• Published 28th Jun 2019
  • 479 Views, 5 Comments

Whispers - destinedjagold



A pale-pink alicorn goes to Ponyville.

  • ...
2
 5
 479

00 - 04

"Mom?"

"Hm?" The Princess of Love blinks and turns to her daughter who is standing by the door. My, how the time flies so fast. "Yes, honey?"

The teen alicorn enters the room and closes the door behind her. As she trots toward her mother, she looks back, weary eyes by the door.

Her smile fades, her face now washed with concern. "Flurry, what's wrong?"

Flurry Heart looks at her mother, sighs, and shakes her head. "Nothing's wrong." She looks out the window, staring at the many twinkling stars in the clear evening sky. "At least, I hope there isn't..."

She knows that look. She has seen it countless times before. "...but?"

The teenager closes her eyes and sighs. "I ... can't help but feel that Uncle Spike hates me."

Cadence's ears droop. Maybe vacationing here in Ponyville was a mistake.

Flurry shakes her head. "Not just her, though."

Oh?

...

...oh no...

Her eye twitches. "Auntie Applejack looks at me like she hates me when she thinks I couldn't see her. Auntie Rarity seems like she doesn't want to talk to me." She closes her eyes and violently shakes her head. "And whenever Auntie Rainbow Dash visits Equestria, she never, ever talks to me, and she doesn't even try to hide it."

Cadence had hoped that this day would come a little later, or never.

Flurry grunts in frustration. "And what's even more frustrating is that I do not know why!" She takes a deep breath, holds it in, and sighs. "...and I don't know how to ask them either."

Cadence steels herself as her daughter slowly turns to her.

She sniffs, and wipes a tear out of her eyes. "Mom? Do you know why?"