• Published 7th Feb 2017
  • 358 Views, 6 Comments

Creator Hatch - Josh Crapo



Queens Light and Chrysalis join forces, both having new rounds of eggs. One from each hive. however. complicate their plans as the two grubs have actively made a plan to turn Equestria into their own hive.

  • ...
 6
 358

S1E3a Costume-Hinder Night

Gac and I come back to Our Town, keeping an eye out for Party Favor.

“Hello, Catcher.”

Rahit Duru! Speak of Cadence. I turn around to face Party Favor.

“Hello, Party Favor. Look, I don’t see what’s going on that you’re seeing. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but lighten up. Your name is Party Favor. That’s a particularly positive name for somepony who’s overly skeptical about me.”

“Catcher, we need to talk. I have a bit of a hunch. Perhaps we could discuss this hunch in the bakery basement.”

“Whatever it takes to convince you you have nothing to fear. Is Brown needed as well?”

“Yes.”

“Alright... I don’t see how he would help matters. But you probably know what you’re doing.”

“Of course I know what I’m doing. See you in the basement, just you, me and Brown.”

Party Favor... why?!? Why do you do this to me? It’s like you’re trying to make me crazy.

-=-

So, when I come to the basement, I see Party Favor approach me.

“Good thing you could make it. I’m going to the Canterlot Archives to find a very cool stone that I think you should see.”

“Okay. See you when you get back. So, what does this stone do? Reveal a secret about me?”

“Wait. You know? How?!?”

“You’ve been uneasy about me. Diamond Tiara was interrogated because she became associated with me.”

“I interrogated ‘Diamond Tiara’ because she could never have snuck up behind me so quickly if she was headed to the caves with Brown.”

“Give her a break. Diamond Tiara just wanted to keep from getting replaced, so she went to Rainbow Falls to live a safe life. I don’t blame her, and she won’t be likely to visit this place after the talk with her you had.”

“Eh. That would make sense. But how do you know about Diamond Tiara’s interrogation?”

“I said it earlier; Diamond Tiara’s associated with me now. She knows me, and she’s told me everything about it. She’s fully aware you’re suspicious about me, so she filled me in on the missing information. Fortunately, I’m open for any questions or concerns you have.”

“And I have one before going to Canterlot. Where were you while I talked with Diamond Tiara?”

“I went to the outskirts of Rainbow Falls on the other side of the mountain to find a way to get to Our Town without using the mountain.”

“Well, perhaps when I get back, you can show me where this alternate path to Rainbow Falls is.”

-=-

In my disguise, I wait, at the edge of Our Town as the sun sets, for Party Favor. As the time drags on, I begin feeling droopy. Sunset, civil, nautical, astronomical, Party Favor never comes. Suddenly, I feel a tap on the shoulder. Turning around, I see none other than the subject I’ve been waiting for.

“Huh? Oh. Party Favor, it’s you.”

“Yup.”

“Why would you come at this time? It’s past my resting time. I knew it took awhile to get here, but this long?”

“Look at it this way though. I got the stone I was talking about. Earlier today.”

“Okay. I can try it on.”

“It’s the same color as the road from Wonderbolt Academy.”

“Road colored?”

That can’t be good.

“Yes.”

“You think this would fit me well?!?”

“Yes.”

“No, you lie! YOU LIE!!! I can’t go around looking like a BEE!!! I’ll look horrible!”

“Oh, you won’t look like a bee. Trust me.”

So, as it turns out, the stone is put into a necklace as Party Favor puts it around me. The result of a white that I experience. I briefly lose my vision. Recovering is like getting kicked in the torso after losing wings, discovering that I lost my disguise to wearing the necklace. Party Favor gasps.

“YOU!!!”

“Talk like an upright bobcat all you want! But I have a special place I can put you in for turning me into a changeling! Before you do though, I’ve always wondered what using magic could do.”

So, using my horn, I turn Party Favor unconscious as he faints in front of my hooves, facing behind me. Levitating Party Favor, I head to the caves to get to Gac.

“Gac! Put Party Favor into a cocoon and take this cursed necklace off of me! If we don’t hurry, I can’t disguise myself anymore! Or even worse. Party Favor might wake up!”

Gac proceeds to levitate the necklace off of me, changing me back into Catcher. Then, he levitates the slumbering Party Favor and swiftly circles the unconscious pony. Finally, the cocoon starts forming from the middle and touches the ceiling as it wraps around Party Favor. The final result is a second cocoon. Now, what would Party Favor do now that he’d revealed what I truly am and I didn’t do anything about it? If I did such a thing, I would only mention it if I was explicitly asked what happened. But in the meantime, I would definitely feel lifted out of weight. So, that’s the expression I should show if I pose as Party Favor.

“Gac, I have a plan. I have to pose as Party Favor and act like I accomplished an age spell. Wait here for the day tomorrow, okay?”

Gac nods.