• Published 5th Mar 2017
  • 603 Views, 9 Comments

A Turbulent Change - StormLuna



After over 4,000 years of ruling Equestria, Supreme Commander Colgate has decided to step down and allow Scootaloo, her second in command, to take over. Not long after learning this, Scootaloo begins envisioning Equestria in a different light.

  • ...
5
 9
 603

A Disturbing Discovery

Trouble Getting to Sleep

Night had arrived in Ponyville and everypony had settled in to sleep. Colgate's guests were staying in the VIP bedroom and they were having trouble getting to sleep. They weren't sure if it was because they were in a completely different world but one knew exactly why she couldn't get to sleep, Scoots.

It was just yesterday that she had heard Colgate's second in command mumbling things in a tone of voice that she did not trust. She was tossing and turning more than the others and this prompted Rainbow to ask, "Scootaloo darling, why are you tossing and turning so much?"

While Scoots knew that none of her friends exactly trusted Colgate's commander, she distrusted her the most and had plans for that night. She replied, "I just can't sleep. I don't trust Scootaloo and I have a really bad feeling about what might happen when she takes over."

Cheerilee chimed in, "You too? I just get this bad feeling from her."

Pinkie added, "Yeah, she gets so mad so quickly. What if she was to get mad at one of the other leaders and start a war or something?"

Rainbow replied, "Darling, remember how Colgate said that if Scootaloo did that that she would resume control, deescalate things and then find someone else who would be more fit to rule?"

Scoots replied, "Yeah, I do. Personally I wish she'd promote Dark Night instead because he is nice, has a level head on his shoulders and probably wouldn't start a war."

Cheerilee yawned, "That would be nice but I think we should get some sleep. I'm sure they'll get back tomorrow and we want to be alert for it."

The other three nodded and they tried to get to sleep. While three of them were able to clear their minds, Scoots simply couldn't. She kept on hearing Scootaloo's mumbling in her head and something kept telling her that despite her not knowing her way around the tower, that she would have to find her way to Scootaloo's chambers and find out what is really going on with her.


Scootaloo's Discovery

Scoots laid there patiently waiting for her friends to fall asleep. Once she heard all three of them snoring, she quietly got out of bed. She knew she had to be quiet given that Rainbow tended to be a lighter sleeper. After a couple of minutes of quietly creeping out of the VIP bedroom, Scoots was able to walk at a somewhat more normal pace in the hall, well as normal as she could given there was almost no light for her to see at all.

As she headed further down the hall she saw light coming from under one of the doors, that of Dark Night. She thought to herself, "Great, just great. I can't do anything until I know he is asleep."

She stood outside his door and after a few minutes he turned his light off. Scoots knew though that she simply couldn't go into Scootaloo's room just yet, she would have to wait for him to go to sleep. Luckily for her, she heard him snoring just minutes after him turning his light off. Once she knew he was asleep, she crept into Scootaloo's room and pulled the door shut behind her. While it was hard to see in there, a bit of light coming in the window, enough light to reveal that Scootaloo had a small desk lamp.

"Jackpot!" thought Scoots. She turned the light on and began to look on her desk. The very first thing she saw was a map of the world that she had forgot to put in her drawer. It had her cutie mark drawn over every single country. Scoots saw this and thought, "I knew it! I knew she was up to something."

She knew though that a mere map was probably not all she had in there. She saw the drawer to her right and pulled it open. What she would see would not only shock her, but terrify her. She saw the picture of Twilight, a much larger picture than she saw in the history books. She thought, "So this is the dark goddess in all her glory. She really did look evil."

She continued to look through the drawer and found the paper that Scootaloo had written her plans down on. As she read it she was shocked and scared but soon another emotion ran through her. When she saw that Scootaloo wanted to brainwash her and her friends and keep them there, she began to become angry. When she read that Scootaloo wanted to not only enslave her world, but their world as well, a look of determination developed on her face. She mumbled to herself, "So you think you're going to enslave two worlds do you? You may think that we are weak Scootaloo but mark my words, I will make sure that you do not enslave anyone!"

While Scoots knew that she simply couldn't wake Dark Night and show him all of Scootaloo's plans nor could she simply deliver them to Colgate when she got home but then something crossed her mind. She realized that the fanfare around Colgate stepping down and Scootaloo will be huge, huge enough that she could sneak out of the ceremony and do what it took to stop her likeness's promotion.

Once she finished looking at Scootaloo's plans she put what she found back in the drawer and put the map back exactly as she had found it. She turned the desk lamp off and slowly walked back towards the VIP bedroom. When she got there she only heard two snores, not three. As she laid down she heard a voice ask, "Scootaloo darling, where were you?"

Scoots knew that she couldn't just flat out tell her what she had been up to so she lied, "Well I was in the bathroom."

Rainbow knew it was a lie, "For two hours?" She sighed, "Scootaloo, I want to know what you were really up to. No one spends two hours in the bathroom."

Scoots replied, "Look, this is something that I can't tell anyone. It is something that must remain with me and me alone." After taking a quick breath she continued, "Look, you and the others will find out tomorrow, alright."

Rainbow sighed, "Well alright darling, let's try to get some sleep."

While Rainbow was able to get back to sleep, Scoots just couldn't. She knew that she should be able to get into the tower unnoticed during the ceremony and get what she needed, she just wasn't sure where she would drop what will be a bomb on not just Colgate, but all of the leaders in this world.