• Published 26th Jul 2012
  • 1,740 Views, 33 Comments

Elements of Protection: Respect; Emotionless freak - Outlaw



An experiment gone wrong wanders around in Ponyville.

  • ...
2
 33
 1,740

Unformal formality

Unformal formality
Dear Twilight Sparkle:
Your newest discovery has certainly piqued my interest. I would like to have a talk with him and see if he's as dangerous as you say he is. I'll be arriving at Ponyville as soon as I can; I expect him to be treated like everyone else in the town. I'll expect a new friendship report soon, just so you know.
We will meet soon.
Princess Celestia
P.S: Try to stop Spike from trying out any more dangerous stunts to impress Rarity. I don't want to hear about another shark incident.
Twilight sat in her house and read the letter she received two days ago, during the strange and hectic weekend. From the manticore to Bloodbeast’s confession, she had never experienced anything crazier than that, and she was friends with Pinkie Pie.
Twilight didn't know if she could trust him, since he was created to destroy her mentor. She did, however, trust Celestia. Celestia was always making decisions, which mostly resulted in the safety of Equestria. Twilight knew that she would make the right call.
However, this was the time that the princess's arrival with her guards had been confirmed. She rose up from her spot and walked out of her door. It wasn’t raining, but it was still cloudy, thanks to Rainbow Dash's laziness. The street was packed as usual. Spike had taken Bloodbeast out for some ‘guy talk’ as he called it, and Twilight remembered that he had mentioned going over to Sugarcube Corner. She started to walk into the crowd to gather the crew.

"So yeah, the sharks went to hell." Spike said, with a nervous chuckle, as he took another sip of his soda.
"Serves you right, for kidnapping them from the zoo." Bloodbeast said with a shrug. "You should be glad that it wasn't worse."
"Heh, you sound like Twilight." Spike chuckled, before he put on a serious expression. "But I've got to ask you something, just between us guys."
Bloodbeast looked at Spike, ignoring Pinkie Pie in the background that gave him a wink. "Sure," he said."Ask away."
Spike sighed before he asked, "Should I forget about Rarity? I know that she's always kind to me and all, but it never really went further than a kiss on the cheek or a simple hug."
"Probably, but what would I know? I've never had any kind of romantic feeling.
The closest to a romantic act that I've ever done is to make out with that pink girl over there."
"Thanks man...WAIT WHAT?!!" Spike screamed out, in shock." YOU MADE OUT WITH PINKIE PIE?!!"
"Umm... Yeah, is it a bad thing?" Bloodbeast asked, toneless as usual.
"N-NO, BUT I THOUGHT YOU WERE EMOTIONLESS?!!" Spike asked again, still shocked from the news.

"You can tell her that. She got the jump on me." He responded calmly.
Spike looked in shock, disgust and amusement at Bloodbeast.
"That was supposed to be a joke." Bloodbeast said.
Spike stared at him before he broke out in a nervous chuckle. "Heheh, that was so bad it was actually kind of funny," Spike exclaimed nervously.
However, Bloodbeast just gave a shrug and took a sip from his mug of apple cider. "Alright, I'm not good at jokes, guess that covers happiness." Bloodbeast said after he finished his drink.

Spike had originally expected assassins to be fierce and violent if someone made fun of them. Bloodbeast was nothing like that. That was the problem, since he felt no fear or guilt, he could easily strike Spike down. Spike was scared of this guy but he also had respect for him. Even though that he had received a mark for being dangerous, he still helped out if he could. Bloodbeast was no hero, but he wasn't a bad guy either.
"Hey Spike and Bloodbeast!" Spike heard his mentor, Twilight Sparkle, say as she walked indoors of Sugarcube corners."Come on, Celestia will be here soon.".
"Sounds important," Bloodbeast responded.
"IMPORTANT!? Brony, it's a visit from the all-mighty Celestia," Spike said as they began to walk to the library." You better show some manners or else you'll end up on the moon.".
Bloodbeast looked straight out into the air, before he sighed and thought to himself, I'm so fucked.


The crew was gathered in the library, Applejack and Rarity had a discussion of a new dress that was made for farmers meanwhile Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash (mostly Dash) talked about the last couple of days. Twilight, Bloodbeast and Pinkie Pie sat in the sofa, in the middle of the library, and talked about Equestria.
"Just remember, don't talk about the day when she banished her sister to the moon!" Pinkie Pie repeated to help him.
"Sensitive subject, huh?"Bloodbeast notified, he knew that those things could come in handy." Understood."
"This is serious matters, don't you feel...nevermind" Twilight stopped before she made a fool out of herself.
"For being the smartest in the group, you certainly make some dumb mistakes." Bloodbeast said, to Twilight's frustration.
"What kind of dumb mistakes?" A soft, calm voice exclaimed as everyone turned around and faced the door.
Where their gazes fell, stood a tall alicorn with a white dress. Her coat was majestically white and on the top of her multi colored mane, there sat a golden crown.
Everyone rose up and bowed towards her, except Bloodbeast who just rose his hand and said, "Hi."
This caused a reaction in the room, a gray unicorn guard with a white mane burrowed his eyes into him. "How dare you address the princess in such a filthy way, don't you have any manners?" The unicorn said, as another unicorn, with two shades of blue in his mane and a white coat, shoved him a bit.
"Nope." Bloodbeast answered with a straight face.
A small laugh broke out in the room and Bloodbeast saw an amused look on Celestia's face. "I assume that you are Bloodbeast?" she asked as she made eye contact.
"Yeah that's me, the guy who was created to kill you," Bloodbeast said, as the guards reacted by putting their spears towards his throat.
Bloodbeast caused a shockwave in the spears by tapping at them lightly, then he grabbed them. He then tossed them up on top of a bookshelf, effectively and simply disarming the guards
"Don't worry, he's not going to kill me." The princess said calmly.
"Yeah, if I wanted to do that then I would have done it when you guys got in here." Bloodbeast said, ignoring everyone’s reactions.
Celestia looked around in the room, before she decided to have a chat alone with him. "Could everyone else besides me and Bloodbeast leave the room?" Celestia said.
"Princess, you can't trust hi-" Twilight and the white unicorn began.
"Please leave the room," Celestia repeated in a serious tone.
Everyone kept themselves quiet as they exited the room.
After the room was empty, Celestia eyed up the assassin and the calm smile was replaced with a face of worry. She were the first one to break the silence. "You are very honest for being an assassin."
"Why shouldn't I be?" Bloodbeast responded by sitting down with his hands together." If I have to tell everypony about myself then I'm ready for it."
"Can I ask you some questions?" Bloodbeast could tell that she didn't trust him, he didn't blame her though. He was created to kill her after all.
"Sure." he responded as he leaned back in his seat to make himself comfortable.
Celestia eyed him up before asking the first question. "Why Ponyville? Was it some hideout or a-"
Bloodbeast cut her off. "It was just a coincidence, I had no plan in living at any specific place."
"Alright, how is it possible for you to don't feel any emotions?" Celestia asked.
"They removed some parts in my brain that makes me feel those emotions." Bloodbeast responded.
Celestia sighed before asking the final question. "Why should I let you stay here in Ponyville and not take you as a prisoner?"
Bloodbeast just shrugged and pulled out the laptop from a bag on his shoulder.
"Well, I saved your life," he responded and sent the laptop over to Princess Celestia." And if you don't believe me, check that laptop, the password is ANTI-EQUESTRIAN."
Celestia stared at the laptop, before she opened it up and entered the password.
Twilight and her friends was chatting with her brother. "How do you think he's holding up here?" Her brother asked.
"I don't really trust him, he saved our lives but I don't really trust him." Twilight responded to everyones agreements, everyone except Pinkie Pie.
"He seems like a nice guy to me." she had barely kept herself on her hooves because of Bloodbeast's judgement. She was afraid that he could end up as a prisoner.
"What makes ya' say that Pinkie?" Applejack asked her friend.
"Uhm well..." Pinkie pie stuttered.
Luckily, she was saved by the appearance of Bloodbeast and the princess. Everyone was quiet when Celestia spoke up. "I've decided to let him stay." She spoke in her formal voice."But, I want weekly reports on how he contain his powers, understood Twilight?"
"Yes, I'll do that Princess Cel..." She began before Pinkie jumped into the air.
"OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH, I ALMOST FORGOT!!!" she screamed before she darted away in incredible speed. She had been so busy with today that she almost forgot her ritual for every new visitor.
The welcome party.

Author's Note:

Once again, thanks for editing my story "Black Lightning"!