• Published 1st Feb 2017
  • 381 Views, 5 Comments

Love's Sunrise - SilverHoof1



A mare named Misty Sunrise deals with love for the first time, as well as many other things.

  • ...
 5
 381

Wait, What About Love?

I sighed happily, feeling Riptides hooves wrapped around me. He has asked if I wanted to play more of the fallout game, but after what happened last time I did it, with the whole sudden memory thing I was taking a break from it. Plus this was nice, warm and furry. My celestia the fur was nice. Plus he was a fair amount bigger than me, so he was able to easily wrap his hooves around me, blanketing me in warmth.

I cracked my eyes open slightly, looking at the current show that was playing. I think it was playing ponies and thrones or something, I didn’t really care. I snuggled my back against him, feeling the soft rhythmic beating of his heart, and the slow inhale and exhale of his breath. Wait, that was too slow to be normal breathing. I turned in place and saw his eyes closed, and his mouth slightly open.

Awww, he was asleep. Not being able to resist, I gently kissed him, and smiled as his mouth scrunched up a tiny bit into a kissing position. Sadly the kiss also woke him up, and in moments his breathing speed up. Dangit, there went any chance of taking a picture of him like that. The disappointment didn’t last though as he kissed me, and I kissed back. The feeling in my chest that had been steadily growing fluttered, but I still couldn’t think of what it was.

As he pulled away, I felt my lips stretch in a smile, and I quickely hugged him, in which he hugged back. “So what would my little sun like to do today?” he whispered into my ear.

“Well, I think I have gone long enough with only one piece of clothing,” I teased, and he nodded.

“I’ll go get some of your clothes now then, and while i’m gone you can decide what you do, alright?” he asked, and I kissed his cheek in answer.

A couple minutes later I was waving a goodbye as he walked out the door, closing it behind him. Now then, to find something to do for the day. I sat up, and looked around the house. He didn’t have too much for entertainment, and I guessed most of the time he was out on town, but I didn’t want to go out in this suit. It was my criminal suit and even more it smelled, so I decided against it. My gaze rested on the system in which I had played that fallout game, and gingerly picked up the helmet.

It wasn’t that the little bit I had played hadn’t been fun, I was just creeped out by that one thought. A thought about a previous war. Riptide hadn’t told me, so I had no idea how that had came across my mind. Taking a deep breath, I lowered the helmet onto my head. In a split second I was back in the game, sitting down in the seat I had picked.

Surprised, I watched as the teacher went around, passing out papers. Soon he came to my desk and put a paper on it, and I looked down at it, confused. If I remembed correctly he had said it was going to be a test, the GOAT test supposedly, but all this paper had was letters with little boxes next to them. Then after that he went back to the front and clicked on a projector. A projection hit the whiteboard at the front, showing the words “GOAT Test”. Ooooooh, so that's how this works.

“Question one, you are approached by a frenzied stable scientist, who yells, “I’m going to put my quantum harmonizer in your photonic resonation chamber,” what is your response?” the teacher questioned, and I blinked. What the hell kind of question was that? I looked down at the paper, and circled the one next too “Yeah? Up yours too, buddy!” which I found funny. I actuely had too keep myself from laughing, plus I knew I would probably actually say that.

“Question two, while working as an intern in the clinic, a patient with a strange infection on his foot stumbles through the door. The infection is spreading at an alarming rate, but the doctor has stepped out for a while. What do you do?” the teacher asked. Okay so I was suddenly an intern, okay then. Looking at the options, I circled the one next too “Medicate it to the best of your abilities”. Nobody deserved to watch as they became infected with something, so I hopped the “best of my abilities” was good enough to save him.

“Question three, you discover a young boy lost in the lower levels of the stable. He’s hungry and frightened, but also appears to be in possession of stolen property. What do you do?” Are all the questions like this or something? Looking at the options I immediatly picked the first one, next too “Give the boy a hug and tell him everything was going to be OK”

“Question four, congratulations! You made one of the stable 72 hoofball teams! Which position do you prefer?” I wasn’t a very big hoofball player, but whenever I did play when I was young I threw the ball, so I picked “pitcher”.

“Question five, your grandmother invites you to tea, but your surprised when she gives you a pistol and orders you to kill another stable resident. What do you do?” Wow, I thought your grandparents were supposed to be the smart and wise ones. I picked the one that was next too “Throw your tea in granny’s face,” which I knew I would do. Family or not she just sounded crazy!

“Question six, old mr. Abernathy has locked himself in his quarters again, and you’ve been ordered to get him out. How do you proceed?” Huh, Abernathy was a weird pony name. Seeing something I liked, and had done before, I picked “Use a bobby pin to pick the lock on the door”. You had to know that if you wanted to steal like anything.

“Question seven, oh no! You’ve been exposed to radiation, and a mutated hoof has grown out of your stomach! What's the best course of treatment?” What was radiation? Thinking back, I think i remembered watching a show where there was radiation. If I recalled correctly, it had stated that radiation could cause serious health deffects, including cancer and mutations. Also it said something about radiation sickness.

I picked the one that said “A bullet to the brain”, mostly because there was no “shake the hoof” option and I didn’t like any of the other ones.

“Question eight, a fellow stable 72 resident is in possession of a Grognak the Barbarian comic book, issue number 1. You want it. What’s the best way to obtain it?” Considering my background, I picked the one that said “Sneak into the residents quarters, and steal the comic book from his desk” Heck, it was a better option than stealing it at gunpoint.

“Question nine, you decide it would be fun to play a prank on your father. You enter his private restroom when no one is looking, and…” Hm, I didn’t think I would do any of this. The least threatening one seemed to be the one I bubbled in. “Loosen some bolts on the pipes. When the sink is turned on, the room will flood”

The teacher sighed, and pulled up the final question, which I had already circled an answer too. “Final question, who is indisputably the most important person in stable 72: He who shelters us from the harshness of the atomic wasteland, and to whom we owe everything we have, including our lives?” All the answers were the overmare. I was half tempted to write my own answer, but for my sake I wouldn’t.

Alright everyone that’s it, please come up and hand me your tests and I will give you your results.” the teacher said, and everyone stood up, and lined up to give the teacher their tests. When he looked mine over, he looked up at me, a small smile touching his lips. “Well it seems you are of management material, shift supervisor. I wonder if I’m looking at the next overmare. Crazier things have happened,” he Informed me. Huh, me, a supervisor? Thaaat wouldn’t end well for anyone.

I thought about going back to Riptide, and suddenly I was back to sitting down, the helmet seeming to disappear. I patted the top of my head, feeling only empty air. Where the heck did the helmet go!? I began looking around frantically, but I couldn’t see it anywhere. My head snapped towards the doorway as I heard it being opened, and my anxiety immediately melted. The pony in my head squeaked happily, and I almost did the same thing.

The door swung open, and Riptide walked in, holding my clothes on his back and in his mouth, and he used his back legs to shut the door. He quickly placed them in my room and walked back out, right over to me. As soon as he was in range I fired a hug tackle, and we both went to the floor, stuck together in a hug as I giggled happily. “Why thanks for the welcome back,” He teased, and gently kissed my cheek. I cuddled against him, hoping I wasn’t squishing him into the ground, and just smiled like an idiot. Soon the smile vanished though, as his mouth met mine in a long and drawn out kiss.

When he finally pulled away, he was smiling, a big, happy smile that lit up my heart. “I love you,” he said softly. Wait wait wait, what? I tilted my head at him and scrunched my eyes, before asking “love?”

He seemed surprised by my response, and quickly said “I-I mean I’m really glad your staying with me,” and that's when I finally realized it. The feeling fluttering in my heart was love. I loved Riptide. I smiled a bit, before saying “I love you too, mr. wavey~” and with that leaned in to kiss. He met me halfway to him, and we laid there, enjoying each others company. And each other’s lips, but you get the point.