• Published 3rd Jun 2020
  • 272 Views, 5 Comments

Project Harmony one: The ones in the background - Megaskullmon



Those that work...those that are in the background..While life goes on..Their the one's that keep everything working

  • ...
 5
 272

Chapter Ten: New Ponyville

I have been told many of us have been locked in the spell for almost a year. Luna said she went in there and talked to me. I don’t remember any of this at all. I guess many things have happened. We have a new planet and Shadow and I have been told we will be the ones to help build a new Ponyville. I stand beside the other builders as we make a blueprint of how we wish the town to be. We are also adding a castle for Luna herself.

“Do we need a castle though it could bring many bad memories to those who escape here?

I glance at the mare who is running this group of builders. I know nothing about her but I am told she is one of the best shipbuilders in Equus but she had to escape because she worked for Twilight without knowing how she was.

“I am unsure Bolt. Maybe we could ask the others around us what they think.”

The large painted mare looks at me and the others.

“I know most of you have been spacers. I know Chaser and Shadow worked together on the old station but a question for you all. Do you want to forget our past so we can’t remember how far we came?”

I take a deep breath unsure how to say this. Being a half pony half zebra we tend to not look at things this way. But I will give it a try.

“My zebra roots we tend to try to keep to our past and the future. Without the past, we tend to forget who is who. I may be half pony but I was raised in the ways of a zebra. I was told the magic of a zebra and history to a zebra means everything.”

I spread my wings.

“But as a pegasus as well the past can’t always be wise to focus on for most. But as I said I fight two sides of myself. I listen to both and how they feel.”

The others look to Shadow to translate what I mean. Since she has known me for years and is the only one who took the time to get to know me.

“What she means is to build the castle.”

I roll my eyes.

“I could have said that.”

Shadow smirks.

“Then you should have said that Chaser.”

I snort.

“I just did.”

I stare at her and smirk. As the two of us stare at each other and Bolt’s cheeks turn bright red from the look in our eyes.

“Ahem, please get a room for you two if you’re about to kiss and make out I see the lust in your eyes right now.”

I laugh.

“Sorry, just when we admitted our feelings for each other the station was blowing up. So I tend to try to focus on how I feel anyway. What do we plan on building first the food stores and the farms?’

Bolt sighs.

“I am unsure what would be the best way to start. I..”

Before she could finish we look up to see Luna landing. We moved to let the princess land and we all bowed to her.

“My ponies I have come to see your progress.”

I stood up before the others.

“We have nothing.”

Luna turns to look at me and a gentle smile forms on her face.

“Is that so Chaser? Then may I help?”

Bolt stood up nodding.

“It would be an honor princess.”

Luna looks at the blueprints and she takes the quill and ink. She thinks for a moment looking at the area we have for the new Ponyville. She looks at us and she knows it’s not just going to be ponies in this new town, it's going to be everything, even aliens.

“Alright, here is a marketplace. Then here we place a bunch of houses and I will add one thing to the laws of this town: no technology only in the starbase. We need to go back to our roots and the only way is to go back to our roots and remove all the tech we survived on for so long.”

I take a deep breath living in a world with new tech? It’s like growing up back in my homeworld. I am going to enjoy it but I know many ponies have relied too much on technology. It's all we can do to make it for everypony.

“How will we enforce the law, Princess Luna?”

She turns her head to look at Shadow, a smirk forming on her face.

“I am going to point out the truth and what happened when we found technology. Look at the station, look at what this war between Disharmony and harmony has caused.”

I sigh, nodding.

“I agree with Luna. How I was raised being half and a half you do what you have to. I feel the only ones who should have technology are either the farmers or whoever feels they need it. But having it control our everyday lives is something we never should allow again.”

Luna nods.

“It’s something we all should do.”

We started working on the new Ponyville and while working on it we had many more come from the other worlds who are on the run or Equus itself during this time we see a strange ship witch from what we learned is of the elements and the elements start doing what they do

Then we realize the final one would be forgiveness full forgiveness. We watch Twilight get pulled from the bubble with Spike and Discord. While we watch the others and Discord stands beside me and Shadow.

“It’s time.”

I glance at Discord.

“For what?”

Discord chuckles softly.

“For forgiveness.”

He glances at Twilight being carried into the tent.

“It may take longer than most for Rainbow Cloud to accept what she went through and to forgive. It would mean everypony has to forgive Twilight for everything she did.”

I look at the ship-shaped tree. Each element slowly glows as we watch Savannah and hear the zebras sing for her. But finally, it’s the final element, the element of Forgiveness herself.

To be continued.

Author's Note:

To understand the context of this chapter read Project Harmony.