• Published 14th Mar 2017
  • 3,641 Views, 456 Comments

Jak and Daxter: Children of Eco - Blackdrag-rose



Pinkie and Jak grow up together, and with Daxter's help they work to save the world from the dark forces that seek to do it harm.

  • ...
26
 456
 3,641

PreviousChapters Next
Exile: Additional Destruction

Jak, Daxter, Pinkie, and Raven were only allowed to spend a few minutes with Damas before he had to tend to the rest of the Wastelanders that called Spargus home, which left the group to do whatever they desired until they figured out what to do next. During the next ten minutes all four of them were thanked for helping defend the city from the Walkers that the Dark Makers had sent to destroy them, not that the Wastelanders knew what the names of their enemies were, though Daxter was delighted by the praise, even if he did nothing besides help Jak figure out where the Walkers were. They also had time to gather some refreshments, both drinks and some food, before they were called upon once more... though this time they were being contacted by Samos.

"Jak, Pinkie, we have a problem." Samos said, though at the same time the siblings knew that there had to be a problem, as that was the only reason anyone bothered to contact them these days, but at the same time they listened to the communicator, "Readings indicate that Errol has somehow alerted and raised the shields on the Dark Makers' ship. Now even if we do manage to turn on the Planetary Defense System, it may not have an effect. I have a feeling the Astro-Viewer in Haven Forest does more than just look at stars. The lot of you must be cautious, dark creatures have taken over the forest. It will be a battle just to reach the Astro-Viewer now."

"Its a battle to reach anything in Haven City these days." Daxter commented, though as the communicator powered down they headed towards the transport, as they wanted to give Raven enough time to rest and regain his energy, especially since he had flown the entire distance from Haven to the Wastelands.

Once the people of Spargus heard that they were needed elsewhere they bid the group farewell and returned to their duties, allowing them to make for the garage and the transport that was hanging out near the city's entrance. The moment they were back aboard the transport the door closed behind them and took off, allowing them to see Spargus, and the Wasteland, disappear into the distance as they raced back towards Haven City. While they flew back towards their destination Daxter openly wondered how much longer the war was going to last before the city was finally at peace again, to which Pinkie replied that she believed they were nearing the end of their mission... though she couldn't explain how she knew that and simply smiled at them.

Jak, on the other hand, was beginning to suspect that there was more to his sister than he originally thought, as her Eco Powers were unlike anything he had ever seen and didn't match anything that Samos had told him about, back when they were first learning about this sort of thing. From what he had seen she was still able to put things into storage, meaning into her hair, and pull out whatever she wanted, though at the same time she had actually kept this ability to themselves and hadn't used it since they were banished from Haven. Then were was Pinkamena, his sister's darker alter ego, who was a pain in his rear back when they were fighting the Baron and Metal Kor, but it appeared that the Light Eco had not only restored Pinkie to a more reasonable form, it also had restricted Pinkemena... while at the same time granting Pinkie extraordinary powers.

He knew that this war was as good as over, as he was positive that Pinkie could do it all on her own, but he smiled as they flew through the air and raced towards Haven, because despite that fact she was still fighting by his side and not doing anything totally crazy... though he had the feeling that crazy would return in the future.

When they reached Haven City, and the transport let them off, they acquired a pair of zoomers and raced into the Metal Head section of the city, where they found that the Metal Heads seemed angry, which had to be because Errol was allied with them and had issued orders to them. For the most part they ignored the Metal Heads, as it appeared that certain members of the Neo Metal Heads were busy distracting their enemies, to which they landed in front of the forest entrance and departed from what was going to become a war zone. When they entered the forest they found that the Troopers had spawned into the area and had already set up nine strange flower like objects on the stone walls, which appeared to spit out flying enemies... and there happened to be three turrets around the entire area.

Raven grinned when he saw the flying enemies, to which he shifted into his hybrid state and charged after them, his wings allowing him to take to the air, where he ripped apart the first Dark Maker flying minion he came across and tossed the pieces to the ground, before searching for more. Jak, on the other hand, used his Peace Maker to knock off the guy that was commanding the first turret he came across, though while he shot at the strange flowers Pinkie stood around him and conjured several Peace Maker spheres. It was the same routine as she had done back when Freedom HQ was under attack, she kicked the spheres through the air and blasted their enemies apart, though she focused on those that were on the ground while Raven dealt with the enemies in the air... allowing Jak to focus on the flowers.

Once the first trio of flowers were taken care of Jak and Pinkie made their way to the second and eventually third turrets as well, repeating the process two more times before all nine flowers, and the minions of the Dark Makers, had been taken care of... to which the five pillars that surrounded the Astro-Viewer rose out of the water once more and allowed them to ascend to the top of the central pillar. When they reached the top, and noticed that the four other artifacts they had recovered were still floating around the machine, Jak approached the Astro-Viewer and set the Time Map in the final slot, which caused the machine to point right at the Dark Maker ship.

"The lot of you have done wonderfully," Samos commented through the communicator, though at the same time Jak leaned forward to look at the ship once more, "I knew that machine was special!"

The moment Jak gazed through the Astro-Viewer, and looked upon the Dark Maker ship once more, he felt something odd happen to him, almost making him flinch as he felt something enter his head.

"Get out of my head!" Jak declared, as he was worried that the Dark Makers might have corrupted the machine while they were away and that this was their plan to get inside his head, but he also felt a presence that made him forget about that ridiculous idea.

"Jak?" Daxter said, though at the same time he waved his heads as he tried to get Jak's attention, but it apepared that he was getting nowhere at the moment, "We're losing you buddy!"

"It's linking me into the Dark Maker ship systems." Jak stated, while at the same time realizing exactly what the Astro-Viewer was allowing him to do, to which he stopped resisting and went with the flow, "They're taking me to them."

Pinkie smiled as she rested the palm of her hand against Jak's back and closed her eyes, allowing her natural control over the six colors of Eco to come back to her and aid her in making sure that Jak's body remained safe and sound while his mind was smashing through the Dark Maker ship. At the same time she could see an image in her mind of Jak controlling a Dark Maker Titan, a corrupted version of the Titan Suit they had used back during the time of the Baron, to smash through enemies and barriers. Despite the fact that she actually wasn't in control of the situation, this being the corrupted Titan Suit, she did enjoy watching her brother smash through the ship as he tore everything apart, while at the same time searching for the shield generator.

Eventually the fun came to an end as Jak found what he was searching for and broke the shield generator, by punching bombs in its direction, but it eventually did the job... to which the Astro-Viewer knocked his mind back to his body and disconnected him from the Dark Maker ship systems. Judging by the look on Jak's face it appeared that he had also seen something before returning to his body, but at the moment he said that what he had seen wasn't important and that they needed to check with the others about hitting the ship before it found a way to repair all the damage he had done... and hit them before it summoned its shields again.

Once Pinkie agreed with him Raven returned to the ground and transformed back into his dragon form, to which they took off and headed towards Freedom HQ, as time was of the essence and this was the fastest way for them to travel. As they made their way across the city they heard the sounds of the Freedom League soldiers cheering as they noticed Raven flying overhead, meaning that he was a morale booster to them. It didn't take them long to reach their destination, and allowing for a few seconds of standing still so Raven would revert back to a smaller form, before they entered the building and found their friends waiting for them.

"Good job taking out those shields, even if you won't tell us exactly how you did it." Ashelin commented, because at this point she was sure that Jak had either gotten help from the Precursors, Pinkie's unusual abilities, or both of them, and the last option was the strangest of the three, "Though I'm going to be honest, we have no idea what Errol will try to do next with the Dark Maker ship. Obviously we have to take him out, before he has a chance to use whatever else in on that infernal ship."

"Let me guess, you already have an idea on how we can get at Errol?" Jak inquired, because the looks on everyone's faces told him that there had to be a plan, though he was hoping it was a good one.

"We have a plan," Ashelin replied, though at the same time she shook her head, because she knew that if this failed than the only thing left to do would be to have Pinkie finish the war on her own, "but it's... risky."

"You know, after everything we've been through, I'm not surprised that its a risky mission," Daxter said, as he had heard all of the missions that Jak and Pinkie had been assigned since they arrived in this time period, and he had even done some himself before finding either of them, "so, are we being given the mission as per the usual?"

"No." Ashelin answered, catching Daxter off guard and making him wonder what they were even doing here, before noticing that Jak and Pinkie were curios about the whole thing, "The part of the mission I'm referring to is actually being given to Torn and Jinx. Your part of the mission is to cover them while they drive a vehicle filled with explosives into the Metal Head section, where you can blow open the nest... and hunt down Errol once the opening has been made."

"Oh, I'm liking this plan already." Pinkie said, to which Jak nodded, as part of them liking this mission was because they actually weren't the one responsible for flying the explosives, but they were more focused on the possibility of taking out Errol and stopping this war.

It took a few more minutes for Torn and Jinx to finish setting up the vehicle that would be carrying the explosives, though once it was ready Torn took the wheel and moved onto the streets while Jinx climbed into the cruiser that would be following them. He and Sig would be riding along, giving Sig the opportunity to hunt some Metal Heads while they were flying and help ease the battle that the Freedom League soldiers were in, while Jak gained control of the guns and fired at the remaining KG robots that stood in their way. Pinkie and Raven, on the other hand, took to the skies and hunted down the Metal Heads that would be trying to ambush the group along the path they had chosen, though they also circled back to the vehicle to be sure nothing had happened to Torn and the others.

Thanks to them taking out the enemies that would have ambushed the group, and Jak's skill on the cruiser's turret, they were able to make their way to the Metal Head section of the city... where Torn leapt off the vehicle once they reached the nest, blowing an opening for Jak and Pinkie to enter through, while Sig and Jinx landed nearby.

"Oh yeah, they hurtin' now." Sig said, though at the same time he reached into a container and pulled out two small missile like objects, which he tossed to Jak and Pinkie, "Move and groove, chili peppers."

"All right, it's payback time!" Jak commented, though after he caught the final weapon mod, one labeled 'Super Nova', he turned around and looked at the rest of his group, "You ready to rock, guys?"

"You mean go in that place?" Daxter asked, pointing at the Metal Head nest that was in front of them, though when he got three heads nodding at him he simply sighed and shrugged, "Sure, let's get in there and prevent the end of our world."

As they entered the nest they found a Light Eco Vent on their right, to which Jak and Pinkie restocked on their Light Eco before they ventured into the actual area that their enemies controlled. All sorts of Dark Maker minions were standing in their way, as in the smaller minions that walked on four legs and the flying type that they encountered back in the forest not even thirty minutes ago. There was also a large hole in the area they were walking around, meaning that they had to be extra careful before taking out the enemies around them, though once their targets were done for a platform lowered into place and allowed them to climb up to the next area they needed to progress through.

Three Troopers appeared on the platform once it stopped moving, though Jak and Pinkie had been waiting for something like that and opened fire on them, before progressing up to the next walkway after a second platform lowered into position. They then followed the path that was in front of them, though this time they conserved their ammunition as their enemies appeared to be the smaller minions, though after a few minutes they encountered a trio of flying enemies that wanted to prevent them from moving onward. After that they came to a second Light Eco Vent that rested in front of a large gap between them and the platform they needed to be on, though both Jak and Pinkie knew exactly which power to use in this instance.

Jak stepped into the Light Eco and accessed his Light Flight form, to which he jumped into the air and flapped his wings until he reached the other platform, where he reverted back to his normal form and opened fire on the enemies that were advancing towards him. Pinkie, on the other hand, smiled as her own unique wings unfurled from the back section of her armor, though that was when she flew into the air and moved towards where her brother was waiting for her. Instead of stopping beside him, and transforming back to her normal state, she leveled her hand with the enemies that were further ahead of her brother and opened fire on them, allowing Jak to move forward on his own.

"Show off," Daxter commented, as while it appeared that Jak's Light Flight form had a limited use it seemed that Pinkie's was the exact opposite, meaning that she could turn it on and off depending on how much energy she had left, though because of her ability to use the Eco around her... well, Daxter was sure that Pinkie could keep it up forever if she really wanted to.

As Jak and Pinkie killed their enemies, and Jak made his way up the ramps that were in front of him, a dark purple bridge appeared and allowed Jak to move forward once he got to it, instead of waiting for it to appear on its own. They then came to another area where enemies gathered to attack them, though this time they combined the Red Eco grenade mod and the Yellow Eco Gyro mod to tear their enemies to pieces while sustaining next to no damage. They then continued through the area in front of them, lowering more platforms into place and summoning more bridges as well, until they reached the top of the area they had been fighting through... where they used the platform that appeared near them to reach the top area of the nest.

When they reached the top, and Pinkie finally dropped out of her Light Flight form, they found Errol standing in what they assumed was a warp gate, one that was as large as the Rift Gate they had ridden through, before their foe turned and looked at them for a moment.

"Ahh, my little friends have come to see me off." Errol stated, staring at all four of them for a few seconds, though at the same time he refused to look Pinkie in the eyes, meaning that he remembered the punishment she had given him in the War Factory, "I'd love to stay and chat, but I have an appointment with the most powerful beings in the universe!"

"You're through, Metal Monkey!" Daxter declared, annoyed that their opponent thought that they weren't worth sticking around and chatting for a few minutes, "Don't make me come over there and sic Pinkie on you!"

"I can easily summon the Multiform Army whenever I desire," Pinkie said, to which she grinned as she looked at Errol, who actually flinched for a moment, though she followed that up by drawing her scythe for a few seconds, "or I could just rend the life from your body... whatever is left of it anyway."

"You're too late!" Errol snapped, glaring at the four of them, as if he was completely ignoring what Pinkie was capable of doing with her unique abilities, "I've already awakened the Dark Maker ship. When I come back, I will be wielding the very power of the Precursors! I'll see the lot of you soon enough."

Before anyone could stop him Errol charged into the large warp gate and disappeared, to which the small indent that he had been standing in front of ejected a Dark Eco Crystal, which Jak collected not a few seconds later. With the crystal removed from the circuit that was powering the portal, however, the entire area shook for a few seconds, to which Jak and Pinkie headed towards the opening that was opposite where the warp gate was located. Sig flew up in the cruiser and beckoned for them to jump onto the vehicle, where Jak was more than willing to jump onto the vehicle as Pinkie leapt into the air. Jak, Daxter, and Sig watched as Pinkie unfurled her Eco wings once more and flew away from the Metal Head nest, causing Sig to follow her lead... which was followed by the top of the building exploding.

Jak and Pinkie smiled as they flew away from the Metal Head section of the city, as they were one step closer to finishing off Errol and his Dark Maker allies... and Pinkie was sure that they would be heading into the catacombs in the next hour or so.

PreviousChapters Next