• Published 2nd Apr 2017
  • 250 Views, 0 Comments

Eveningray-Who is that foxy? - ChevalNoir



In a far land of ice and snow a straying unicorn filly becomes an apprentice of a mighty unicorn mare. One day she alone has to save the whole kingdom

  • ...
 0
 250

The princess

Every day, Blizzard and Spring Brook went somewhere outdoors while Eveningray had to stay and practice at home. She honestly did. Until the day that she gave in to her curiosity, and inconspicuously followed the two. Eveningray was so focused on being unseen by the two that she didn't notice a stone under her hoof. She stumbled on a narrow path, fell downhill on a river shore and fainted.

Brook turned around and saw her lying down there. "EVE!"

"GO!" Blizzard called out.

Brook galloped directly to the edge of a cliff, jumped down, in the air took off her cloak and spread her wings. Eveningray was slowly slipping on a mud to the fierce river. Brook grabbed her just at the last moment, and carried to a safe place, but drenched Eveningray was freezing. Brook immediately used her magic to warm her up. In a minute Blizzard arrived at a gallop to take her home. They put her next to the fireplace.

"No matter how hard I am trying to keep her warm, she is still getting colder!" Desperate Brook said.

"Let her sleep now. I'll make a hot soup for her."

In the evening, Brook was crying on the floor of her room.

"Don't cry, Brook. It will be all right, whatever it is," a mare stroked her head.

"What?!" Brook turned back, and saw Eveningray standing there. "Blizzard, your soup has worked!"

"I haven't prepared it yet," Blizzard said and entered the room. "Are you all right, Eveningray?" She asked.

"I feel so fresh!"

"Your scratches and bruises are all gone! I've never seen anything like this!" The mistress wondered.

"But I saw wings of Brook. What, who is she?"

"Well, here we go," Blizzard sighed, "Brook is an alicorn. Her true name is Princess Polar Sky, the rightful heiress of the throne. And she is not my daughter, but an apprentice like you. We have to hide ourselves from guards controlled by a usurper Lord Malevolent. Now swear that you won't speak about us with anyone!"

"I swear."

"You know, Eve, we go practicing my flying to Blue Pass, so that no one can see us," Brook explained.