• Published 2nd Apr 2017
  • 250 Views, 0 Comments

Eveningray-Who is that foxy? - ChevalNoir



In a far land of ice and snow a straying unicorn filly becomes an apprentice of a mighty unicorn mare. One day she alone has to save the whole kingdom

  • ...
 0
 250

Brook's Test

It took the Princess almost all night to get to Misty Valley. She couldn't see very far in a fog spreading all around. As the day broke, she beheld a dark silhouette of a stone arch contrasting with the mist glowing in the morning sunlight. Brook went through it, and in a second was in a desert. There was nothing there, but the sand and an old dried tree. The mare looked back but the arch was gone.

'Well, Blizzard, you have never taught me your runes, but I saw you doing this,' Brook thought, and wrote a magic sign into the sand. It changed its shape to an arrow pointing at a spot next to the tree. The Princess stepped there, and appeared in a beautiful garden. A smell of apples spread through the air. Thirsty Brook drank a sweet apple cider. What she didn't notice was a sign covered by leaves, saying, 'OBLIVION FOUNTAIN'. She took a walk around, ate apples and carrots, and slept in a soft grass.

On the second day when the sun was going down, its crimson shine lit the garden.

'A beautiful evening is coming,' the pony lady thought, 'Evening-- Eve and that carmine color, it is reminding me something important, someone I used to know! Oh, I am so thirsty that I can't even think straight!'

Brook drank the cider and said, "evening is coming; it's supper time."

The next morning she woke up surrounded by apple cores. As she was lying in the grass watching clouds in the sky, the Princess found, she had a bracelet on her left front leg. She read a dedication on it, 'From Blizzard to her apprentice Spring Brook.' "What is Blizzard, and who is Spring Brook?" She wondered. Then she noticed a strange sign on it. The mare touched it with her right hoof. A diamond in the middle of the bracelet shone a beam of light into her eyes.

"Oh, no! I must get the ring, and I have lost so much time here!"

The mare came to the only thing that didn't fit in there, a white obelisk. She touched it, and was transmitted to an old castle.

There was a writing on the wall, 'Once you cross this line, do not stop, or you will not survive!'

She was cautiously walking through a corridor so narrow that she couldn't even spread her wings. A rumbling sounded. The floor behind her began to tumble down into a deep abyss. The Princess went faster, but then she saw a giant reptile with its mouth opened wide ahead.

"If I stop, I'll fall. If I carry on walking, I'll end up in the monster's stomach!" Still walking to the reptile, she aimed her horn at it and shot. It had no effect. The monster was still there.

"How come?!" Then she remembered the words written in the book, 'don't believe your eyes.' Brook neighed, and galloped right into the mouth of the monster. It roared and disappeared.

Now she was standing in an oval room. There were magic artifacts all around. "Wow, a diamond sword! And this talisman gives wings to unicorns and earth ponies; we could fly along with Eve. Here it is, the moldavite horn ring." She grabbed it. On the way out she thought to herself, 'Should I take even the talisman?'

The Princess couldn't see movable tiles under the other artifacts releasing trapdoors in the floor.

'Well, when will I have such opportunity again?'

She reached out for the talisman. Her hoof almost touched it. A mouse passing by turned over a silver cup. The trapdoor opened on the opposite side of the room.

"Oh, what a fool I am! This cursed place is full of traps!" Brook walked through another stone arch, and appeared back in Misty Valley.