• Published 17th Feb 2017
  • 2,096 Views, 38 Comments

Dear Princess Celestia: Letters from a Murderer - Door Belle



Twilight Sparkle sends a series of letters to Princess Celestia after slaying a villain.

  • ...
7
 38
 2,096

Letters One and Two

Dear Princess Celestia,

I think that what I learned this week is, friendship isn't the answer to everything. Not everypony is ready to embrace it.

She wouldn't let me help her. I guess somepony should know that. The way she laughed when I offered her friendship, the look in her eye when she said that if I wouldn't fight her she'd just keep cutting and let "what's left of" me watch while she tore living ponies apart—I believed her. I believed her, and I tried to escape and stop her, and I ki I don't know my own strength.

There was so much blood. I haven't slept in a few days. I see it every time I close my eyes and I'm scared of what my dreams might be. I don't want to bother Princess Luna.

Please. I know you have a therapist. You've told me too many things that must have been horrible to deal with on your own, and I've been auditing the palace expenses in my spare time since I was eleven. I know we can't talk to the same pony, but if you could get me a referral to somepony or someone just as capable...

I don't mean my friends—I already have their support, even if there are things I don't think they should hear about what happened after I woke up alone.

Your faithful student,
Twilight Sparkle



Dear Princess Celestia,

I'm fine, thank you. I don't need more help. I just need to get to know Mrs. Smiles a little better—thank you for getting me that referral—so I can talk to her more easily and get this all sorted out. Between her, my friends, and I, everything is under control. I know things have been a little crazy and you have every cause for concern, but you don't need to worry about me. Not really.

I'll be fine.

Your faithful student,
Twilight Sparkle