• Published 3rd Jun 2020
  • 271 Views, 5 Comments

Project Harmony one: The ones in the background - Megaskullmon



Those that work...those that are in the background..While life goes on..Their the one's that keep everything working

  • ...
 5
 271

Chapter Nine: Strange world of dreams

I open my eyes and look around. I remember the station blowing up. But here I am seeing many ponies and other creatures wandering around. Shadow trots towards me. She was in a rush like something was wrong.

“We are late for the meeting Chaser come on!!”

I chase after Shadow. I swear I said something to her. I am confused though I swear we were a few decks away from the meeting halls for the workers. But suddenly we are down there and I look around seeing everyone. I see my boss, the female diamond dog sitting at her desk. I could tell she is not in a good mood.

“Everyone, it seems Twilight herself will be coming today to see how things are up and running. The station is fully going to be fully going and ready to accept others.”

I sigh softly oh great the princess of friendship herself is about to come and force us to work harder. I look over to Shadow feeling something strange. I wait to see what my task would be and I sigh knowing it will not be a good task.

“Alright everyone I got your task Chaser being herself will be forced to help Twilight off her ship and lead her to her quarters. You got it to miss I must bang a mare on work hours?”

I get so many eyes looking at me, even Shadow. A smirk forms on my face and I just laugh.

“Oh come on it was on break it’s not like we made a mess or anything.”

Shadow rolls her eyes.”

“Uh-huh get going now Chaser and be ready. But before you leave I have something to tell you so you won’t fail your task.”

Everypony leaves. I look back at Shadow while she leaves. I swear I told her something looking back at my boss. She stares at me but her eyes soften. I don't remember her being kind to me at all.

“Chaser, I have a question I have asked others about. But do you feel something is a bit off?”

I stare at my boss, shrugging my shoulders.

“I don’t know. It could have been a dream but I swear the station was blowing up and I told Shadow I loved her.”

I had a sudden rush of pain. I see the station blowing up and I lean into kissing Shadow to tell her I love and a strange bubble engulfs us making the fire dim as I feel my mind drift into a magic world. But I come out of the memory like it wasn’t even real.

“Something strange is going on. I swear I just remembered something but my brain refuses to think of it.”

I walk away from my boss turning around to say something to her and then the entire area changes and I look around seeing my foal hood. I am back on my home planet looking at my group of many mothers cheering for me as I work to become a grown zebra mare with my father watching.

“You always felt like you failed him.”

I turn to look at who is speaking. It’s a Minbari that looks like a human. We read about them and I looked at him, seeing the scar on his face.

“Who are you?”

The Minbari looks at me and a smile forms on his face.

“I am known as Valen or what I used to be called. Jeffery Sinclar”

I stare at him more Valen Jeffery Sinclar? Then it hits me harder than I remember now. We learned about him in the files. A simple commander of the place called Babylon Five went back in time to help during a war the rest of the files were corrupted.

“Why are you here?”

Valen turns to look at me again, smirking.

“The mind is a powerful fragile thing. Everything I have been through please allow me to show you.”

He offers his hand. I put my hoof in his hand and He closes his eyes and I was taken back to what caused everything for him. I watch while Babylon four is going through some wormhole heading to the past. Jeff as a human is building a strange device and it glows as he looks at a cocoon being built for him.

“My whole life has been leading to this.”

He keeps looking at the cocoon as I see the image flash and he is held to the wall with a strange creature holding him in place by the neck.

“Don’t you understand?! They’re using you. They’re using you!!”

It flashes again to another Minbari, a female who looks weak as Jeff looks down at her. I see the eyes of a powerful young woman. I see greatness in those eyes. A power many will follow and die for if they need to.

“I knew you would come.”

Jeff leans down whispering.

“You should rest.”

The female weakly breathes looking up at Jeff.

“We were right about you.”

It flashes again as I see Jeff talking to a male Minbari. He looks like he is wearing a warrior's cloak and looks ready to kill and die in those eyes. We read about Minbari lore in the old files which were still around of course. He is part of what is known as the warrior cast.

“You talk like a Minbari commander.”

He goes into the cocoon and over the years changes and I watch while so many years before or after I can’t tell time travel to me is very new and I watch everything unfold and Jeff is standing with Vorlons or whatever they are out of their suits as one last thing is said.

“I welcome you and present this place to you as a gift. I am called Valen and we have a lot of work ahead of us.”

The flash ends and I shake my head coughing.

“Many years ago after the Shadow war ended. Before my death, I came here to put my mind into the station and I have been dormant for so long. But I have been able to see what is going on and this is the final task I can do for you and the others trapped in this magic shell. When my task is done and the elements fight their counter and then I will be gone.”

I take a deep breath the elements need to fight their counter? How long will this take I wonder? But why am I here at my ceremony to become a mare? I watch while I have to battle another of the family and I fail. I don't remember falling and I am told I will not get another chance for ten or so more years. I watch my father shake his head walking away. I watch myself trot after my father and he looks down at me.

“You’re not a zebra. You’re”

He stares at my mother. He saids with vile but he knows he is to blame for falling in love with her and making her one of his wives.

“A pony.”

It hit me hard. I remember him saying that to me so long ago. I remember him and my mother fighting after that but he told her while I was listening he had to be strong and say those words to make me fight harder for it.

“You never forgave your father for what he said to you or your mother.”

I stare at Valen. How dare he reminds me of my failure. How dare he make me remember this. I still haven’t gone back and worked on becoming an adult to my family. Even though my father at the request of my mother lied and told the planet I am an adult now.

“But my father and I are back to being close. I even went to see him and told him I love him. I wish I could have stayed longer.”

Valen nods.

“I can’t help you get over it but you need to deep down accept you failed. Do you think you will be able to do that?”

I nod

“I will try. I am happy you’re not forcing the issue.”

He chuckles.

“It’s not wise to force the issue. It takes the soul with the issue and wants the help. But I need you to do something for me. There is a mare known as Shadow. She needs a lot of help and maybe you could help her through her problem?”

I sigh deeply, shaking my head.

“I did tell her I loved her didn’t I?”

Valen nods.

“It seems she has issues with being in love and being backstabbed. Do you think you can help her through it?”

I take a deep breath so what I have been seeing is true then? The station blew up and we got engulfed in a strange bubble?

“I will do what I can. I can't promise anything she will have to make it through by herself.”

I am transported through many dreams. I see the dreams of the others who are here including Twilight but she is locked in a cage and It looks like she placed herself in the cage. I take a deep breath finding myself in the academy for fighters and I watch Shadow as she watches herself being deeply in love with a stallion who seems to be whispering sweet nothings about them flying together in the military.

“Shadow?”

Shadow turns to look at me. Her eyes are bright red from all the crying she has been through. At first, I didn't think she thought I was there. Then I reach out to touch her wing and she wraps her forehooves around me crying on my shoulder.

I just hold the other pegasus mare tightly to me. I look at the stallion he promised her so much from what I see and he used her from what I can tell to become a flier in the military and she was forced to either redo school or come to Project Harmony.

“Shadow I know I may be many things and I have been a pain to you for so long. But you and I both know I care for you as a friend as well. Before the station went up in flames… I said the words I love you. I am here with you to help you through this if you let me.”

Shadow and I kiss again and we start remembering everything that happened. Valen himself sends me and Shadow to an area where those who have beaten their nightmares, their past, and fulfilled their dreams, and below us in a cage is Twilight herself.

“As many of you know. Twilight will not be allowed to leave but I feel a few of you can leave now. I can only choose a few to leave.”

He lifts his finger to me, Shadow, Butter Berry, and my diamond dog boss.

“I want you to understand it’s been many months since you went through this. It could be a year for all I know but you’re now in a new world. Welcome to new Celestia.”

I blink, waking up suddenly on a bed with Shadow and Butter Berry not far from me. Butter Berry is covered in burns and some of her burnt off and my Diamond dog boss wearing a mask but is sitting up looking at me.

“I am sorry for how I treated you, Chaser. It's time for us all to move on and time for me to see if I can find my species and help them build their community.”

I nod to her laying my head down feeling my brain throbbing from what happened. I look up seeing we are in a tent and it’s amazing to me what we have been through and we are in a new world.

I see Luna come into my view.

“Welcome Chaser, welcome to New Celestia.”