• Published 6th Jul 2012
  • 4,038 Views, 183 Comments

Wish Upon A Star - striberx



This is my own HIE story. It's mostly about me in Equestria after a horrible message i recieve.

  • ...
13
 183
 4,038

Chapter 17: Hearts And Hooves Day

Wish Upon A Star
================================================================================

Chapter 17: Hearts and Hooves Day

===========================================

Morning came and today was going to be extremely difficult. It was Hearts and Hooves Day or pretty much Valentine's Day in Equestria.

I lost a bet to Applejack and you all ready know what I'm supposted to do. I'm suppost to ask either Fluttershy or Rainbow Dash out on a date.

I was going to go ask Rainbow out but it seemed to me that she had other plans. Probably with Soarin or somthing else or maybe she's just not the romantic type after all.

So I guess that's my answer. I have to ask out Fluttershy. "*gulp* I hope this goes well." I said to myself while trying to find a way to gain the courage to ask her out.

You're all probably thinking why is this so hard for ya Cody? Well to answer that is... well.. difficult. I wasn't the best with talking to girls.

One time I finally got enough courage to ask one girl that I really liked out on a date. But it didn't go so well. She said yes to me but after school was out I saw my sister giving me a letter. It was from the one I just asked out.

It said that she only said that so that she can get rid of me. I was pretty much heartbroken. After that incedent I tried it again but with a few others. But it all ended the same way with me heartbroken and alone. [true story]

So after all my experiences I've had with girls I became really shy towards them and tried to not even think about a date. But silly me it wasn't going to happen. I figured if I could read a book about it I may find a way to over come my fears of rejection.

I got to Twilgiht's library and did my best so that nopony knew what I was doing. "Why hello Cody! Can I help you out with anything?" Asked Twilight. I blushed a bit and started to stutter "Uh... no I- I'm good Twilight. Hehehe. Just uh.. uh.. Browsing? Don't mind me." I said.

Twilight looked at me in such confusion. She then giggled "Well ok then. But if you need anything don't hesitate to ask." She replied. I nodded while looking through anything that could help. After searching for at least an hour i finally found it!

"Dating A Reference Guide. Everything You Need To Know About Dating." The book said in it's bold words. I turned around to see if Twilight or one of the other girls saw me. I was in the clear. I sighed silently as I can. I then tip-toed to a chair where I knew I could be safe while reading it.

I opened the book and began to read. As I read the book it gave me lots of usefull tips and such. It felt like I was reading it for hours but as I finished it and closed the book I looked to see what time it was. 10:24. (It's been only 20 minutes?!!) I yelled in my head.

I then tried my best to plan out a good yet rememberable moment. After mintues alone with my thoughts I had a plan!!! Now it's time to see if it works out!!

I got the house and went inside. "Hello Cody." Said Fluttershy. I was getting really nervous about all of this. "Uh.. Hey Fluttershy." I replied while trying not to be embarassed.

Fluttershy cocked her head in confusion. "Is there somthing wrong Cody?" Asked Fluttershy. (Well her goes nothing.) I said to myself. "Well actually Fluttershy there's somthing I wanted to ask you."

"Yes?" Fluttershy asked as she began to step closer. I could hear my heart beating at such a pace. I was begining to blushed "Would you like to..." I said before stuttering.

(Come on Cody you can do this!) I yelled in my head. I took a deep breath "Would you like to go on a date with me for Hearts and Hooves Day?!" I said outloud. I could've sworn that my face was red as an apple.

Fluttershy's eyes grew with such surprise and she too blushed bright red. "On.... a... a.. Date? Wi-with...y-y-you?" Said the nervous Fluttershy. I nodded.

She then began to smile with such joy. Her wings sprun forth with so much joy. "Yes!" Said proclaimed. I then sighed for relief. (Huh looks like I was worried about nothing) I said to myself. Me and Fluttershy then began to walk to town ready for this day.

We first stopped by a stand to get some drinks. Then I stopped to grab some flowers for Fluttershy I then gave it to her. She giggled at my kindness as she put the flowers in her sadle bag.

We kept walking for a bit and we also talk for awhile mostly about on life and others personalities. It was very enjoyable. We then stopped by SugarCube Coner for some sweets. "Hello Cody" Said Mr and Mrs. Cake. "Hey there." I replied.

"So what can I get ya for today Cody?" Asked Mr.Cake. "Two cupcakes with sprinkles please." I asked. He nodded and gave me my order. "Thanks. So how much this time?" I asked him.

He shook his head saying "Free of charge today." I smiled. I then headed out the store giving Fluttershy her cupcake too. She smiled as she grabbed it with her wings. We then headed towards the park for some *alone time*.

We got to her favorite spot on a near by hill and relaxed. I was still blushing with such embarassment and tension and same goes for Fluttershy. (Man this feels so akward!) I said to myself.

We just sat there for what felt like hours maybe even days. As I finally tried to gain enough courage to talk to her until AppleJack barged in "Howdy."

We both jumped out of our spots. "AppleJack! You know not to sneak up on me like that!" I yelled. She chuckled "Sorry bout that Cody. So looks like you've finally choosed who to ask out huh?" Said AppleJack.

Fluttershy then looked at us "Wait what do you mean by choosed?" Asked Fluttershy. "Well ya see I betted Cody if he lost at the rodeo ya'll put up for me he had to ask either you or Rainbow out on a date." Said Aj.

I then face-plamed myself. Fluttershy began to tear up. "so...*sniffle sniffle* you did all of this all because you lost a bet?" Said Fluttershy as she began to cry. "Well I-" I was cut off trying to explain this.

Fluttershy turned around and flew away crying. "Wait Fluttershy!" I said as she flew away from my sights. "I'm sorry Cody I didn't know that you didn't wanted to tell her." Said AppleJack trying to apologize. I lowered my head in depression and started to walk away.

As Fluttershy got home Twilight and Rainbow were there talking. As they heard Fluttershy crying they tunred to her. "Fluttershy what happened?" Asked Twilight. "*sniffle sniffle* Cody asked me out on a date today. But it turns out he was just fulfilling a bet he lost to *Cry*." Said Fluttershy as tears flowed threw her eyes.

Twilight then walked over to her and comfort her. Rainbow then turned away and flew she was obviously pissed at me. I sat on a bench feeling horrible "Damn It Damn It All!!" I yelled. "How could I do that? How could I hurt Fluttershy?" I said in sorrow.

Then all of a sudden I was tackled. I got sent flying towards a tree and got pinned. I looked to see Rainbow pinning me in anger. "Rainbow I-" I was cut off again. "HOW COULD YOU? HOW COULD YOU HURT FLUTTERSHY?!" Yelled the furious Rainbow.

"She helped you, she saved your life, she gave you a new home and this is how you repay her? By breaking her heart?!" Yelled Rainbow as she punched me to the ground.. Rainbow was seriously pissed but I also saw tears around her eyes. Just then tears began to flow down my cheeks.

"You're right. I shouldn't have done that. I would've asked her out way before I made that stupid bet but i was too scared of being rejected." I replied. I was crying. I was crying my heart out. I hurt the one thing I this world I truely cared for besides the others. "I'm a monster. I don't deserve this life." I said.

I slumped to the ground curled up and began crying. Rainbow saw that I didn't really meant to do anything. She then placed her hoof on me "Please. Just leave me alone Rainbow. Please" I said. Rainbow then flew away towards the sky. It began to rain.

As a few hours went on I was still crying trying to think away out of this. Then all of a sudden I looked up to see a rainbow above me. I then began to brush off my tears I knew what I had to do. I then ran towards the middle of the town ready to find my redemption.

I asked Rainbow to bring Fluttershy here. She nodded and was sent off to get her. I then contacted the gang and told them I need there help for a very special concert. They all agreed.

As Rainbow got to the house she saw Fluttershy in her room trying to recover from the pain she was dealt. "Hey Fluttershy there's uh... a special music perfomance in the town square wanna come?" Asked Rainbow. She shook her head.

Rainbow tried to think of somthing that could get her to the town. An idea popped in her head. "Well if you don't wanna come then I guess you'll miss the bunny parade somponies threw." Said Rainbow. Fluttershy then looked up with such surprise. She thought that this could be somthing that can help. She nodded gentley and flew off with Rainbow.

Fluttershy and Rainbow got to the center of town. Fluttershy was extremly confused "Where's the parade Rainbow? I don't see it." Asked Fluttershy. Then music began to play behind her. She then turned around to see me and the band playing some music.

[ Hollywood Girl - Drake Bell ]

"Hollywood girl"
"Is lost again"
"All of her hopes left her stranded'
"Seasoned dreams"
"Are just pretend"
"She can't stand it"

"Why'd it have to happen to me"
"Why'd it have to hurt so bad"

"Cause in this town"
"Can't find up but I found down"
"In the city life"
"Can't turn around"
"Can't give up I feel too proud'
"Under the city lights"

"She doesn't believe"
"In believing"
"Miracles have died in her mind"
"She knows the world"
"Is deceiving"
"Everything is wastin' her time"

"Why'd it have to happen to me"
"Why'd it have to hurt so bad"

"Cause in this town"
"Can't find up but I found down"
"In the city life"
"Can't turn around"
"Can't give up I feel too proud"
"Under the city lights"

"Get in line and hold your head high"
"Pretty face will help you get by"
"Step inside I'll make your tears dry"
"So put on your smile"

"Ha!"
"Cause in this town"
"Can't find up but I found down"
"In the city life"
"Can't turn around"
"I can't give up I feel too proud"
"Under the city lights".................


[ Lonely - Drake Bell ]

"Didn't know what this feelin' was'
"Til it stopped right behind me"
"Don't know if I call it love"
"But I'm not takin' it lightly"

"Cause I'm livin' in my own world"
"No one cares if I stay or go"
'Away from"
"Here in my own world"
"I don't have much to show"
"But one thing I know"

"Lonely"
"Has always been friends with me"
"And I don't know if I could give you what you need and"
"Lonely"
"Has always had time for me"
"But maybe your love"
"Is just what I need"

"Take away this pain"
"That I have created"
"Cause you helped me change"
"Cause I'm broken and faded"

"Cause I'm livin' in my own world"
"No one cares if I stay or go"
"Away from"
"Here in my own world"
"I don't have much to show"
"One thing I know"

"Lonely"
"Has always been friends with me"
"And I don't know if I could give you what you need and"
"Lonely"
"Has always had time for me"
"But maybe your love"
"Is just what I need"

"Try to fight try to stop try to hold back"
"Try to stay all alone 'cause I know that"
"Lovin' me"
"Ends tragically"

"Lonely"
"Has always been friends with me"
"And I don't know if I could give you what you need and"
"Lonely"
"Has always had time for me"
"But maybe your love"
"Is all that I need"
"All that I need"
"Is all that I need"

[ Fallen For You - Drake Bell ]

"The first time I saw you"
"I thought you were barefoot"
"Your hair was pulled back, your jelly shoes,"
"I was wondering if I should lie"
"About my age"

"Buddy Holly glasses on a Betty Page negative"
"You're looking so classic handpicked by some Hollywood executive"
"just like Norma Jean"

"I can't believe I've fallen for you"
"I can't believe I've fallen for you"
"way oh"
"way oh"
"way oh"

"the next time I saw you, you asked for a reason"
"I let my love come down"
"now you're spending all your time thinking how you're gonna get even"
"and I'm by myself"

"I can't believe I've fallen for you"
"I can't believe I've fallen for you"
"I can't believe I've fallen for you"
"I can't believe I've fallen for you"

"Good morning now"
"It's a good morning"

"The Hollywood ending it never came easy"
"the bride to be can plainly see and now she says she's ready to kill me"
"And I'm so afraid"

"I can't believe I've fallen for you"
"I can't believe I've fallen for you"
"I can't believe I've fallen for you"
"I can't believe I've fallen for you"......

[ Superhero Song - Drake Bell ]

"Darkness has found you"
"Evil surrounds you"
"No one to save you"
"We're almost out of time"

"What do you do with nothing can be done"
"Where do you go with nowhere left to run"

"Where is the one who"
"Stands up and tells you"
"I'm here to save you"
"We're almost out of time"

"Nobody knows just who he's tryin' to be"
"Behind this mask, his wings, his suit of green"
"Just in time to reach up for the sky"
"And fly away"
"Don't worry you're safe"

"In my arms cause it"
"Takes your love to lift me up"
"It's safe to say"
"You and I were always meant to be"
"So I will show you why"
"I'm here to stay"

"Don't they know that I'll protect you"
"Don't they know they'll have to get through me"
"Don't worry you're safe"


"Watch out behind you"
"This is designed to"
"Quickly remind you"
"We're almost out of time"

"Somebody tell me what he's trying to be"
"Behind this mask, his wings, his suit of green"
"Just in time to reach up for the sky"
"And fly away"
"Don't worry you're safe"
"In my arms cause it"

"Takes your love to lift me up"
"It's safe to say"
"You and I were always meant to be"
"So I will show you why"
"I'm here to stay"

"Don't you worry"
"I'm the one who lets them know that I'll protect you"
"Don't they know they'll have to get through me"
"Don't worry you're safe"
"In my arms"
"So believe"
"It's easy"

(Dragonfly dragonfly)
(He's a special kinda guy)
(Dragonfly dragonfly)
(Maybe you should sue him if he lets you die)
(Dragonfly dragonfly)
(Put a sign up in the sky)
(Dragonfly dragonfly)
(He's always available anytime)

"The man with the plan"
"All over the land"
"He does what he can"
"For he is the man"
"Look out it's the dragonfly".....

[ Our Love- Drake Bell ]

"She came from the old North state "
"Land of the long leaf pine "
"She believes something simple, to find a better life "
"She's gonna search for hers, I'm gonna beg for mine"

"waste no time, waste no time "

"Our love erases the scars and the lies "
"Our love will save us from terrible times"
"Our love is ready to change the world if we let it"

"Our love "
"Our love "
"Our love "
"Yeah! "

"She left her home for a while "
"To clear her mind from that place"
"I saw her leavin, chased her away "
"My heart was sleeping, hers wide awake"

"Waste no time, Waste no time "

"Our love erases the scars and the lies "
"Our love will save us from terrible times"
"Our love is ready to change the world if we let it"

"Our love "
"Our love "
"Our love "
"Yeah! "

"Heartbeat "
"can you feel my heartbeat? "
"can you feel my heartbeat, I can feel it"

"Heartbeat "
"Can you feel your heartbeat?"
"I can feel it "

"Our love erases the scars and the lies "
"Our love will save us from terrible times"
"Our love is ready to change the world if we let it"

"Our love will save us "
"Our love "
"Our love "
"Our love "
"Yeah!"

================================================================================

The music stopped. I then walked over to Fluttershy and hugged her. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry that I hurt you. *Sniffle* I didn't mean to. I was just very scared that you'll reject me that I panicked from it and made that bet." I said to her while hoping she would forgive me.

I was on ther verge on tears again. "I love you Fluttershy." I whispered to her. Then Fluttershy pulled away from the hug an said "Just shut up will you?" She then brought her nuzzle to me and well... we kissed.

Everpony were aweing at the scene we then broke out of the kiss and began to blush. We then walked back to the house. We sat on the couch and I was really hoping that there was no problem anymore.

"So.. Does this mean we're together?" I asked. Fluttershy turned to me smiled then nodded. "Ok then just uh.. making sure there isn't any problems right now." I replied while still trying my best to calm down and think.

Fluttershy then leaned over and rested her head on me. "*Sigh* Looks like this was just a new begining." I said while drifting off to sleep....................

================================================================================

[A/N Thank you all for supporting this story so far! This means a lot to me. Also I wanted to say thanks to: Ivellios, clearshot01, Longshot, Mr. AJ, dakingofmuffins, shadowblaze, and all my other friends on Youtube, Facebook, And Xbox live for helping me out with this chapter and your support too. /) ]

Also the final voted are shown right here! The rest of the votes came from xbox live, youtube, and facebook messages.

Fluttershy: 18

Rainbow Dash: 12

Twilight Sparkle: 4

Trixie:16
================================================================================