• Published 25th Feb 2017
  • 906 Views, 57 Comments

Chasing Treasures - Yukito



The race is on to secure ancient artefacts that open the way to Equestria before criminal mastermind Tirek does

  • ...
4
 57
 906

8 - Shopping

The girls arrived at the small shop in the city of Detrot, after riding by helicopter for three hours and driving for thirty minutes.

The shop was in the slums of the city, where buildings were condemned and beggars were sleeping wherever they dropped.

"Stay close," Chrysalis cautioned, making a point to 'accidentally' flash her holstered gun to a many approaching them with a hand in his pocket. He swiftly turned and walked away, and the four girls entered the shop together.

"Welcome!"

The shopkeeper was a shady-looking man, dressed in a black cloak with a purple facemask obscuring his features. He stood behind a counter, two blue flames shining brightly behind him.

"Got a selection of good things on sale!"

Daring Do stepped forward and waved. "Hey, how's it been?" The shopkeeper chuckled, and the two shook hands. "Listen, I'm looking for something that I can trade with PandaBubba for a magic compass to save the world. Long story."

"Got some rare things on sale, stranger."

The shopkeeper stepped out from behind the counter and led Daring Do over to a collection of statues, trinkets, and other ancient-looking items that the explorer seemed to see some value in that Sunset Shimmer could not.

Sunset's eyes caught a display case of firearms and she wandered over whilst Daring Do browsed the wares. She admired the collection of shotguns, SMGs, handguns, and grenades that could fuel a small army.

"What are ya buyin'?" the shopkeeper asked as he approached her.

"Oh, no, I was just, uh, looking…" Sunset's eyes fell on a particular pistol and she stared at it for several seconds. "I see you have an eye for things. Gun's not just about shootin', it's about reloadin'!"

"Well, I don't have any money on me, so…"

"This should do!" Daring Do exclaimed, holding up a blue statue that sparkled in the sunlight. "The 'Sapphire Stone'! You can give me a discount, right?" Daring Do approached the counter and threw down a wad of bills.

"Not enough cash, stranger."

"Oh, come on!"

"Perhaps this will do?" Chrysalis asked, offering the shopkeeper a small, golden locket with a ruby set inside.

The shopkeeper examined it and said, "Ahhh… I'll buy it at a high price." He turned back to Daring Do. "Is that all, stranger?"

"Yep! This should be a worthy trade for the compass."

"Eheheheh… Thank you."

After making the exchange, the girls began to leave the shop. However, as Sunset turned to follow, she felt a tug at her arm. She turned back to find the shopkeeper offering the gun that she was just looking at. "I told you, I don't have any-"

"On the house, stranger," the shopkeeper said, pushing the gun towards her until she took hold of it. "I sense you'll be needing it."

"… You sure?"

The shopkeeper simply laughed, and then returned to his position behind the counter. "Come back anytime!"

As she left and rejoined the others, Sunset asked Daring Do, "Where did you find that guy?"

"In Spain, I ran into some trouble and he helped me out… Though it cost me a fair bit."

"We should make preparations to leave for China soon," Chrysalis said. "I'll prepare a private jet and make arrangements for Sunset and Adagio."

The four girls got into Chrysalis' car and drove off through the city. About ten minutes into the drive, Adagio noticed a car behind them in the rear-view mirror. "… I think we're being followed."

"Hm?" Chrysalis checked the mirror, and saw a red dot appear in the centre. Then, the back window and the mirror both shattered. She accelerated and grit her teeth. "I've got weapons in the back! Keep them off us until we reach the helicopter!"

Daring Do took out her revolver and lowered her window, using the side mirror to find an opening and then leaning outside to fire. She punctured a tyre and the pursuing car skidded to a halt, but then two more appeared and fired on them, forcing her back into the car.

Sunset gripped her jewel and conjured a spell in her left hand. A ball of flames manifested, and she waited until the firing had stopped to fire it through the now-open back window.

One car was forced to stop as the flames engulfed it, whilst the other car swerved to avoid the spell and kept on them. Adagio found a pistol in the back and fired at the remaining car, narrowing her eyes and focussing on the sounds of the wind and of the other car's engine. When she heard the car moving to the left, she lined the shot up and fired. The bullet hit the driver in the head and forced the car to crash into a building.

"That's the last of them," Adagio reported.

"We're almost at the helicopter," Chrysalis announced.

Minutes later, they arrived at the landing site, and wasted no time abandoning the car and rushing towards the aircraft. However, before they could reach it, the helicopter exploded, bursting into flames before their eyes. The force of the explosion knocked them back, and the heat washed over them as smoke began to rise into the air.

Sunset helped Adagio to her feet, noticing a chunk of metal in the siren's ankle. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine!" Adagio yelled, ripping the metal out and cursing from the pain. "I-I'll be fine! I've had worse!"

"We have to move," Chrysalis said, taking out her handgun and looking around cautiously. "Can she stand?"

"I'll carry her if I have to," Sunset said.

"You'll do no such thing!" Adagio yelled, forcing herself to rise to her feet, wincing from the pain all the while.

"There's no time for being stubborn," Chrysalis warned. "We have to go now before Tirek's forces can-"

Chrysalis was cut off as the sound of an engine alerted the girls to the arrival of another vehicle. A porsche arrived at the scene, its windows tinted and its frame reinforced.

Chrysalis and Daring Do trained their guns on the car, whilst Sunset readied another spell. One of the rear doors opened, and from within stepped out a Spanish man wearing a cream-coloured shirt, casting a taunting look towards Daring Do.

"It seems you are in some trouble, Miss Do. Perhaps you would like a lift?"