• Published 14th Mar 2017
  • 3,654 Views, 456 Comments

Jak and Daxter: Children of Eco - Blackdrag-rose



Pinkie and Jak grow up together, and with Daxter's help they work to save the world from the dark forces that seek to do it harm.

  • ...
26
 456
 3,654

PreviousChapters Next
Interlude: Aftermath

The moment the Dark Maker ship was completely destroyed, the Dark Maker machine swiftly following it in death, and the eventual death of Errol at the hands of Jak and Pinkie, the siblings returned to Raven and made their way back to Spargus, where they could rest while they waited for the rest of their group to arrive. As they entered the city Jak opened his communicator and informed Ashelin that they had succeeded in defeating Errol, for real this time, though he could hear the others cheer for their victory. The people of Spargus cheered for them as they made their way towards Damas' throne room, where they had first awoken after he and his Wastelanders had saved them from the desert, though at the same time they passed by Seem in the process. The monk informed them that she would watch for their friends and direct them towards the area they were heading towards, to which they thanked her and retired to Damas' throne room... to which Raven reverted back to his ottsel form before they entered the elevator.

It took some time for the rest of their group to arrive, especially since Damas and the Precursors had been deep inside the heart of the planet, though Jak and Pinkie welcomed everyone as they arrived, though at the same time Jak embraced Keira while Pinkie and Ashelin shared their own hug. When Damas arrived Jak and Pinkie charged at him, where the Precursor Leader informed them that Pinkie's work in healing the king's body was solid and that he was proud of her abilities... while at the same time smiling at a shocked Samos.

"So, what are your names?" Damas asked, as while he knew that many among them had questions, and he was sure that Pinkie was one of them, he figured that it would be best if they knew the names of the Precursors they would be talking to for some length of time.

"It has been some time since we last used our real names," the Precursor Leader said, though at the same time he smiled at the group for a moment, while his companions simply stared at him, "and these days we use nicknames. I, for example, am Eon, and these are my companions Surf and Trigger... they are named after their hobbies, surfing and playing with guns."

"That's... something I wasn't expecting to hear," Samos commented, as while it appeared that one of the Precursors was serious the other two seemed to have more fun with their hobbies, which he was still having trouble wrapping his head around at the moment.

"I'll have you know that whenever we reached a new planet I would use my special surfboard to test the water's of the planet we had found," Surf stated, though the look on his face told the group that he actually longed to do so again, meaning that the three of them must have been stuck in the core for a long time, "testing the water allows me to see what sort of sea life will be created for a planet and allows me to have fun as well."

"And while I like guns, I prefer building machines," Trigger added, to which he waved a hand and the image of a Precursor Robot appeared in front of them, on a smaller scale anyway, before he looked it over, "I'm generally the one that draws up the blueprints for these things and makes sure they get made on time before we leave for another planet. I also take on the appearance of a dummy so I can lure my foes into a false sense of security, which is why I walk away from combat and my opponents don't."

Jak and Pinkie chuckled at that, because Raven had done the same thing during their adventures, though at the same time they noticed that Eon was staring at Pinkie, meaning that there was something that he wanted to talk about.

"First, I would like to thank all of you for your help in saving our part of the universe from the Dark Makers," Eon spoke up, to which everyone turned towards him and his companions, to which he tapped his staff on the floor and the image of several planets appeared around them, "but, as you can guess, there is more to the universe than what you have seen so far. Pinkie, I'm sure that you know this by now, but you were never born on this planet, rather you simply time space warped into Haven City and were found by the Baron. I have spent a considerable amount of years retracing the path you went through and I was able to locate the exact planet you came from."

"Wait, I'm not from this world?" Pinkie asked, though at the same time she guessed that such a thing was likely possible, especially since her abilities were drastically different from what Jak's were.

"That's correct," Eon said, to which he selected a planet and zoomed up close to it, though at the same time Pinkie felt something in her memories stir, "This is Equus, your home world, where you entered a special mirror that allows one to travel between worlds, though the mirror you had entered had been modified in some manner... or that is what we're assuming happened to you. From what we can tell the primary lifeforms of your home world are different from this world, though we haven't been able to actually see what's on your home world. Something is actually interfering with our investigations, so in order for us to actually give you any information we would have to visit your home world and see what's waiting for you there."

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's build a Rift Ring or something and head over there." Daxter commented, shocking the entire group for a few seconds, as they were surprised to hear who was suggesting that they leave this planet behind for a few hours.

"Indeed, which is why we readied our ship the moment we discovered the Dark Maker ship was finished," Eon said, though this tone indicated that he wasn't actually annoyed with Daxter, though at the same time he tapped his staff against the floor once more, "Daxter, since you played a part in saving this world, I shall grant you what you desire most."

Eon leveled his staff with Daxter, who was engulfed in a bright light for a few seconds, though when the light faded it was revealed that he was wearing a pair of blue pants that were scaled down to his body size. Tess, upon seeing this, commented on how nice it would be if she had a pair like Daxter's, to which Eon proclaimed that they should be careful what they wish for before transforming Tess into an ottsel, complete with her clothes shrinking to match her new size. Once that was taken care of, however, Eon said that he, Jak, Daxter, Pinkie, Raven, and his Precursor companions would be departing from the planet in the next few hours, as he wanted to make sure that Pinkie had the opportunity to restore her memories and remember who she used to be.

Pinkie was confused, but at the same time she was interested in leaving this planet behind to see what else the universe had in store for her, her brother, and her best friends... and she was excited to see what this Equus was like, once they arrived at their destination.

PreviousChapters Next