• Published 17th Feb 2017
  • 2,094 Views, 38 Comments

Dear Princess Celestia: Letters from a Murderer - Door Belle



Twilight Sparkle sends a series of letters to Princess Celestia after slaying a villain.

  • ...
7
 38
 2,094

Letter Six

Dear Princess Celestia,

They let me out to attend one of the memorial ceremonies a few days ago, or as much of it as I could stand. They didn't remove the spell suppressing my magic. I understand I'm too fast and too powerful and a little bit too upset with myself to be trusted not to escape and hurt myself again, but having nothing but basic levitation and my innate sense for magic in public makes me feel so naked. If somepony were to ambush me again—it wasn't safe.

Anyway, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and my brother were the only other ponies to come, and even Rainbow was pretty quiet. I asked her if she was okay and Shining started crying, then Fluttershy started crying, and then we were all crying and clinging to each other over the grave of somepony who hurt all of us. Putting it that way feels pretty silly, but despite everything that happened, it still felt like I was helping to bury a chunk of my heart. Besides that, I spent half the time just imagining all the things I could have done better and how I'd still have friends and family if I had done just one of nearly thirty things differently.

I should have stayed at the hospital.

It's funny, except not funny at all, that I can write so much when I'm barely able to muster a few syllables a day out loud now. I guess that's just one of the weird parts of being me.

Thank you for all the paperwork, by the way. It's really nice filling my head with numbers and analysis again, and it's good to know I can still do some good for Equestria.

Your faithful student,
Twilight Sparkle