• Published 11th Jul 2012
  • 1,974 Views, 17 Comments

The Tale Of Colossus - Always Shipper6



I used to be a human, but now I've been turned into a metal/ steam golem.

  • ...
2
 17
 1,974

Chapter 1: Well, My Day Gets Worse.

The sun shined in as I began to wake up. Apparently that usual minute or two blindness that you get from being human and waking up like this didn't affect me. I stood up and stretched, and released a cloud of steam with a loud howling sound. Apparently, even stretching as a...whatever I am, still feels pretty dang good. I looked towards the sun. Judging by the height of it, it was maybe around 10 or so. I just walked back into the woods, and hopefully find my way to some place to where I could talk to somebody, or would it be somepony? Anyways, I kept walking. The forest eventually turned darker, almost marsh like.\

"What the? Is that marshland, or-"

"HELP! SOMEPONY! ANYPONY! HELP ME!" I heard a woman scream back in the woods. I turned around and charged back into the woods, heading towards the voice. I didn't even care about my surroundings as I ran through the forest. I toppled trees as I ran into them, crushed bushes, scared one family of rabbits, and pissed off a Phoenix who was currently tailing me. Eventually, the bird gave up on the chase and flew off into the woods. I kept running, until I came to a clearing. What I saw, almost made me shit a brick. There, on the ground, was a mare. She had a black coat and had a scarlet red mane. She had the cutie mark of a weird kind of plant on her flank. She was currently backing up from a young dragon that looked like it was hungry. It wasn't like the ones that portrayed in the show. It wasn't old and giant, but looked to be a young one, maybe into his young adult years.

"NO, PLEASE! PLEASE DON'T EAT ME! HELP ME SOMEPONY PLEASE!" Well, I couldn't just let a damsel in distress get eaten now could I? The dragon opened his mouth and inhaled deeply. I ran as fast as my metal legs could take me. Right before the dragon breathed fire, I grabbed the mare and cuddled her up in my arms. The dragon breathed fire at me, after it was finished I sat the pony down. She looked at me in sheer terror. I felt my back burning like crazy, but I ignored it.

"Relax, I'm here to help you, not to hurt you. Now, go. Get out of here while I take care of this dragon." She nodded and ran off, but I could still feel her watching from the bushes. I looked to the green dragon, and he glared at me. I laughed.

"Oh, your pissed now that I let your meal get away? Well, come at me bro!" The dragon roared and charged at me. I simply rolled out of the way and grabbed onto its tail. Bad idea apparently, because he flung me off and into a tree. The tree was reduced to splinters on impact. I got back on my feet and ran at the dragon who was currently charging me again. This time I jumped, dodging his maw. I jumped onto his back, trying not to slide off due to the smooth scales. I laid down and grabbed one to try an hang on, and what did it do, it ripped off the dragon! I flew off as it took to the skies. I cussed at myself for not being able to do anything about it as it just started me down and flew off.

"Ha, chicken. Dragons. Not as tough as they are portrayed to-" I was cut off as I was lifted into the air. I looked up to see giant black claws around my shoulders, and above those was the green dragon from before.

"Well, round two! I wonder if I can survive a fall from," the dragon dropped me. "Heeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeee." I fell pretty fast. I was almost to the ground when a red aura surrounded me. I looked over to see the mare from before, who was apparently a unicorn, concentrating hard to slow me down. Helped a little, but I still left an indent in the ground when I hit. My joints groaned as I got out of the semi-small hole I made in the earth. I looked up as the dragon landed again. I ran over and grabbed the green scale I had ripped off of it and prepared for battle. A certain song popped into my head as I charged in to battle the dragon again.

As I got to the dragon who was getting ready to breathe fire again, I slid under him as steam bellowed from my joints. I finally got right where I want him. I stopped under him, and before he could move I punched him with all my force on his soft underbelly. The dragon roared, coughed, and roared again.

"Well, that helped a bit. I think I found a weakness. Now if only I could find a way to turn the dragon upside down so I could properly end him." I thought a bit, then something clicked. "Let's see if that will work." I looked over to the unicorn who was currently hiding behind a tree.

"Hey, think you could manage to hold him down when I tell you too?" She nods and I get back to work on the dragon. He's currently recovering from that blow I gave him. He staggers, roars, and charges me again. I begin to think, if there could be a cheesy line to say right now what would it be? I thought as the dragon got closer and closer. I got it, that will work. The dragon opened it's mouth. I jumped and grabbed onto its long, sharp teeth. It wrapped its snake like tongue around me to try and pull me in. However, that wasn't going to happen.

"Sorry bud, but I think you've already had your daily intake of iron!" I punched him in the top of his mouth, and he spat me out and roared, then flared his wings. "Not so fast. Your not flying away this time." I jump on top of his head, and grab on. The dragon takes flight while trying to use his tongue to pull me off. I kept dodging, but it eventually got annoying.

"Okay, you've lost your privilege to use your tongue. Gimme that." I grab his tongue at the next swipe and pull on it. Eventually I feel it begin to give, and the dragon's wings lose synchronization as I proceed to rip his tongue off. I hear a tearing sound as the tongue finally gives way, completely getting ripped out. The dragon whines in pain. I laugh like crazy.

"Oh man, I've never heard a dragon whine in my entire life. It's so pathetic it's funny!" I continue laughing, now swinging the dragons tongue all over the place. I stop and look down to see blood dripping from the dragons mouth. I grin, and hold the dragons tongue in front of his eyes.

"Aww, did the wittle gween dwagon woose his itty bitty tongue. I'm so sorry, here let me help you forget the pain." I smack the dragons eye with his tongue. "There, that better." The dragon breathes fire, probably cauterizing the wound. "Dammit, okay. Time to get serious." I smack the dragon in its eye with the tongue as hard as I can, making it loose full synchronization with the wings, and making us plummet to the ground. I grab onto another scale, thankfully this time it didn't fall off like the last one, which is...where did it go? Oh well, no time to worry now. The dragon and I hit the ground, the dragon being upside down. After we skid across the ground for a few hundred feet, I climb out from under him and let the now scratched, dented, and bent metal heal back into place. During that, I nodded to the unicorn who nodded and lit her horn. The dragon became surrounded by a red glow, and once it gained its senses again it began to flail around. I looked over to the mare to see her squinting and sweating like crazy. I need to do this fast. I run over and rip off one of its scales, and get on its underbelly right where the scales to the neck end. The magic around the dragons head dispersed, letting him move it freely. He lifted his head up and looked at me.

"You fool, you think you can kill me? I am a dragon, and you are nothing but a tin can." He laughed. "You have fought valiantly. Release me now and I will spare you and the mares life. I will find my food elsewhere." I didn't like his smile.

"Wait a minute, I ripped out your tongue. How are you talking?" The dragon sighed.

"Magic, now are you going to let me go or not." He was getting impatient, not good.

"Well, hmm lets see here. I could let you go, and then you'd go terrorize other places and eat other ponies to satisfy your craving. So, you know what I have to say to that?"

"What?" The dragon asked.

I walked up to him, making sure not to get off the soft underbelly. I promptly turned around and showed him my rear side. I bent over and pointed to my butt. "You can bite my shiny. Metal. ASS!" I pointed to my butt eat time I paused. The dragon roared and tried to get up again, but the pony was doing her job and keeping him still. He began breathing fire again. I got another Idea.

"Hey bud," I poked the dragons underbelly. He looked at me and took in a breath of air. "Think you could heat this up for me?" I lifted the scale. The dragon breathed fire at me again. I just simply moved to the right of the fire, leaving the scales tip in it. One he was done, the scales tip was an orange and red color. I smiled and the dragon looked at me again. "Thank you." I said in the best cheery voice I could pull of in this body. I proceeded to place the scale on what I thought was his heart. Then I jabbed it in, making it go in half way. The dragon roared in pain. I knew I had him now. I jumped up into the air and came down on the scale as hard as I could. The dragon roared, and his head went limp along with the rest of his flailing body. The red hue around him disappeared, and I jumped off the dragon. I landed with a thump, and I stood back up to my full 8 feet. I sighed as I relaxed my body. Yet again, my body let out a howling noise along with a cloud of stem. It kind of sounded like a wolf, but much more badass. The mare walked over to the dragon and began to poke it.

"Is, is it dead?" She looked over to me.

"Most definitely." She sighed.

"W-What are you?" My turn to sigh.

"I have no idea." Seriously, I don't know if I'm a robot, or something worse.

"W-Well, thank you for saving me." The mare trotted over to me. "Why are you so tall, and why do you only walk on two legs, and why do you have gems for eyes, and why do you release-" I lifted up a hand.

"Woah now, calm down. All questions will be answered shortly, unless your place is a long walk from here." The mare smiled.

"Oh no, its just down the path a little ways. My name is Scarlet Rose, what about you?" Well fuck. I didn't want to tell her my real name, so I guess I should tell her my 'given' name. I pointed to the right side of my chest.

"Names Colossus, you can call me that if you like." She nodded and smiled.

"Well Mr. Colossus, follow me." She trotted off into the woods again, me following behind her. Eventually, we came to a big, bustling city. I stopped and looked at all the tall buildings alongside all the pegasi in the air.

"W-What is this place?" It was magnificent to say the least. It was like Vegas back on earth, but without all the violence, drugs, and other things there.

"Ponies call it LP for short, but its actual name is Las Pegasus." I facepalmed.

"You've got to be kidding me." Scarlet laughed.

"Nope, now come on. We have to go the back way to my place to not get you noticed." Once again she led, and I followed. I could tell that this was going to be one long, stressful night.


Author here again. Okay, so if your wondering what the sound of the howling sounds like, its really similar to this.

Also, I suggest watching this anime, or at least giving it a try. It's actually a really good one. XD

Plus, I'm currently looking for an editor/ pre-reader who could help me with this story. These first few chapters were done without one, and I need one pretty bad. So, if you want to be an editor/ pre-reader, just message me.