• Published 7th Feb 2017
  • 359 Views, 6 Comments

Creator Hatch - Josh Crapo



Queens Light and Chrysalis join forces, both having new rounds of eggs. One from each hive. however. complicate their plans as the two grubs have actively made a plan to turn Equestria into their own hive.

  • ...
 6
 359

S1E8a Creation of the Idiot Friend Ship

Today, I have requested my grubs to begin building the actual hive at Our Town now that the formation of the hive population is practically complete. Meanwhile, I decide to walk with Party Favor through the cave.

“So, Hatch...”

“Yeah, Party Favor?”

“Do you know of any other towns that were abandoned while I was cocooned?”

“Heh. I may’ve told the ponies of Rainbow Falls that Gac was being chased down south by the ponies of Our Town.”

“Funny you should say that. I’m going there for the next Traders’ Exchange. So, have the ponies been gone long?”

“No. They left the other day. I doubt they’ll be back by the end of next week, but they could come back. Certainly not in time for the event that you’re going to though.”

“So, no Traders’ Exchange?”

“Nope.”

“Aw, Favor senses!”

“Wait. What was that? I know your name is Party Favor, so did you swear upon yourself?”

Party Favor nods.

“Heh. At least that’s better than whatever I say, which all translate to something... unkind. Although I’d say one of them is rather justified if I do say its translation.”

“What? Do you swear upon the queen of your old hive?”

“Eh, it bounces between that and changeling race as a... hole.”

In response, Party Favor starts laughing harder and harder.

“Wow, Hatch! I guess I never got to truly know you... and this is the new you?!? Why weren’t you like this in the first place?”

“I guess deep down, although I didn’t consciously know it, hiding my initial intentions was a good thing.”

“So, about the whole interrogation with Diamond Tiara... was that you?”

“Mhm.”

“Wow. Now that I think about it... everything you said as her... comparing that with what Diamond Tiara said at and after the revelation, stating those events... it matches up so tightly.”

“I know. I have regrets about having Gac cocoon her. I have my bets that that would’ve been the thing she feared the most. I guess the reason for your perception of my accuracy of Diamond Tiara was because I personally know her, back then and now.”

“So, do you remember Starlight Glimmer?”

“Hmm. I remember you mentioning Starlight... is Glimmer the rest of this pony’s name?”

“Yes.”

“Was she the one who stole an entire town’s cutie marks? I remember you saying that she was around for a little while before you and the others chased her out of town. Wait a minute. Could the whole cutie mark stealing... thing... be the reason she was chased out?”

“That’s exactly why... had Twilight and her friends not come here, I would still have that pesky equality cutie mark to this day.”

“Equality cutie mark? What’s that like? Is it like an equal sign?”

“Well, yes. So, tell me about this whole ponies run Gac out of town thing.”

“Oh. Okay. So, when we cocooned the eight fillies and colts, the town got up and legs about it. I tried to assure them that I’d ‘find the mastermind’ behind the replaced fillies and colts, but the ponies seemed to be impatient about what I told them I’d be doing. The second I met the whole town, they ended up practically saying ‘scratch it’ and taking Gac away. Me and my grubs went down the same route the ponies of Our Town took him down. Luckily, he managed to quickly hollow out a mountain before we found him. So, to this day, the ponies are still searching south, and so are the ponies of Rainbow Falls.”

“Wow. Those ponies have to be careful now. You said all of Ponyville got replaced.”

“Yes. I actually have the guess that most of known Equestria has been replaced. Both Queen Light and Queen Chrysalis had egg rounds rather recently, and considering they’re both about ten times my size, there may’ve been up to a thousand new grubs.”

“Well, how long do you live?”

“Seventy seven years is our life expectancy. The oldest changeling lived to be a hundred and ninety six.”

“Then most likely, Light and Chrysalis may’ve come too short to replace at least one town.. How many changelings would the entirety of the two hives make up?”

“That would be about a hundred and thirty thousand changelings altogether.”

“Well, then there would be enough ponies left to make a decent sized city. Ooh, I think I see Rainbow Falls over there.”

-=-

“Sunlight! Sweet sunlight! No offense on your glowing eyes that guided me through the cave though.”

“None taken Party Favor.”

“Come on, let’s see who’s left in this water noisy town.”

“You got that right.”

Party Favor and his unfamiliarly, distortedly voiced and seeming friend finally come into view. Upon that view, I instantly recognize the species. The kind of Party Favor’s apparent friend has been everywhere in Equestria. But I guess Our Town was established after the failed invasion of Canterlot that was spread all over the nation.

Darn it! I guess the voice alone didn’t give it away to me. Oh well. I guess it’s good to see a real pony for once. The two seem to be having fun.

“Ooh boy, it sure doesn’t seem so good to be back to the location of my demise. I guess it will have to do. Our Town will finally be mine once again. After a while of these changelings... I see a refreshment of my kind. Too bad I have to enact Plan B.”