• Published 3rd Feb 2017
  • 539 Views, 0 Comments

Do You See Me? - Alfoals Trottenbauer



Twilight knew somepony, but then everything changed.

  • ...
 0
 539

II - Insecurity

Twilight trotted over to Sugarcube corner to get some tea for herself and Ace.

"That'll be ten bits." Said the cashier.

She gave them the money and levitated the two cups, cantering to Ace's normal place at the square.

"Ace, I got you some tea." She said, halfway greeting, the other half offering the tea.

"Thanks, Twily!" He thanked her, taking the one marked 'ACE HEARTS'

"They never do get the names right, huh?" He asked jokingly.

"Definitely not!" She said, laughing.

They trotted to her library, talking while sipping tea.

When they got inside, Spike looked at her, mildly concerned for her mental health.

Twilight started to catch on that Spike was looking at her suspiciously yesterday as well.

"You really must like that stallion, Twilight, talking to him so much..." He stated, almost a rhetorical question.

Twilight and Ace both looked each other in the eyes and blushed at this statement, Spike never seemed to look at Ace the entire time, as if he wasn't there.

"Well... As a friend, yes..." Twilight said, a slightly higher, more thoughtful tone in her voice.

"Okay, if that's how you feel..." Spike said, rather concerned that she seemed to be having a fond conversation with nopony at all.

They trotted to the spot where they sat last. Twilight turned the page of the book already on the table to its bookmark.

The page was on Discord. She read it quietly as Spike sat next to her opposite side from Ace.

Later that day, Twilight started feeling tired. She could barely even keep her eyes open. Ace was completely awake, however. Twilight yawned, snuggling up a bit to Ace. She moved even closer. This surprised him, considering they were only friends, but he got used to it. Her warmth was something he'd never felt before. Twilight noticed he had little heat in him.

But then again, maybe they could be something more...
Twilight had fallen completely asleep by now. Ace levitated a throw pillow under her head to make sure she was comfortable. He also took a blanket from a chair and tucked her into it, her head in his lap, her mane soft.
He had something to tell her... Something surprising the next day...