• Published 29th Jan 2017
  • 983 Views, 28 Comments

Undertales of Friendship: Adventures and Antics - ngrey651



Various little stories in the "Undertales of Friendship" realm of all shapes and sizes for everyone to enjoy. To make you laugh, make you cry, or make you grip your seat.

  • ...
4
 28
 983

Underfell Rises, Part 1

"So you're sure about this?"

Alphys stood tall by the large, circular machine, the gate-like structure ready and waiting, hooked up by immense tubes to a Princess Celestia as she smiled warmly at them all from within the giant bubble she sat in. The walls of the laboratory within Canterlot Castle were a bright blue color, with various scribbled notes written down on elaborate parchment made of calligraphy paper as Twilight turned to look away from her desk, and from her notes, giving a firm nod to the assembled group. Frisk, Sans, Undyne, Toriel, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and her were all going to peer into the other dimension, the same realm that those "Underfell" monsters had come from. Pinkie Pie was currently, along with Rarity, getting what they needed to access the dimension...a tiny piece of genetic material from those that came from it. All you needed for this mixture of science and magic was a piece from the place you wanted to see, and then you'd be able to peer on in, and see a whole new woooorld! A new fantastic point of view!

"And no one to tell us "no!" Or where to go! Or say we're only dreaming!" Pinkie Pie remarked cheerily, trotting into the room, or rather...hopping glad. She had a big smile on her face, Rarity coming in after her as they deposited the contents of their bags down on the ground. A bit of Underfell Toriel's hair, and a part of Underfell Papyrus's boots. The two "boneheads" had been beaten up so badly in their previous attempt to snatch up more unfortunates they'd lost quite a lot of clothing. In fact, just enough for Papyrus to perfectly sew replica clothes for Sans and Toriel to try on.

"I have to say, I had NO idea you were this good at sewing." Frisk had to sheepishly admit to Papyrus as he looked over the remarkably dark, somewhat edgy attire that their Sans was now in as he looked over his frame and shrugged before turning to Pinkie Pie.

"Need one more finishing touch. Well, two, really." He remarked. He held up the ketchup to his eye socket, concentrating as they all watched. SPLA-LOOORRRCH! It sank into his socket, and the normally blue flame turned red. Twilight stared at this for a moment, then decided not to question it, as Sans focused on one of his teeth, caaaarefully squeaking it out and putting in a replacement. A large candy corn piece Pinkie Pie gave him, which acted as the "substi-tooth".

Toriel, meanwhile, was wearing red contacts and a darker robe, adjusting her fur with a brush and comb to make her hair up top slightly spikier to imitate her more "evil" self. Princess Celestia calmly nodded, turning to Alphys.

"Remember, this gate has to harness my energy. It can only be me. The sun is the only power source big enough for this job, and I've enough strength to endure the rigors of the energy drain. If you tried this on a normal generator, I'm quite sure it would explode horribly. I know this from personal experience, in fact. My sister and I used to have little talks with a lovely alternate version of King Sombra, a Sombra who'd never turned to evil and was a most merciful, sweet ruler of the Crystal Kingdom." Princess Celestia intoned, giving a sad sigh. "He was such a sweetheart. And had such beautiful green eyes."

"The system is online, ma'am. We're all ready." Alphys said, giving a firm salute. "So you're sure it'll just act as a window, not a DOOR?"

"Of course. It's only designed to act that way. You've got all the precautions in place, correct?" Princess Celestia remarked, as Twilight flew up to the gate, examining the runes carved in.

"Let's see. Ahm, Mu, Ra, Beh, Cah, Sum, Lum, Om." She read off. "Honesty, Generosity, Integrity, Loyalty, Laughter, Kindness, Love, and Magic. All here."

"Everyone get ready just in case it ISN'T just a window. Sans, Toriel, you get in front of it, if one of the natives see us, we want them to think that the other two are just checking in on their home dimension." Alphys offered. "Better safe than sorry!"

The two nodded, Princess Celestia concentrating as the gate began to glow powerfully, a singular point of light stretching out to the edges of the gate, glowing, bristling with immense power, everyone else scampering back. The gate spread wider, and wider, and before their eyes, they could see Hotland. Their window had opened up in front of an enormous, square-shaped white-painted laboratory surrounded by magma. Cooling vents rose up from the magma some distance away as they stood before the door on reddish/brown ground, and before their eyes was...a sign something clearly was off. Because they could see UNDYNE on her knees, and letting Huey the Monster Kid hug her.

...hug her with arms that clearly did not belong to him. But had obviously once been hers. They all gasped as they saw this, Undyne's singular eye closed as she warmly smiled, letting Huey embrace her, her tone gentle and considerate. Much like their Undyne, she had red hair, flowing freely with beautiful blue skin, this faintly fishy female had a bit spikier black armor over her chest, a more vicious-looking streak in her hair, and clear...claw marks over where her eye had been. Her armor was rather patchy too, it looked as though she'd actually RIPPED THROUGH IT with her bulging arm muscles, and she had very lovely breasts on display, with a slightly cracked-in-half heart insignia on the front.

Huey was wearing a dark red and black sweater, and had very, very sharp spikes atop his head, running along his tail. His sweater looked ragged and twisted, and he looked long suffering. But...the arms. The ARMS.

"I'll never forget you!" Underfell Undyne insisted to him. "I love you! You're...you're what its all about!" She said, Huey happily going "Woohoo", punching the air and racing off as Underfell Undyne cheerily smiled, then noticed "her" Sans and Toriel standing there. "Oh! Well, well, how nice to see you two!"

"...um..."nice"?" Toriel tried to say, putting on her best acting face. It wasn't very convincing, but...Undyne seemed to be buying it. "You seem different. Why, pray tell, did you give that child your arms?"

"Because it made me...happy." Underfell Undyne said, her voice wistful, her eyes misted over slightly, as if seeing some wonderful, fantastic thing that hung over their heads. "Your former Majesty, I'm the happiest I've been in YEARS thanks to Dr. Gaster's work. He's amazing, Sans. We should never have tried to replace him with Alphys!"

"yes, we...we all remember where we were that day." Sans muttered. "mind, um...bringing him here so we can talk to him?"

"Oh, sure!" Undyne said, giving a loud GYAH-HA-HA! and barreling towards the lab door, slamming clear through it, leaving an Undyne-shaped hole in it as the real Undyne said in a dry tone "Well at least THAT bit of me is still there". The others glanced at each other, Celestia continuing to softly glow like a star as Frisk gulped.

"Y'know, it's good to want to give Huey the chance to have arms but...that seemed sort of EXTREME!"

"Yeah, like milk is "sort of" white." Rainbow Dash said with a "PHBBBT", blowing a loud raspberry. "Could your brother in this dimension get any kookier!"

"He's creepy and he's spooky! Mysterious and Kooky! He's all together "ooky"! That's Sans's family!" Pinkie sang out, Applejack laughing uproariously as they all glanced at her in surprise.

"S-Sorry! B-Been watching a lot of ol' human TV shows. I think Uncle Fester was hilarious!" She confessed. "And the movies are underrated gems."

"I admit I find truth in the phrase "All fair's in Love and Warheads"."

Ohhhh dear. They all realized that Underfell Gaster had now manifested in front of the portal while they were all chatting amongst themselves, and they turned to gaze upon him, seeing him in his full form as he stood atop an ENORMOUS summoned bony red hand. He had a faintly ragged-at-the-end red scarf which flapped about over his dark jacket. There were odd, strange cracks that encircled his face, like some kind of faintly mystical, tribal tattoo. Most interestingly, the jagged scars from his eyes were thick, powerful and as deadly as his clawed hands, and he stood tall on his thick black boots and cloaked cape. What weirded them out even more so than his dark visage...were his eyes. Their Gaster's eyes had, when he'd first been Royal Scientist long ago, been a lovely shade of blue, a symbol of Integrity. As time had gone on though...that had changed. Now his eyes had no true color, sometimes brief flashes would appear, but they usually glowed a sort of entrancing, almost strange greyish/white.

Yet as off-kilter and "uncanny valley" as that was, they would have preferred it to the almost unnaturally red shade that Underfell Gaster's eyes had. It reminded them of...blood. Worse still, not of fresh blood. Of rotting blood. Blood left out in the sun, to become mouldy, and foul, and disgusting. His smile might have been kindly if not for that horrific shade of red in his eyes.

"I can tell you're not the real deal. Did you dust them?" He asked, Frisk looking disgusted.

"We wouldn't do that!"

"I'm tempted to say you should." Underfell Gaster commented quietly. "Some people are better off not existing. But, ahh, I'd like to extend an invitation. Come into this world almost beyond salvation!"

"Dramatic, ain't he?" Twilight whispered to Sans as Underfell Gaster gave a bow.

"Let's not stand on ceremony. Here."

He held out his clawed, bony hands, and two MORE enormous, giant reddish, glowing hands manifested, spreading the gate wide, turning it from a window to a door as he bowed low, the scarf billowing behind him. "Come into my world! See the wonders I've granted it! Behold the boons I have designed to make the Underground a better place! There's much I could learn from you, and you from me!"

"How do we know we can trust you?" Applejack spoke up, stepping forward, her eyes ablaze. "Cuz all the other pals of yours we done met? We couldn't trust 'em to do what's right. Couldn't trust them far as I could throw 'em. Though I could throw 'em reeeaaaal far!"

"If you would like an example of my sincerity..." Underfell Gaster rose up, and whistled sharply, Underfell Undyne now barreling out through ANOTHER part of the lab, one of the walls, standing tall and proud and smiling. "My dear Undyne would be certainly happy to go over to your world to act as...collateral? A show of good faith? You can have one of my own little friends in exchange for having some of YOUR little friends come over. And if you want more collateral, I'll send over another one of my good friends over after we introduce him to your darling Frisk?"

"...we need to talk this over. One minute." Twilight said, gesturing for everyone to step away from the gate, and they all crowded around her as Celestia looked Underfell Gaster over as he smiled at her.

"Can we really trust him?" Applejack quietly murmured.

"I'm not sure." Twilight whispered. "He SEEMS eager to learn about us."

"His smile makes me think of bugs crawling up my spine." Rarity groaned out.

"His eyes are creeping me out too." Frisk quietly admitted.

"He seems polite enough, at least." Toriel offered.

"in every dimension, there's items that share commonalities in their properties. a is a. and Gaster is Gaster. At least...I think." Sans spoke softly.

"So. What's it like?" Underfell Gaster asked of Celestia as she raised an eyebrow.

"What?"

"The sun." He wanted to know, resting his arms over his chest. "Come on. Tell me. What's it like?"

"Well, I raise it every day, really. It brings warmth, and light. It bathes over the land in its warm glow. It makes the morning dew sparkle on the green grass of our land's rolling hills, and glimmers a beautiful reflection in the waves of crystalline pools and lakes in sprawling valleys." Celestia admitted, and she saw, as she continued to describe all that the Sun did that...that Underfell Gaster's face was steadily breaking, looking as though he was on the verge of tears. Finally he looked away, his face hidden in a bit of shadow, Underfell Undyne looking at him in concern before Twilight spoke up.

"Alright. Sans, Toriel, I, and Fluttershy will come over with Frisk. Miss Undyne can come over here, to our realm." She offered, Underfell Undyne grinning, leaping through the gate, standing by Undyne as she smiled at her.

"Disco?"

"With MYSELF?" Undyne asked, before the two grinned at once, and then said "OUTRAGEOUS", and began to boogie-woogie out of the room, Fluttershy, Frisk, Toriel and Sans hopping onto the giant, floating red hand Underfell Gaster had manifested, as he brought them over to the front of his lab, giving the others a bow.

"I will check back in with you in a day's time. All I need is twenty four hours to show your friends all my Underground can offer." He said cheerily, waving goodbye as he held out a clawed hand for Frisk to take. "Do come on in! I've someone who'd like to meet you."

"Who?"

"YOU!"

With that, he swept the door open, and Frisk, Fluttershy, Toriel and Sans entered the laboratory as the lights came on, and they saw Underfell Frisk standing by the clear and obvious "Underfell Alphys". Frisk was wearing a black longsleeve shirt, with red stripes, slightly older than their Frisk, and calmly looking up at them as he rested one hand upon the dinosaur scientist's shoulder, who just glanced up, then kept typing away into the computer keyboard she had. She was hard at work, a glowing white heart-like thing hovering in the air in a tube connected to said keyboard, Sans frowning.

"That's not a "Soul"." He murmured. "The color isn't quite the right shade of white and...it doesn't "feel" like a soul. What is that?"

"My greatest creation!" Underfell Gaster proclaimed, spreading his arms wide as they approached it, Alphys "harrumphing". "Oh, and of course, Miss Alphys helped out quite a bit."

Underfell Alphys looked, for the most part, quite similar to their own Alphys, but her claws were more pronounced, as were her fangs in her jaws. Her spiky head seemed, somehow, spikier, and her glasses...there was a terrifying glint of insane light behind them, they seemed to be perpetually swirling, and she looked like she was half on the verge of snapping and picking up a silver hammer. "This is called the "AEON". An Act of Extreme, Omnipresent Niceness. You saw some of its good work before. Would you like to see more of it in action?"

"So...an AEON makes people act nice?" Fluttershy said, sounding intrigued. "Well, that's good! People should be nice to each other!"

"Oh, absolutely." Underfell Frisk said, taking Fluttershy's hoof and shaking it firmly. "My dear Toriel taught me that. Sadly, she's been tragically driven nigh crazy with grief over constantly losing her children, and she hasn't seen me in so, so long. Have you seen her?" He inquired, tilting his head to the side, blinking a bit. "I believe Gaster told me...she went into your world?"

"Yes, we got confirmation! We got cameras all over the Monster Kingdom! We must always stay one step ahead of any that'd seek to destroy us." Underfell Alphys said in her faintly buzzing voice as she drummed her claws on each other, grinning as her tail swished about over and over.

"Even in Undyne's shower?" Underfell Frisk chuckled, Underfell Alphys turning beet red and covering her face.

"Imustalwaysstayonestepahead."

Clearly, some things didn't change. Fluttershy looked over the AEON as it softly glowed in the light of the laboratory, and she pursed her lips. Something about it felt...odd. She tilted her head back and forth, trying to figure out why this little thing didn't make her feel comforted, or calm. What about it was so...unusual? She finally decided, as Underfell Gaster gestured at the computer screen, going into the over-complicated and super-technical way he and Alphys had designed the odd device, Twilight taking copious notes, that the problem with the AEON was the difference between a normal lamp light, and an overly shiny one. One was just fine, it didn't cause you any problems, but the other was just a bit too bright, almost abnormally so, and it had a more unnatural air to its glowing.

"We've decided to spread the AEON all through the Underground. It's been working splendidly around Hotland and most of Waterfall, and soon we'll move into Snowdin, and the Ruins!" Underfell Gaster remarked, clasping his bony hands together and cheerily smiling at them all with that cracked face.

"really?" Sans asked. "so folks just...went along with it?"

"Not exactly." Underfell Frisk remarked. "Not everyone was alright with the AEON, even though we told them it would vastly improve their lifestyle. We said it was designed to make people happy, and most people were eager for ANYTHING to cheer them up down here. Fact is, we were so desperate for something fresh and new..."

"But we convinced the stragglers forcibly." Underfell Alphys chuckled with a big grin. "It was for their own good. And you can't ignore the results!" She remarked as she led them through the laboratory, off towards an enormous collection of computer screens in front of a gigantic computer keyboard, and she began typing up a storm. Bit by bit, the screens turned on, showing various scenes playing out in the Underground, and Frisk, Twilight, Sans and Fluttershy stared in amazement.

An alarm bell rang, Muffet letting out a deep, long yawn, stretching her many, many limbs as she rose out from her bed, pushing open her windows to greet a new day. She cheerily waved at the many people passing by her little home in Hotland, all her tiny little spider friends lowering themselves on strings, waving at the passersby, letting out squeaky little "Good Mornings" and "Howdy Ho!" and "Hello!"

"Hello, boys and girls! Its your old pal, Mettaton! And it's the Happy Happy Joy Joy Song!" Mettaton's voice came out of a radio on her dresser. The real Mettaton, in fact, had distinctly four arms, more poofy hair atop his head with extra eyes to match that glowed a distinct yellow with red pupils, a faintly cracked heart insignia on his front and, of course, a garish color scheme of black, red and yellow. He plucked on a guitar, his little "band" standing b his side on the sound stage, Burgerpants in particular looking even more freakishly, fakely happy than usual, Frisk amazed at how odd he appeared with no hat, just a yellow "Mettaton" brand shirt and slightly piercing red eyes. He took a quick drag, however, of what was clearly a small bong before popping it back into his pocket.

Mettaton began to strum on the guitar, another scene playing out in Hotland as a slightly sculpted dragon with a darling black fedora, a cigarette dangling out of his mouth and lovely locks of flowing black hair and some awful scars sliced into his bare chest took a drag of the cigarette. He then looked back at what he'd drawn, holding it up for his customer, Huey. Frisk had been CERTAIN that Underfell So Sorry would draw something like a melting skull in a pool of blood, a hand slowly sinking below into an awful lake of zombies, but...

No. It was an adorable little picture of Huey in a field of flowers, reclining.

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy, Joy!

"Ooooh!" Underfell Huey said, beaming happily, bouncing up and down as he took the picture in his new, sexy hands, a flower in the picture Huey's mouth. "Thank you so much! How much do I owe you?"

"Nothing. It's free." Underfell So Sorry said with a smile=and a wink. "Doing art for free makes me...happy. I'm the happiest I've been in years. I don't mind giving this away."

"Y'know...I don't think the audience is HAPPY enough." Mettaton remarked, putting one of his extra hands to his lips, giggling a bit. "No, no, no, we must TEACH them to be happy!"

"Well, it's...well it certainly IS..." Twilight stammered, staring at all this. "I mean...er...well, they all seem very...HAPPY..."

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy, Joy!

"Yes, perhaps...too happy..." Fluttershy quietly murmured to herself, seeing the odd smiles on their faces, the overly cheery glimmers in their eyes, it was...it was like walking into Starlight Glimmer's town of Equality and yet...somehow this seemed more twisted.

She stared back at Underfell Gaster, who benignly smiled back, and she felt a pang of regret. He seemed genuinely nice. He really seemed to think he was doing the Underground a favor, but...

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!
Happy, Happy, Happy, Happy,
Happy, Happy, Happy, Happy,
Happy Happy Joy Joy Joy!

"Such shiny, happy people." Underfell Gaster said cheerily. "So, like I'd mentioned earlier, my dear friend Frisk would like to visit your world! He'd really like to find Toriel, if he could. Would your friends be able to help him?"

"Sure, I'll...I'll get back to the portal." Twilight murmured. "I'll call our friends up with a bit of magic and bring it back so your Frisk can come over." She remarked, Underfell Frisk giving her a big grin, heading alongside her as she exited the lab, briefly turning back to see Sans and HER Frisk's expressions.

And she knew they shared her and Fluttershy's concerns. Something was very rotten in the state of Denmark. It said a lot that Twilight was beginning to think she would have preferred a psychopathic kingdom ruled by violence...over what she had just beheld.