• Published 24th Feb 2017
  • 4,091 Views, 18 Comments

Life of Two Worlds - Unanimous123



After Princess Twilight gets trapped in the Human World and Sunset has run off. Princess Twilight will now have to piece her life together in this strange new world.

  • ...
7
 18
 4,091

Truthfully Sunset

Sunset Shimmer didn’t stop running until she saw an abandoned hut in the forest. Sunset slowed her pace as her rage at Princess Twilight began to subside. Cautiously she entered the hut.

Sunset looked around in the small hut. The roof was shabby, but it looked like it could handle rain. The walls were made of very old wood and there was a hole in the side that served as a window. The hut was decorated with old ornamental items and there was a cauldron filled with dry herbs. The only pice of furniture was a small wooden table with a dirty tablecloth.

Sunset looked around and sighed. It was either sleeping here or outdoors. After weighing her options, Sunset took of her jacked and used it as a pillow for her head. She shivered. Guess I’ll have to use this tablecloth as a blanket, she thought to herself

As Sunset walked over to pick up the tablecloth she sensed something. It felt almost magical. Sunset immediately was intrigued by the strange sensation. If it was magic, it could be used against that prissy princess who stole away her life.

With out a moment’s hesitation, Sunset began to search through the small hut to find the source of this strange magic. After a few minutes Sunset ceremonious looking masks that were buried in the hut as well as some strange looking tools that were lying near the cauldron. After digging up most of the floor in the hut. Sunset decided to look inside on the cauldron. At first Sunset found many strange looking herbs, but after removing them she found four books hidden in the bottom.

Sunset looked at the titles of the books Supernatural Remedies, Herbal Healing, The Truth in Life, and Dreams and Destiny. As Sunset held the booked the strange sensation she had came back stronger than before. One of these books contained magic!

“If any of these books contain magic, it should be this one,” Sunset muttered as she opened up Supernatural Remedies. To her dismay the book only contained natural remedies that were super. Sunset then opened Herbal Healing and Dreams and Destiny, but her search was in vain.

After a half hour of searching, Sunset finally opened The Truth in Life, and her hand felt the buzzing sensation of magic. Sunset excitedly inspected the book and found a secret opening in the binding. With her heart beating with anticipation, Sunset finally pulled out a brown rusted box with some words engraved on it. Sunset exited the hut and using the shreds of sunlight that were scattered along the forest floor she was able to make out the words. “Stone of Truth”. Sunset wondered what it could do. Maybe it could give her her true powers, or maybe it transform her into the position she deserved— an alicorn.

As the possibilities swam through her head Sunset couldn’t take it and opened the box. Inside she gazed at the magical amber colored stone in front of her. Slowly she picked up the stone and she passed out.

•••

Sunset found herself walking in a place that looked oddly familiar. The exquisite decor that surrounded her was made with expensive cloth and adorned with gems. Suddenly it dawned on her that she must be in Princess Celestia’s castle she looked at herself and murmured, “Strange, why am I still human.”

Sunset gasped as she saw a filly version of herself preparing to take her entrance exam into Celestia’s school for gifted unicorns. She walked after her filly self and watched as her younger version cast a complex spell that made a rare plant grow. Sunset smiled remembering her amazing magical capabilities. Then her filly self turned in Sunset’s direction, but didn’t notice her. Sunset realized that she was invisible to her.

Suddenly the world began to spin and she saw Princess Celestia talking to her filly self and making her a protege. Sunset could feel tears of joy rolling down her face as she remembered the amount of happiness she had that day. She followed as Celestia showed filly Sunset the crystal mirror for the first time. Sunset saw herself as an alicorn, but for a few seconds she appeared as a human. The filly looked as surprised as she felt, but Princess Celestia just dismissed it calling it a glitch.

Sunset stared and pondered. The mirror had known she was going to end up in the human world, but how? She didn’t have much time to think as the world around her began to spin and Sunset found herself in the forbidden library filled with knowledge on the Crystal Mirror. Sunset used this as an opportunity to maybe find another way to use magic in the human world. Immediately, Sunset grabbed a few books on magic and began to read. She was interrupted when she heard yelling and saw herself as a young mare who was yelling at Princess Celestia. Sunset approached them just as the young mare took off running and jumped through the mirror.

The world spun again and Sunset was in the front of a destroyed entrance to Canterlot High. She saw the helpless students all under her control. As a sharp laugh filled the sky, Sunset looked towards the Wondercolt’s statue and saw a demon version of herself fighting with Twilight. Sunset was slightly disappointed in her appearance she knew she looked bad as a demon, but she didn’t think she looked like that. However, Sunset was proud of her accomplishment just a few years ago she was a nobody after Celestia sent her away, but now she had power. As she smiled, monster self turned to Sunset and gave a frightening, wicked smile, “I will destroy the world.”

•••

Suddenly the world went black and Sunset woke up on the forest floor. She dropped the stone on the floor. Sunset had mixed emotions. Though she was proud of her knowledge in magic. She began to fear the monster within her. As these emotions overwhelmed her, Sunset fell to her knees “What have I become?”

Author's Note:

The chapter hasn't been made yet, but I want your opinions. Do you want Sunset's reformation to happen next or do you want her to hold a grudge for the next few chapters? I'm okay with either option, but I want your opinion, so please leave a review or something. Also it's kind of hard balancing fimfiction writing and high school, so updates will usually happen on Mondays or Fridays.

Thanks for reading :twilightsheepish: