• Published 31st Jan 2017
  • 465 Views, 4 Comments

Comet Chaser - Busy for a Birthday - CometChaser



Comet Chaser is Master Sargent of the Canterlot Wonderbolts and his birthday isn't turning out how he'd hopped. However, things will change for him when he meets an interesting mare; Breeze Chaser.

  • ...
3
 4
 465

Older Brother

“That’s him, ‘Thunder Charge’, my old man.”

“I’m sorry for your loss, were you two close?” Breeze Chaser looked with concern upon the face of her companion. Stone faced, he stood to stare at the marble pillar covered with the names of fallen Royal Guards.

“No. He always liked my older brother better. My father came from a long line of Royal Guards. It stretches all the way back to the original EUP Guard. My father even was a chariot barrier for Celestia’s royal carriage. He was a tough father, always expected the best from us, wouldn’t accept any less. My brother, Sapphire Shield, followed in his footsteps and quickly rose through the ranks of the guard. I wouldn't be impressed though if I were you, he’s a jackass who bullies anyone competing with him out of the way.” Said the stallion, staring straight forward, unflinching without emotion.

“Oh.” She wasn’t sure how to respond, how do you console someone for having an asshole older brother?

“Don’t worry about it,” He said, turning away from the pillar. “He’s posted on the north wall tonight so no chance we see him tonight.”

The two ponies walked side by side down the cobblestone path back towards the palace. Breeze Chaser piped up cutting through the silence, “Hey, I know a tower we can go to that overlooks the balcony where the princess will be speaking!”

“Really? Then let’s go, we’ve probably missed the first half of the speech but we can catch the end.”

They hurried to the tower left of the palace balcony overlooking the courtyard where hundreds of ponies from all over Equestria were gathered. Climbing the spiral staircase they emerged onto a ledge from which they could look down at the newly crowned Princess Twilight.

The wind drowned out Twilight’s words and Breeze Chaser leaned on the balcony next to Comet Chaser. They were so high at the top of the tower she moved in closer to him to share his body warmth.

“So where is this, ‘Spitfire’ anyways, I wanna see what she looks like.”

“Oh, she’ll be right over there in the Wonderbolts section…” He tailed off as he indicated to Spitfire.

Looking concerned she asked, “What’s wrong?”

“That stallion she’s with, that’s Sapphire Shield. Spitfire replaced me with MY BROTHER!”


“I should have known! This is exactly what I’d expect out of my brother. In fact, he probably put Spitfire up to it. I wonder if she knows what she’s getting herself into.”

“His bed.” He shot her a murderous glance, “What? It’s true. You know mares like her would fall for a stallion like that.”

“I’d rather not think about my brother’s sexual exploits”

“You know he’s probably got mares lined up around the block trying to get a chance to hook up with him.”

“Why would you say that? Would you wanna hook up with a stallion like that?” He cocked his head sideways at his newfound friend.

“I mean… I haven’t been with that particular stallion before but I know his type. They’re fantastic in the bed but when you wake up the next morning the only thing on your mind is how to get rid of them before they start thinking they’ve got a shot with you.”

“Ah, I see, been with many stallions have you?” Comet Chaser asked somewhat sarcastically. He immediately regretted the extremely personal question. It wasn’t like he’d judge her for getting around but still, he had just met her and worried she’d be made uncomfortable by the question.

She didn’t seem at all bothered by the question, however, “Well I’m basically an archivist and professor so I really don’t have stallions throwing themselves at me, but sometimes when I’m particularly in the mood I’ll hang around the Canterlot Cantina, there’s almost always at least one pony there who’s up for a roll in the hay. Although that pony doesn’t necessarily have to be a stallion.” She said with a wink.

“Any friends at the school?” He asked, not sure how to process the new information.

At this question however, her demeanor changed, “Yeah there’s this creepy professor who keeps hitting on me. He teaches classes on using levitation magic to aid during surgery but he’s really old and gross.” with a shudder she continued, “after school one day, he tried to get me to have sex with him in exchange for his vote for my tenure - oh by the way he’s on the school hiring and tenure board - anyways I refused and thus I could get fired at any time.”

Comet Chaser moved in to comfort his friend but as he was about to say soothing words the crowd erupted into cheers. The coronation ceremony had concluded but he didn’t regret missing any of it, he had found a far more interesting pony than some princess he’d never met.

The blue mare stood up, “Look!” She said, tugging on his shoulder.

“What is it-” Just then, the purple princess zoomed past the tower on her new wings.

“Wow, she’s already a good flier.” At that moment, the princess’s adrenaline wore off and she started struggling to maintain her altitude. Two ponies rushed to her aid, one being her friend Rainbow Dash, the other, to the annoyance of Comet Chaser, was his brother.

“Of course he gets to play hero, that’s just like him.” He said with a grunt of disapproval.

He watched the three ponies descend back towards the city, making their way to Princess Celestia’s castle, where presumably she was lowering the sun.

“Ignore him, come on, the show’s over.” She said walking towards the staircase, “I can give you a warm bed tonight, unless you prefer staying up here, freezing your ass off.” Without looking back to see If he followed her she started going down the tower.

Comet Chaser watched with admiration as she walked away, her hips swayed from side to side nicely animating her moderately plump rump. Her cutie mark, which appeared to be a magical aurora, nicely flanked her blue hindquarters. It was the first time the stallion truly appreciated the beauty of his new friend. Her light purple hair curled at the ends giving it a very vibrant and bouncy appearance. Her mane dangled in front of one eye and cascaded down the back of her neck, barely touching the base of her wings. As she walked her tail swished seductively from side to side.

Suddenly Comet Chaser realized the beautiful mare he was admiring was disappearing down the stairway. Shaking his head he galloped to catch up with her.

“Why do you do that?” She asked, not looking back.

“Do what?”

“Shake your head. It’s like you’re about to reach some epiphany but then shrug it off before you can finish the thought.”

“Oh, that? It’s just a habit, my dad would always tell me to get my head out of the clouds, to live in the real world. He told me if you’re always chasing comets you’ll never see the stars.”

“Aww. Would you mind telling me about that last comet you were chasing?” She said with a knowing smile.

“Wasn’t anything important... “ He trailed off implying the exact opposite.

“So you up for comin’ to my place or what?” She asked, clearly wanting a direct answer.

He was about to say yes, of course, thinking that his birthday was about to get a whole lot better, then he remembered the promise he’d made to his landlady. “I need to get home.”

Breeze Chasers sighed in annoyance, “Oh come on, I won’t take you too long, you can go home after we’ve had our fun.”

“But I told my-” He didn’t get to finish his statement because she had put a hoof over his lips.

“Come with me.”

“Ok”

Author's Note:

In this chapter we get introduced to some new characters most of whom are related to Comet Chaser. They will likely feature in my other works or that of Forestpip.