• Published 4th Jan 2017
  • 400 Views, 0 Comments

Midnight Dusk's Backstory - rainbow2726



The story of Midnight, Her sister Silver and her friend Misty.

  • ...
 0
 400

Chapter 6 - Morning Birthday

Midnight Dusk Pov

I woke up at 5! I was so excited!! It is my and Silver’s birthdays!! “SILVERRR!!!! WAKE UP!! ITS OUR BIRTHDAY!!” I shouted, using my magic to throw off Silver’s blanket.

“YAY I CAN’T WAIT TO GET OUR NECKLACES!!” Silver screamed.

Our mom came stomping to our room,“ I know its your birthday girls, but pleASE QUIET DOWN! Go and visit Misty or something.” My mom grumbled.

“Lets go visit Misty! ” I suggested.

We walked out of our hotel. “So, where is her house Midnight?” silver asked.

Wait where did she live? I seriously didn’t know? Ugh I can’t believe myself. “I kinda don’t know…” I said.

“WHAT!? Are you kidding me! Now we have to look through the whole of Ponyville to find her!” Silver complained.

“Hey guys! I didn’t think you would already be awake! But I was just so excited for your birthday’s!” Somepony said.

We both turned our heads to the voice. IT WAS MISTY!!!!

“MI-MISTY!!!” Silver and I shouted.

“Thats me.” Misty said smiling, “Anyways heres your gift!” Misty handed us both a pretty wrapped box with her wings.

“THANK YOU MISTY!!” We said together.

“You guys are totally in sync aren’t you?” Misty asked.

“NO WAY!!” We said reacting in the same time.

Misty giggled, “ Ok then, so why don’t you open your gifts.” Misty suggested.

“Lets wait until the end of the day, thats our tradition.” I said finally not at the same time as Silver.

“Can we go to your house? our mom is STILL sleeping.” Silver asked.

“Sure! Why not?” Misty exclaimed leading the way.


——————————————————————————————


“Wow you’re house is really pretty!” I exclaimed.

“Not really… Anyways my mom is in the kitchen, should I ask her to make a snack for us? I mean its your guys birthday and all.”

Silver and I nodded our heads quickly.

“MOM!!! CAN YOU MAKE LIKE A QUICK SNACK FOR US!! ITS THEIR BIRTHDAYY!!” Misty Screamed.

We followed misty to a table and sat down waiting for our snacks.

“Here are your snacks! Chocolate Milkshakes for all!!” Misty’s mom said giving out delicious-looking milkshakes.

They looked so good! I took a sip in the chocolatey goodness. “SOOOO GOODD!!!!!” Silver and I said.

“Thank you, I made them myself. Oh and I was wondering Midnight dear, why do wear that long ribbon in your hair like that. ” Misty’s mom asked.

The Ribbon… The reason… Silver frowned knowing why I always wore it. My eyes already started to water remembering.

“Are you all right Midnight?” Misty said concerned.

“I— My d—ad g—ave it to m—e.” I muttered out.

“Why you crying then? Midnight? And why haven’t I seen your father yet? You never seem to talk about him?” Misty asked confused.

Silver glanced at me, “You don’t need to tell them.” Silver whispered.

I knew that I didn’t but. I needed to let it out. I guess. I don’t really even get this. But, I’ll either feel better or worse after.

“My d—dad is—isn’t her—e anymo—re.” I choked out.

“Did your dad leave you guys to a different place..?” Misty hesitantly said.

I could barely talk anymore, “ Ye-s, a different plac-e.” I stuttered.

“Where…?” Misty asked.

Silver suddenly became angry,“HE’S DEAD OK? STOP ASKING MORE AND MORE QUESTIONS! IT HURTS US THINKING OF HIM OKAY?” Silver screamed, A faint flash of green in her eyes.

“Silver… Calm… I know you get mad when you think of dad but…” I started.

“I’m sorr-y, I-I. Sor-ry.” Silver Apologized.

“Midnight, Silver. I’m the one at fault, I shouldn’t have pried so deep into it…” Misty apologized.

We all took deep breaths. “Let’s. Let’s just forget about this and come to our house and celebrate our birthdays. Today is supposed to be a happy day. Right?” I said.