• Published 5th Mar 2017
  • 603 Views, 9 Comments

A Turbulent Change - StormLuna



After over 4,000 years of ruling Equestria, Supreme Commander Colgate has decided to step down and allow Scootaloo, her second in command, to take over. Not long after learning this, Scootaloo begins envisioning Equestria in a different light.

  • ...
5
 9
 603

Scootaloo's Big Day

Midnight Plans

That night Scootaloo had trouble getting to sleep as she continued to focus on what she would do after Colgate stepped down and she took over. While she wanted to depose the other leaders immediately, she realized that she did not know any banishment spells and that she would have to wait until she was in charge to study them but she did already have plans. Given that she could not sleep, she got up, turned her light on and began to write these plans down. She wrote,

"Queen Luna I shall banish to the moon.
Princess Celestia I shall banish to the sun.
Queen Galaxia and King Cosmos shall be cast into Tartarus.
Goddess Brevity shall be banished to Titan again.
Goddess LaurFa I shall banish to the void.
Colgate knows my weaknesses. Her death is all that will suffice.
Colgate's four guests must be brainwashed and kept here.
Everypony must eventually be brainwashed. Servitude and subservience to Dark Goddess Scootaloo is a MUST.
The portal must be found and their world conquered and cast into chains. They may have resources I need.
Like Twilight, I shall demand a 10% tribute from all ponies across the world.
Dissenters will face the same fate Black Feet did....torture and death."

Scootaloo smiled at her list and let out a yawn. She looked up and when she saw that her clock read 0000, she knew she had better get to bed. She shut her light off and laid down. Once she got to sleep she fell into a deep peaceful sleep, the type that provides a pony with the most rest.


Cleansing Neigh Zealand

When morning arrived, despite being up late the night before, Scootaloo woke up well rested and ready to go. When she headed down to the dining hall she found nopony except Colgate. She asked, "Colgate, where is everypony else?"

Colgate replied, "My guests and the officers are eating over at the base. I figured that it would be best if it were just you and me. I don't want any kind of conversation distracting you."

As soon as their food arrived Scootaloo nodded and began to eat her food. Colgate saw this and was pleased to see such eagerness from her second in command. Once she was done Colgate continued, "Well Scootaloo, we had best be going. I want us to get there while it is still dark."

Scootaloo asked, "Still dark? Why do we need to get there while it is still dark?"

Colgate replied, "Because at night those two islands glow green because of the radiation. Once you cleanse them of radiation, that green glow will be gone and you will have proven yourself."

Scootaloo said, "Alright then, let's get going."

The two headed out the door and Colgate took to the sky. She looked down and said, "Scootaloo, get up here by me. I need to create a time bubble."

Scootaloo remembered this from long ago and replied, "Just like old times!"

Colgate flared up her horn and recited, "A bubble is what we need, so from frozen time we can be freed, in this bubble we can move fast, while everything else is stuck in the past, it is frozen time which through we must pass so we will never be late to class."

As soon as she finished saying this the two were inside the bubble. Colgate poked the very edge of her horn through the bubble and continued, "Tick tock, tick tock, look at the racing clock, what is short is time and being late is a crime, we must finish on top so it is time I must stop, with time froze, it is my enemies I shall bulldoze."

Time was now frozen and both of them knew what needed to be done next. They began to fly and fly quickly. While they were moving fast, Scootaloo was not moving fast enough for them to break the sound barrier. Colgate shouted, "Scootaloo, we need to break the sound barrier if we want to get there in a timely manner."

Scootaloo grunted, "I'm trying as hard as I can."

Colgate snapped, "Well try harder. I can't do this without you flying as fast as me."

Scootaloo sighed in frustration but eventually she was able to get up to Colgate's speed and they broke the sound barrier. A bright bluish-orange light soared across the sky to the southwest. While time was frozen outside the bubble, inside the bubble time kept on ticking and after what was several hours to them, they finally arrived over Neigh Zealand when they stopped. It was still dark and like what Colgate said, there was a green glow coming from the land beneath them.

Scootaloo saw this and excitedly asked, "Colgate, can I get started?"

Colgate replied, "Not yet, I have to unfreeze time and undo the time bubble, remember?"

Scootaloo sighed, "Oh, right."

Colgate flared up her horn and recited, "Look at the clock, it is stuck in place, with this there can be no pace, everything is still but that does not fit the bill, for now the clock shall again run so everypony can have fun."

As she recited this time began to flow by normally but one more thing had to be done, undoing the time bubble, "In the bubble time continues to run, but now the time outside runs and allows fun, the bubble must burst so we can quench our thirst, from the bubble we are now free and everything we can clearly see."

Suddenly the time bubble was gone and the two could feel a light breeze against their faces. Colgate sped skywards and motioned for Scootaloo to follow. Once they were a couple thousand feet above the island Colgate ordered, "Alright Scootaloo, your time has come. Remember the spell, use whatever energy you think will work and most of all, have confidence in yourself. I know you can do this."

Scootaloo looked down and began to fire. She knew that she could not aim it at one small point, she had to cleanse the whole island. After realizing how exactly she would have to do this, she shot a very wide beam of energy, one large enough that it covered the whole island. She began to glow orange as she recited,

"Radiation has eradicated all life
For many ponies this causes strife,
Sadness is what the desolation causes many ponies to see
With others madness is the emotion that shall be,

The radiation must be wiped out
Then life can return and wander about,
Now that the radiation is a thing of the past
Life can return to the land and forever it shall last."

Once she recited this her energy output increased and she began to glow brighter. Soon her cutie mark began to glow and finally, orange beams shot out of her eyes. She was grunting loudly as this spell required a lot of energy and was actually a bit painful. After five minutes Colgate tapped her and told her she could stop. She stopped and as she looked down, she was stunned. What was glowing green was now pitch black.

Colgate gave her a smile and said, "Well one down, one to go!"

Scootaloo nodded and the two flew to the south to the other island. Once they arrived Colgate ordered, "Now do the same thing here."

Again Scootaloo began to glow as she recited the spell. Like it was before she began to glow brighter, her cutie mark glowed and ultimately orange beams shot out of her eyes. Again it took five painful minutes before she would be done. Once she had finished that island too, was dark. The two flew down and landed on the barren island. Colgate lit up her horn and noticed something different about her second in command. No longer were the whites of her eyes white, they had a pale shade of orange over them. Colgate gave her a smile and said, "Congratulations Comman....I mean Goddess Scootaloo, you did it. You completed your task."

Even though she had no way of seeing her eyes she knew that Colgate would not lie to her. She began to celebrate, "Yes, yes, yes, yes! I did it, I did it! Now I can take over and you can return to private life!"

While she was happy for her second in command, Colgate couldn't help but remember how when she would be extremely happy that Twilight would act the same way. While it did irritate her quite a bit, it did not cause her to think that she had anything to worry about. She figured that a lot of ponies would celebrate that way.

After she finished celebrating Scootaloo excitedly asked, "Well shall we go home so we can get me ready for my coronation?"

Colgate asked, "Coronation? What coronation?"

Scootaloo realized that she had used the wrong term. She corrected herself, "I meant the transfer of power."

Colgate replied, "Well first we need to go and get the other leaders and take them back to Ponyville with us." Scootaloo using the term coronation did bother Colgate some and she wanted to find out why she used it. She continued, "Scootaloo, what was the whole coronation thing about? Coronations are for princesses like Celestia, queens like Luna and goddesses like Brevity. Military leaders do not have coronations. In your case it will simply be a transfer of power."

Scootaloo replied, "I'm sorry Colgate, I'm just so excited!" She looked around and continued, "Well shall we go get the other leaders rounded up? I want us to be able to get back to Ponyville so we can get this done!"

This frustrated Colgate. She thought that Scootaloo was wanting to rush things way too fast and she was tired. She raised her voice, "Scootaloo, I am tired and I think we should take a short rest, at least until it is daylight. Then we can go and get the other leaders. For now I just want to sit for a few minutes."

Scootaloo asked, "But where? These islands are still a barren wasteland."

Colgate replied, "I'm just going to sit on the ground. If you want to remain standing then be my guest." She yawned and continued, "You know, riding that time bubble all the way across the Pegasus Ocean made me a bit tired. I'm going to take a quick nap. If you don't fall asleep wake me up when the sun rises and we'll get going."

It did not take long for Colgate to fall asleep and Scootaloo just stood there in frustration. Just like it was with the locks, she felt like Colgate was trying to either delay her claiming her spot on top or spend enough time delaying it that perhaps she would change her mind. A thought suddenly came across Scootaloo's mind, "What if she was to decide to do something to get rid of her madness and stayed in power?"

She began to bite her hooves for a moment but soon realized that Colgate is not one to go back on her word. She simply sighed in frustration hoping they could get this done before too long.

Author's Note:

Time Bubble

"A bubble is what we need, so from frozen time we can be freed, in this bubble we can move fast, while everything else is stuck in the past, it is frozen time which through we must pass so we will never be late to class."

Freeze Time

"Tick tock, tick tock, look at the racing clock, what is short is time and being late is a crime, we must finish on top so it is time I must stop, with time froze, it is my enemies I shall bulldoze."

Unfreeze Time

"Look at the clock, it is stuck in place, with this there can be no pace, everything is still but that does not fit the bill, for now the clock shall again run so everypony can have fun."

Undo Time Bubble

"In the bubble time continues to run, but now the time outside runs and allows fun, the bubble must burst so we can quench our thirst, from the bubble we are now free and everything we can clearly see."

Cleansing Spell

"Radiation has eradicated all life
For many ponies this causes strife,
Sadness is what the desolation causes many ponies to see,
With others madness is the emotion that shall be,

The radiation must be wiped out
Then life can return and wander about,
Now that the radiation is a thing of the past
Life can return to the land and forever it shall last."