• Published 28th Jun 2019
  • 479 Views, 5 Comments

Whispers - destinedjagold



A pale-pink alicorn goes to Ponyville.

  • ...
2
 5
 479

03 - 07

"It ... it might work," Starlight says, eyes wide open. She quickly whips her gaze to the dragon. "Spike! It might work!"

Flurry looks at her uncle.

Spike has been ... silent, during the alicorn's explanation. No words, no breath, no emotion.

He's still reading that damn book!

Flurry fails to stop herself from frowning.

"Spike...?" Starlight calls.

Spike suddenly closes the book with an audible slam, and Flurry shakes her head, to not relive the memories.

"One try," the dragon says, glaring at the alicorn.

"Spike," Starlight starts. "Flurry is onto something! We can bring her back! We can bring Twilight back! Don't you think—"

"One. Chance."

Starlight flinches.

Flurry Heart nervously nods her head. "One chance is all I need." She places her hoof on her chest. "I promise to bring her back, Spike."

The dragon grunts and starts to leave.

The two mares look at each other, and with a nod, the duo follow Spike out of the library, heading towards where it all happened...

...where it all began.

Starlight leans close to Flurry. "One chance, Flurry..." she whispers. "You have a fifty-percent chance..."

Flurry nods her head. "I know..."

"Are you certain of this?"

The alicorn shakes her head. "But that's what Spike has offered. It's my one chance to fix everything."

"But do you know which one?" Starlight asks, a bit louder than she wants.

No. Flurry is not one-hundred percent sure which one.

The present has two histories, and Flurry is to choose which one did she sent her aunt: the already written or the yet to be written?

Flurry mulls it over, but before long the trio arrives in the map room.

Silence.

The three creatures stand there, staring at one particular throne in the room.

Starlight quietly trots up to the dragon and places a hoof on his clenched claw.

Spike closes his eyes and sighs. "Let's just get this over with." He reopens his eyes and turns to fully face the alicorn.

Flurry nods her head and approaches him.

Standing in front of each other, gazes on one another, Spike lifts a claw up and—