• Published 1st Feb 2017
  • 381 Views, 5 Comments

Love's Sunrise - SilverHoof1



A mare named Misty Sunrise deals with love for the first time, as well as many other things.

  • ...
 5
 381

A Twinge Of Jealousy

Sleep began to slowly slip away from me, and as it did I began to wake up, yawning and stretching my hoofs out. As my mind woke up with me, the pony in my head charted down 1 day without a nightmare, which was weird. Most nights I woke up in a cold sweat, having a nightmare of being caught by the cops or a hero pummeling me into a pulp. Today though I had woken up fine, no dreams being better then nightmares.

I opened my eyes, immediatly closing them again from the light. Opening them again, more slowly this time, I looked around, feeling the body of the kitten against my chest, still sound asleep as I checked my surroundings. Fear clouded my mind as my eyes took in the unfamiliar walls, before a breeze of memmory washed by to remind me I was in Riptide’s house. Sitting up, the kitten squeaking in protest as it woke up do to my movement.

I looked down at the kitten and smiled, using a hoof to scoop it up and hold it too my chest, scooting out of bed with my other three unoccupied hoofs. Standing up wobbily, I began to make my way out to the kitchen, looking down at my hoofs too make sure I wouldn’t trip. Unlike my house, Riptide’s was clean, and I had no trouble getting to the kitchen table where I layed the kitten down, it blinking up at me drowsily.

“I want you to stay here for a second, alright kitten? “ I told it, petting it along its little spine for emphasis. It purred in response, and I turned and headed towards Riptide’s room, wanting to check if he was awake. Quickly making my way to his door, I put my ear against it, listening in for a second. Inside I heard the soft, rhythmic breathing of a pony in sleep, and I smiled. What does his room look like? Wait, no no that would be a bad idea, I might wake him up. To that the pony in my head argued he would wake up anyway if I did, and I gave in to my curiosity and slowly opened his door, hoping it wouldn’t squeak.

As his door opened, I heard a radio playing in the corner, currently on “crawl out through the fallout”. Oh, so he was into those kinds of songs aye? As if to prove my point, the current song finished and began playing “atom bomb baby”, which randomly made me blush. Okay, if I needed any more proof that it was the kitten’s fault that was the final nail in the coffin.

Speaking of that kitten seemed to summon it, and the kitten came charging down the hall at the quiet sound of the door opening, charging into Riptides room like a tiny bull, jumping up onto the bed and directly onto his stomach. This action caused a not so subtle “oomph” to escape from his mouth. Well, trust a recently awakened kitten to be the one spreading its energy to all. I giggled as Riptide slowly sat up, looking at the kitten acussingly with drowsy eyes and slurred through his sleep “I didn’t order a kitten bomb, sorry,”

“Well the mailmare decided to give you a free package,” I said teasingly, and at the sound of my voice he seemed to suddenly become more awake.

“Oh, well then can you keep this free package from jumping on my stomach? I would like it not to come out through my mouth,” he teased, and the kitten pawed at his muzzle as I giggled.

A couple minutes later we were both out of bed and sitting at the dining table, the kitten following behind and pawing at our back hoofs as we walked. Of course neither of us minded, especialy once when the kitten missed my back hoof and tumbled onto its back, sneezing and looking up at us upside down, making us both laugh. “So, what are you craving for breakfast?” he asked, getting out some raw fish and putting it into the cats food bowl, much to its joy.

“Well, to that I have to ask what are the options?” I responded, tilting my head to the side.

“We got pancakes, sau -”

“I would enjoy having some pancakes,” I cut in, not wanting him to complete that word. Plus, who doesn’t love a pancake breakfast now and then? He nodded, and turned around back to the fridge to get the supplies to make some.

“Want any blueberries in it?” He turned his head and asked, and I considered, my attention being dragged to his blue eyes unintentionally. That same weird feeling went through my body, and I smiled, knowing just what to say to fan the flame of that feeling, whatever it was. After a night to let my head rest, I noticed it was some form of… wanting… but I didn’t know what I would want from this stallion yet. “Sure, I’ll take some blueberries, even though none of them are as blue as your sparkling eyes~” I purred, making him blush. The little pony in my head did a happy dance, both happy about its success and the fact he was looking adorable again.

“W-well thank you for the compliment, and alright,” he stuttered, and turned back around so I couldn’t see his face anymore. After a couple minutes of petting the now stuffed kitten, he began to put everything on the pan and start making the pancakes, in which I made a small “whoop” noise from my place, making him chuckle. I smiled, but that smile quickly vanished as the doorbell to his house sounded, surprising me.

“Had you expected too see anyone today?” I whispered, and he shook his head, walking to the door and peeked out to see who it was. He let out a sigh of what i recognized as relief, just before opening the door. Standing outside it was an aqua colored unicorn with blue eyes, her mane covering one of her eyes and flowing over one shoulder, a friendly smile on her face. She smiled at Riptide, and I wondered who she was, a strange twinge feeling plucking at my heart at the way she smiled at him. As she noticed me, her smile widened and a sly eyebrow raised up “Why hello, who are you?” she said slyly, making me slightly uncomfortable, as if I was apart of some plot.

“I’m Misty Sunrise,” I said, looking away from her uncomfortably. I could feel her gave leave me and switch back to Riptide.

“Why do you have a pretty mare seeming to be currently living in your house Riptide~” she said, and although the compliment was nice the same twinge plucked at my heart, as Riptide stuttered to respond. “U-uhm, she is just staying over for a while, i’m currently helping her take care of a stray kitten she found,” he said, and I could tell a blush was on his cheeks. As if on que, Cloud jumped onto the dining table and mewed at the newcomer.

She smiled at cloud, and responded “aww, well isn’t that sweet of you, although i have the feeling something is builiding between you two,” and with that she winked at both me and Riptide, making the both of us blush. Feeling suddenly mischievous, I leaned over to Cloud and said in a silky voice, “I think our guest would like a big hug, why don’t you go supply her one~” which cloud seemed to have no problems doing, which he showed by suddenly springing off of the table and onto her neck, wrapping his paws around it as she shrieked in surprise. As a satisfied smile spread across my lips, and Riptide shot me a look. I returned it innocently, but winked with my right eye, making him smile mischievously. I mouthed while the pony was still shrieking “I have no idea why Cloud did that Riptide, it “wasn’t” me~”, which he returned with an eyeroll.

She finally finished freaking out, and gently pulled Cloud off her neck. He looked up at her innocently, his tongue sticking out of his mouth just slightly. Man, he was good at pulling off the “i’m too cute to be mad at “ look. After a sigh, she put Cloud back on the dinning table, and nudged Riptide with her side “Mind introducing me to her?” she teased, and he cleared his throat in turn. “Misty this is Tsunami, my sister,” he said, and any of those twinges I had washed away, like the morning tide pulling away. I smiled, and held out my hoof which she took and shook.

She shook a lot harder than I thought, and my arm continued to shake even after she was done, and I had to stop it with my other hoof. “As much as I would like to stick around for a while, Riptide you need to flip your pancakes,” she said, before walking out the door while Riptide looked at the pancakes, which was at the perfect amount and he flipped it to get the other side as well. I relaxed in my chair a bit, and Cloud crawled onto my lap under the table, purring softly. I looked down at it and smiled, and I began to gently pet it along its spine, its purring increasing.

After a couple minutes Riptide finished the pancakes and brought them to the table, placing them in front of us as he took a seat beside me. I noticed the lack of utensils, and went back over to grab some forks and knifes. I gave him a fork and knife as well as too myself, and soon we began to eat, devouring the breakfast he had made for us. Smiling a bit, I scooted myself closer to him till our arms touched, making him blush. We continued to eat, now side by side, until both of our plates were completely clean of food.

I let out a contented sigh, and leaned against the back of my chair, before releasing how bad an idea that was. As my full weight shifted to the back of the chair, the front feet lifted off the ground, and the world seemed to slow as I fell backwards for the second time this week. I braced myself and closed my eyes, but instead of feeling the hard ground I felt something wrap around my back quickly, stopping my fall.

I slowly opened my eyes to find that Riptide had leaned out of his chair and stopped my fall, his hoof wrapped around me. He pulled me too him, the accidental force making me lurch up and onto his lap, my chest pressed against his and my legs sprawled out behind me, our muzzles touching. He blushed, and i’m pretty sure I did as well but I couldn’t help but stare into his eyes, and he stared into mine. I wrapped my hoofs around him, and pulled myself onto his lap, now straddling him.

I smiled down at him, and he smiled back. About then was when Cloud decided to join the party and jump onto my head, the unexpected weight making my head drop towards Riptides and make our lips meet. I blushed in surprise, like he did just as I heard a camera click. Pulling away from him, much to the disappointment of the pony in my head, I looked to where I had heard the camera.

Tsunami, lurking just outside the window smiling, and ran away with a camera clutched in her magic. Oooooohhh, she was so dead the next time I met her. I looked back at Riptide, blushing even more. “Sorry,” we both said quickly at the same time, and we both blushed more.

“Its okay, although sorry i kinda straddled you there,” I said, rubbing the back of my head and sticking my tongue out slightly.

“You still are,” he said under me, giggling as I quickly hopped off him.

“Oh by the way, permission to kill your sister and destroy that picture the next time I see her?”

“Permission granted” he nodded, and I smiled.

“Why thank you~”