• Published 30th Nov 2011
  • 1,518 Views, 19 Comments

Going insane - Pony



~FIRST PERSON~ Human turned pony in Equestria story.

  • ...
 19
 1,518

Chapter 1

I woke up in a patch of soft grass, well I wouldn’t call it soft; it was dry and had an incredible amount of pointy sticks jabbing into my back and head. I sat up and winced in pain from my uncomfortable muscles finally being used mixed with the pain from the sticks removing themselves from my skin. I looked around at my surrounding and saw I was inside a dark dungeon, ruined by years of moss and decay. I looked behind me and my eyes went wide in shock as I saw large amounts of blood plastered against the stone. I saw limbs hanging from the roof, I tried to scream but I was too shocked to even move, let alone say anything. I stared at the horror before me, my mouth agape. I stumbled backwards against a cold metal surface, I spun around a saw a door. I rushed out and took a deep breath to get rid of the smell that was behind me. I turned to look at the building; it was small, about twice the size of an outhouse. I took a step back in shock as I saw something inscribed onto the wall. I shook my head and blinked a few times as I read it over and over again. I began to feel light-headed, I turned to run, but something kept me still, my legs unable to move as I constantly read and read and read...

It said Alex Mertlock.

--------

I suddenly shot up from my sleep. I kept having the same nightmare over and over again. It’s never changed for 3 years. I guess I should tell you about myself. My name is Alex Mertlock, I’m sixteen years old, I’m 6’4, which is quite tall, I’m aware of; I live in Victoria, Australia; but I came over here from Ireland when I was eleven. I have dark brown hair and I’m quite thin, but not weak or unfit. Some people say I have hollow eyes, but I don’t think they’re that hollow, I have high cheekbones and a thin face. One more thing, I’m an avid viewer of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. The main reason I watch it is because it takes my mind off the violence and hate that surrounds me.

I got out of bed and started to get dressed. My life wasn’t that amazing, nor was it that good. My dad died when I was 4 and my mum has been taking care of me ever since, but I hardly ever see her these days, and she never tells me where she goes. I sighed and picked up my iPod and pack of cigarettes, yes, I’m aware that smoking is bad at such a young age, but it certainly relieved a lot of stress. After getting dress, I headed downstairs to get something to eat. I scratched my head, wondering what to have; I then opened the fridge to see if there’s anything tasty, I picked up a carton of juice and take a swig of it, then I shut the fridge door and went over to the pantry to grab a packet of chips. After I finished eating my reasonably unhealthy breakfast, I open the door to go outside. I took a step outside and looked around; it looks more different than usual; buildings that weren’t there yesterday, trees that I never remembered being there before, the run down warehouse down the street is gone. I shrugged and started my walk, staring at the new scenery. I sighed in frustration, I was quite a lazy person and only be bothered doing something if it were important or urgent. As I was walking I tripped, distracted by my music and the different surroundings; the last thing I saw was the ground rushing towards my face before I got knocked out.

I woke up laying on the hard concrete ground. My vision was blurry and I blinked a few times. I waved a hand in front of my face, but all I saw was a olive green blob. I frowned and stared at the blob, it slowly came into focus and I yelped in shock at what I saw was not a hand, but a hoof. I stared at it for what felt like hours, yet was only a few seconds. What the hell? I got up and stumbled, not used to this new body. Am I a pony? What’s my cutie mark? Am I a pegasus or a unicorn? All these thoughts ran through my mind. I checked my flank and saw I single red drop as a cutie mark. Is that a drop of blood? I shrugged, then felt my head, feeling a horn. “I’m a unicorn!” I loudly exclaimed, then I turned and saw a pony frowning at me. I smiled awkwardly and took a few steps back out of view. I then sat down and yawned, wondering how I got here. My head hurt, my vision wasn’t too good, I was tired and I was sore. I pulled out my cigarettes Well, at least they’re st- I stopped my thoughts and stared at where I pulled out the cigarettes. I scratched my head in confusion, I then gave up on how things worked in Equestria. (Yes, I give up that quickly). I lit my cigarette with a lighter that I pulled out as well.
“Whatever that fire-stick is, it smells awful.” I craned my neck to look behind myself to see a purple pony that looked extremely familiar. I let out a fan-girl scream in my head Twilight Sparkle! I gazed at her, my cigarette loosely hanging out of my mouth.
“Are you okay?” she asked. I blinked in a few times, taking in what I saw, I then came to my senses.
“I.. uh.. Yeah, I’m fine, thanks, and sorry it smells bad, not too much I can do about it,” I chuckled awkwardly, glancing in different directions. I decided not to let her know that I know her or it may cause me to talk for a long time, which I don’t like doing. I’m a person of little words, yet a wild imagination that flies off in horrible directions, leading to bad thoughts and those bad thoughts leading to horrible actions.
“Well, if you could put that thing out, please, before I die of lack of oxygen.” she glared at me.
“I’d rather not, it helps relieve stress and stops me from getting angry.” I replied. She stared at me like I was crazy.
“Something wrong?” I questioned.
“Your eyes have no pupils.”