• Published 25th Feb 2017
  • 904 Views, 57 Comments

Chasing Treasures - Yukito



The race is on to secure ancient artefacts that open the way to Equestria before criminal mastermind Tirek does

  • ...
4
 57
 904

21 - To Equestria

"We have to move out now," Shining Armor announced as everybody gathered in the meeting room. Sunset Shimmer, Daring Do, Doctor Caballeron, Chrysalis, Blueblood, and the Dazzlings. "Tirek's fleet is already en route to the portal, located somewhere in the Bermuda Triangle. The American naval fleet and air force have been alerted and will move to intercept them, but Tirek has already reached Equestria, then we must go in there and stop him."

"We can't leave Cadance and Gilda behind," Blueblood said.

Shining Armor nodded. "That is why we'll split into two teams. You and Chrysalis will take the Dazzlings to the location Sunset has provided and check it out. Full use of magic is authorised should you encounter the enemy."

Aria grinned, though it didn't last long as Chrysalis said, "I'll prepare the bomb collars."

"Sunset, Daring Do and Doctor Caballeron, you three will come with me and move to intercept Tirek. Ideally, we'll reach the portal first, but if not, we will have to be ready to cross into Equestria to stop him."

"Sounds interesting," Caballeron said. "Let us not forget the warhead Tirek has."

"We will also have to locate and secure the nuclear warhead," Shining Armor continued. "This time, we must not fail."

Sunset raised her hand. "Since we're hurting for help, I've got a friend I'd like to call in. She's in the know about all this, and she's very talented with a rifle."

"A 'friend'?" Shining asked. "Who?"

Sunset simply smiled. "Sorry, but she's requested to remain anonymous. Trust me, though, she'll be a great help."

Shining Armor considered her proposal for a few moments, and then said, "Very well. Can't see how it could be any worse than trusting Doctor Caballeron…" As Sunset took out her phone and dialled a number, Shining Armor looked over everybody once more. "We'll be heading out soon. Make sure that you're ready, and whatever happens… try to make it back alive."


Hours later, Alpha Team – consisting of Sunset, Shining, Daring Do, Caballeron and Bon Bon – were alerted to Tirek's fleet coming up on their way to their destination. Sunset looked out of the side of their helicopter and gasped. Tirek's fleet was huge, and was engaged in combat with the American navy's. Though Tirek's air fleet was vastly inferior, Shining Armor and the surrounding helicopters were warned to keep their distance, as Tirek's fleet was armed with anti-air defences that had already downed several jets.

"Looks like we can't get any closer," Caballeron commented.

"We can," Sunset said, raising his hand. The jewel around her neck glowed, and her hand followed. "I can cloak the entire helicopter, making it invisible to our foes. We won't even show up on their radars, provided we don't draw attention to ourselves."

Daring Do stared ahead at the large pillar of light in the distance. It was thanks to that that the fleet were able to find Tirek at all, but the fact it was there meant that the portal was open. "Do all of these soldiers know about magic?"

Shining Armor, piloting the helicopter as Sunset's spell kept it cloaked, responded, "No. Only the black ops that have moved to secure the portal know. The regular troops have been told that the light is a natural phenomenon, that Tirek is using to navigate these seas."

"Alert! Nuclear warhead located, I repeat, we have eyes on the warhead!"

Shining Armor activated the microphone in the cockpit and asked, "Where is it?"

"The large red freighter, just south-south-west of the pillar. We're marking the area now."

Sunset noticed a flare coming out of a jet to her right, and looked below to find a large freighter, big enough to house a small village, staying just outside of the battlefield.

"Warhead is prepped for launch!"

"Calm down. Tirek is saving it for a last resort. Simply keep it marked for now, but don't engage. Repeat, do not fire on that freighter!"

"Ten-four!"

Shining Armor shut off the microphone, and said, "At least with Tirek in Equestria, we know that the warhead will not be fired yet."

Doctor Caballeron stood up, grabbing a nearby parachute and approaching the side of the helicopter. "Well then, this is where I get off. I don't think that I will be of much use in a world of magic, but here, I can disrupt the launch."

Daring Do also rose, grabbing her own parachute. "Like hell I'll trust you with a nuke. I'm going with you." She turned to Sunset Shimmer. "You guys have got this," she said in a sure tone. "We'll make sure Tirek can't launch this nuke, so you guys go all-out and do whatever it takes to stop him!"

"Oh, trust me," Sunset began, "We will. Tirek picked the wrong home to mess with."

Doctor Caballeron jumped from the helicopter, and Daring Do followed. The two fell for some time before opening their chutes and, soon, they were out-of-sight.

Sunset, Bon Bon and Shining Armor were the three left in the helicopter, the former keeping it hidden with her magic as the latter kept his eyes focussed on the portal ahead, drawing closer with each passing second.

Taking in deep breathes, the three passed through the portal.