night because Scoots was still too young to be by herself. When it was okay for her to come home, the oldest siblings were there to pick her up. When they got home, Scoots lost feeling in her legs, so Blitz became protective over Scoots, and wouldn't let her do anything. Dash had to step in, to let the little girl have freedom, she taught her everything she knows. After a while, Blitz quieted down, he was still protective over her, and the two didn’t mind their little sister’s handicap. They still loved her.

Blitz was the first to come over "That was okay, but you could have gone at it a different way, like your front-wheel-drive configuration basic fundamental understanding of strengths and weaknesses is required to exploit the front-wheel-drive benefits and use them to your advantage. You’re asking your front tires to do all the work and you only have so much available grip, so under-steer is common coming out of corners when you’re turning hard and applying power. Balancing these forces is critical. Use the car’s weight distribution to your advantage; all your weight is on the front axle, and everything else is just "along for the ride" so to speak. The handling characteristics of a front-wheel-drive will allow you to treat it differently due to this dynamic between weight and thrust. Exploit it. !" Blitz stated as he got closer, and patted her head, "But a good job never the least." Then he smirked, "How about race, hotshot." she smirked, “ You’re on.” As put her helmet on while Scootaloo watched the two.

"You and your ego," Blitz stated while rolling his eyes. He came closer to her, and picked her up suddenly, putting her on his shoulder. Dash was just hitting her brother's shoulder, not hard, he teased" But remember who's stronger." as he dropped her on her feet, but not hard, Dash just glared playfully "Oh yeah." Blitz just smirked in triumph but responded with a playful tone" Yeah I can take you anytime and anywhere." The two went back and forth with insults, but the one watching knew they didn't mean it.

Until a thought came to her mind, everything in her stopped, her eyes were trying to hide tears, and she just wiped them away...

Her brain kept thinking of .....

What day it is......

"What's wrong?" her brother asked with worry.

"Don't you remember what day it is?"

As soon as those words left her mouth, her brother's eyes widened with realization as tears started to fall from the very eyes of the brother. At that moment, things changed for the two. That one moment when he whispered her name, looked her over for the time with liquid pride in his eyes, and wrapped his arms around her as he pulled her into an embrace. As she pulled her mouth away from her brother’s chest, the first tear found its way from her face down to the male that raised her. From there it did not stop. He didn’t even try to bottle the tears as he had done; he no longer had anyone to stay strong in front of. He just let them roll while she stared at the male.

Dash stood watching her brother, cautious about whether to move closer or not. Dash was grateful to Blitz for all he had done for her. She would also stay with him until the end.

Cherished all this extra time he had thanks to the care her brother had managed to provide; that was all Dash had wanted in return. She had been warned by Dash to leave no regrets or loose threads and she had taken the advice to heart. There were confessions and recollections of things long since considered trivial.

Blitz’s legs were shaking. He felt as though the ground beneath him was starting to disappear. All attempts to calm himself came to nothing.
Scootaloo watches her siblings with confusion. The two didn't care they were causing a scene, as everyone watched the two rainbow-haired siblings not knowing how to approach them.

It was the anniversary of their parent's death......

For while the two said nothing until Dash wiped away her tears, "Come on, let's get out here before we make a river of tears." Trying to lighten the mood, but was lying to herself, As soon as those words left Blitz snapped out of it, she continued, "Let's stop at the house, so I can change, and go to the flower shop." he just nodded Blitz walked to his car and got in the driver's seat. She put Scootaloo in her car seat and placing the wheelchair in the back of the vehicle, she climbed in the passenger seat. As Blitz drove off, he soon made it home, "Wait here." I said to my brother, and he just nodded, the rainbow-haired woman stepped into the home, then she got knocked down by her male Border Collie, Orion, "Hey buddy."

They made it to the flower shop.

The older siblings unbuckled their seatbelts and got out of the car. Dash went to the door behind her and undid Scootaloo's car seat, helping her get down, I felt a hand grab mine, and looking down to see it Scootaloo, "What is it, Scoots?" she gestured her hands to the flower shop, "Why are we at a flower shop?" she asked, deciding to answer her question truthfully, "Because this is the day our parents died." she just went oh, as they walked into the flower shop. Dash admired everything, 'What did we get last time?' she thought.

An employee asked, "Need any help?" alarming Dash a bit, "I'm just trying to remember what we had last time." She awkwardly said with her right hand, behind her back but her brother thought for a moment, and said, "I think a few roses, " he said from behind her.

The employee nodded his head to go retrieve the flowers as Dash gave her brother a surprised look.

"You remember what we bought the last time we came here?" Dash asked

Blitz just smirked. "Of course I did, it was a few days after my darling sister came to visit and you knocked everything over."

She blushes in embarrassment, "Right."

"We should get going now."

Soon we got into the vehicle to go visit our parents, Dash turned on the radio but unexpectedly turned it to the news, before she could change it. Something came on it interested her brother, "Keep it on," And she kept on to see what with her brother "This is just in the famous racer, Night Sky passed away this morning in his sleep, every Bluebird mourns the death of their leader, not as much as his children he left, His oldest, his son, Soarin' Skies, his second-oldest, his daughter, Midnight Harmony, his third oldest, his daughter, Static Speed, his fourth oldest, his son, Comet Flash, his fifth oldest, his daughter, Sky Burst, the baby, his son, Arctic Silver, there will be a funeral today at 4:56 p.m., at Bluebirds HQ, the question everyone asks is who will take charge?' looking over to see my brother's reaction, his face turned serious, which was a rare look on him.

You see, he and Night were rivals in racing.

One day when I was 11 years old, back when my parents were alive, my brother and Night were racing against each other. Blitz had a bet on the race saying that he could drive any racing car around the track about 10 times faster than any Bluebird. She was young to understand that Blitz challenged Night to a race, she was young to understand the feud hadn't affected her yet. She guesses her parents and Blitz thought she was too young to go racing or things to make the Bluebirds hurt. Before the race that changed my view on the Bluebirds.

So anyway, Blitz was representing the Black Devils, and Night was representing the Bluebirds. He and Blitz had gotten into another argument which turned into a very nasty fight and then turned into a bet on a race.

It was very important, Blitz said, because if he were to lose, he would be letting the whole Headquarters down, and bring shame to them. Blitz had been teaching me the basics of how to drive a racecar before the race changed the way I viewed things between the Headquarters forever and was promising to give me a real lesson after the race was over. Back to the story, they were just racing down the racetrack, and my Blitz shoved his racecar into Night's and he increased the speed to higher than my Blitz taught me it had to go. He said that if you went past the limit, it could be deadly for you. That's why he was the master racecar racer and why Night was not. Because when he increased the speed, he smashed hard into Blitz's race car, sending them both off course and into the fences that blocked the Headquarters from one another. They crashed, and then the next thing I knew was that I saw my brother's chest got glass into it, so he had to go to the hospital to get surgery. But he survived the surgery.

But I learned something very important that day, Bluebirds are the evilest and most murderous creatures in the entire world. Whenever I looked at any of them or my rival Lighting Dust, I would just see blood, dirty blood, and that was it. I hated them for hurting my brother, making him get headaches later on in life causing him to be unable to race.

The person I looked up to more than anyone in the Black Devils Headquarters, even though I was very little. Now, I don't remember the race that well as I wished I did, or as my brother did. The hate I had most was now a part of my body and soul like an arm or a heart. I hated them so much, and that's why I trained as much as with Blitz, so I could make sure that the Black Devils were a million times better than any Bluebirds in the world. Race Car racing was what my brother loved more than anything in the world, and I loved it as well. I wanted to make sure that I resembled my brother in that. He loved his Headquarters and was willing to do anything for it.

Bluebirds, the word to me was like swearing.

So obviously, I'm getting a little ahead of myself. I could go on for hours about my hatred of Bluebirds, but then the sun would go down and I wouldn't be able to see that and then where would I be? Not only would you think I'm crazy, but you also wouldn't be able to hear my story. My story, of the thing in my life that came to me and changed me forever, and honestly I never expected it, but now I know that it happened. And I'm glad it did

Dash managed to nod her head woozily as the two walked over toward the cemetery. It was already relatively late into the afternoon and not many people were around except for an elderly couple a few sections down.

"I'm sorry we haven't visited you in a while mum and dad, I've lost track of time with all the new changes that happened in my life over this past year," Dash whispered at their grave.

Blitz took the roses out from their pots and quietly arranged them neatly around his tomb. "Heh, it looks a lot better now, doesn't it?"

Dash beamed at Blitz's work as he bent down next to her. "Mom and Dad I'm sorry, we haven't visited you in years, but things have been hectic, between getting Scootaloo. At this point in my life, I would be considered an adult, from what Blitz told me about you two, you were always there for him, and I will never forget those little things, parents. Even though I don't know you like I want to, Blitz made sure to tell me everything about you. You have provided all the luxuries to him You never said no to anything. I will never forget the way you gave him lessons about life. You taught me how to live life gracefully. You are my first teacher, my parents and I am proud to have you in my life. I love you so much. I want to tell you that I am always there for you. Thank you always!

Blitz chuckled as he patted the soft ground beneath them. "Mom and Dad, these past few years without you, have been hard on me, with Lightning leaving, at first, but I had Dash helping me get through the hard times. Then Scoots came into my life and brought me so much happiness through gloomy times. I wouldn't ever trade the two, that is why I never got a girlfriend. Ain't it funny, how much your life can change like how when you are thrown into the world of taking care of a little sister and with that new addition to your life, you retire from your career. I truly get what you mean by kids can be a handful, but there are some bright moments when it comes to taking care of a kid, like when Scoots came into our lives, if it wasn't for my two sisters I would be lost. So, mom and dad... Thank you. For everything. I promise I will work hard to make you proud."

Dash smiled gently as a cool wind passed by. "Is there anything else we forgot to mention?"

Blitz stood back up to properly stretch out his arms and legs. "I don't think so. Dash and I are both working hard for Dash into the big league of racing. It won't be easy, but that's what makes the challenge worth it."

Dash nodded her head as she moved to stand also. ' I still miss you, mum and dad, though I'm glad that you're at peace here...'

"Are you ready to go Dash or do you want to stick around a bit longer?" Blitz asked lightly.

Dash turned to give one final look over mum and dad's grave and smiled at how much nicer it looked in appearance after they had polished their stone marker and placed new flowers around it.

"No, that's okay. I'm sure mum and dad wouldn't want us dwelling here all depressed." Dash mused.

"True, I don't like feeling all mopey like this either." Blitz considered with a frown.

Dash moved to grab Scootaloo and Blitz's hands and gave them a gentle squeeze. "I'm sure getting started on that race you challenge me to will provide a good distraction then!"

Blitz's frown deepened, but he squeezed her hand in return. "That's not what I meant, but okay."