• Published 8th Dec 2016
  • 999 Views, 7 Comments

A Flash Of Memory - Timelordderpy

  • ...
2
 7
 999

A Normal Day Into A Horrible Nightmare

What started out as a normal day... in a flash… became a horrible nightmare.


The sun rose, signalling the beginning of the day. Sunlight shone through a window brightening up the room of which a blue haired guitar player slept.. Flash Sentry shuffled under his covers, peaked out from the sheets and pushed the blankets off of him running his hand through his messy bed head. Swinging his legs over the bed and pushed himself up and off the bed opened his bedroom door and headed to the bathroom.

“Sup bro!”

Flash Sentry’s little brother First Base greeted his big brother stepping out of his own room and walked next to Flash.

“Mornin little bro.”

Flash replied speeding up a little in his steps his little brother increased the speed in his steps as well. Both brothers gave each other a competitive grin and broke into a sprint racing to the bathroom. Flash gave his brother another grin and sped up to the door grabbed it’s knob and turned to face First Base.

“Better luck next time little bro.”

He chuckled and closed the door behind him First Base stomped his foot annoyed that he lost again to his big brother and stomped off to his parents bedroom to shower.

. . .

After about 2 hours Flash Sentry stepped out of the bathroom fully dressed and his hair neatly combed. He turned headed down the stairs.

FWOOSH!

A small orange and blue blob zipped past him, his little brother First Base had hopped up on the stair rails and was now at the end of the steps. Grinning at Flash, he dashed off to the kitchen for breakfast. Seconds later, Flash stepped into the kitchen and saw his mom Sparks Eternity at the stove fixing his favorite buttermilk pancakes with bacon and eggs. He then took a seat next to his dad who was reading the newspaper. His little brother sat across from him chowing down on pancakes.

“Good morning Sweetie. I made your favorite this morning.”

His mom walked up to the table and set Flash’s breakfast in front of him.

“Thanks mom it looks good.”

Flash picked up his fork and started eating.

. . .

After breakfast was finished Flash Sentry and First Base grabbed their backpacks off the couch and headed for the door with their parents right behind them. Flash opened the front door, but before he stepped out, Flash turned around and gave his mom a kiss on the cheek.

“Bye mom! See ya later.”

Then turned back heading off to school while First Base started to run after him, he stopped when his mom called out to him.

“Aren’t you forgetting something dear?”

First Base groaned with embarrassment ran back to his mom gave her a quick peck on cheek.

“Bye mom!”

and turned around again racing after his big brother.

“Hey bro! Wait for me!”

. . .

At school the bell has just rang and all the students were filing into the building heading to their classes. Except for one group of boys waiting at the front doors for their friend to show up. Seconds later Flash Sentry and First Base appeared running up the steps and stopped in front of the group, Thunderbass was the first to greet them.

“Right on time as always Flash.”

Walking up to his friend’s side setting an arm on Flash’s shoulder.

“Hey! You know me I’m never late for anything.”

Flash shrugged his shoulders.

“Hey! What’s going on Squirt!”

Crimson Napalm knelt down and fist bumped First Base.

“Nothing much.” First Base replied.

“So Flash, you up for some band practice at my place?”

Flash turned to Brawly Beats and started to scratch the back of his neck realizing that he hadn't told his friends yet.

“Yeah right...Sorry Beats I forgot to tell you guys that I won’t be able to make band practice today.”

“And why is that?”

Ringo asked. Flash never skipped band practice.

“Because I had offered to help the janitor clean up after school. The guy has really been working hard to keep this place clean for us. And I know that it takes a lot of work to clean up a school this big. So I decided to lend him a helping hand he really needs it.”

“Wow that is really generous. You've got a lot of love in you man.”

Sandalwood gave Flash a well deserved pat on his back.

“Thanks dude.”

“I agree it is a very noble action..but..um if we don't get moving we’re going to be late.”

Micro Chip pointed out to his friends, they all gasped and rushed inside the building.

. . .

The rest of the day goes by as usual Flash sat through his first three classes. The lunch bell rang and everyone headed to the cafeteria. After getting his lunch and stepping out of line Flash headed over to the table with his friends all sitting there waiting for him. Setting his tray down on the table and set down next to the guys and began chatting. They went on talking until the lunch period ended. Flash sat through his last three classes until the end of school. He decided to wait in the library until it closed at that time the school was completely empty.

...

“Library’s closed Flash.”

Miss Cheerilee walked up to Flash as he was reading a magazine.

“Oh thanks Miss Cheerilee.”

He closed his magazine and put it back in it’s proper place, grabbed his backpack and headed out the library with Miss Cheerilee walking next to him. She closed the doors and locked them and Flash walked with her to the front entrance. Before leaving she turned to Flash a proud look on her face

“I think what you're doing is very kind and generous you should be proud of yourself.”

“Thank you.”

Flash’s cheeks start to turn red as he watched Miss Cheerilee leave the school grounds, then he turned and headed towards the janitor’s office. He opened the door and stepped inside

“Hello! Mr. Robert? It’s Flash.”

A tall man was bent over his cart organizing his cleaning supplies, he turned around as soon as Flash called out

“Ah Flash it’s good to see you. And thanks again for offering to help me clean up.”

“It’s nothing Robert I’m happy to help you out.”

Robert walked over to Flash putting both hands on his shoulders and looked him in the eyes an extremely grateful look on his face

“Really.. Thank you.”

Flash placed his hands gently on Robert’s

“You’re welcome.”

They both headed over to the cart gathered up the cleaning supplies and headed out into the hall walking over to the first classroom.

. . .

A few hours later, Flash waved goodbye to Mr.Robert as he steps inside his car. The two had just finished cleaning the entire school and were now heading home.

“Goodbye Robert! See you tomorrow.”

"Goodbye Flash! I really appreciated the help.”

Flash gave him a full hearted smile and turned around heading home. Feeling proud that he had helped out a friend who really needed it. The street were always so quiet this time of night there was hardly ever anyone out at this time.

Meow!

Flash stopped dead in his tracks. Right there in front of him sitting on the sidewalk was a tiny little orange tabby kitten. The little kitten was just staring up at Flash.

“Well hey there little guy. And what are you doing out here all by yourself?”

He bent down and slowly brought his hand to the cat’s head and gently started petting him.

Purrrr

The little kitten moved closer to Flash feeling very relaxed with the soft touches it was happy with how gentle Flash was. He gave a light chuckle at how the cat was so comfortable around him, a complete stranger. The little kitten lifted up his neck and Flash noticed that he didn't have a collar. A thought popped into his head

“I’m sure mom and dad wouldn't mind having a pet. What do you say little guy? Wanna come home with me?”

Suddenly the cat’s ears perked up and he quickly took off into a nearby alley.

“Guess not.”

A disappointed look on his face as he watched the little kitten disappear down the alley. Standing up he dusted off his pants.

HONK!!!

Flash quickly turned around but it was too late...

CRASH!!!

. . .

(Sirens sounding)

Ugh....uh….w-what….what...just...happened? Where...where am I? Why does my head hurt so bad…

“Hello? Son? Can you hear me?”

A voice called out, his vision a complete blur but Flash could make out what appeared to be two large figures hovering over him. His head hurt too much to respond, he tried moving his hand to rub his it. But he couldn't seem to feel them or his legs, he could barely even open his eyes.

W-what’s going on? Why can’t I feel anything?

As the pain increased Flash’s head started buzzing. His bones felt like they’ve been pounded into dust. Lungs feeling as though they’ve been crush. It was very difficult for him to breath.

“Bring the stretcher over here and let’s get him inside!”

The voice shouted and the two figures disappeared. Hearing the sound of wheels rolling closer they returned, one of them wrapped something around Flash’s neck and he could feel himself being lifted up and onto something soft. The two paramedics set Flash on the gurney wheeled him up and into the ambulance. Once inside he felt something being placed over his mouth and nose, and not long after started to feel air and could breath a little easier.

Wait… is this an… oxygen mask?...W-what….is….happen...ing

Suddenly Flash started feeling very tired...and then… darkness.

. . .


RING!! RING!!

“ Hello?”

Kurt Marshall had come down from the stairs and answered the phone.

“ Yes that’s me...”

Kurt’s expression suddenly turned scared.

“Y-Yes I understand...Alright we’ll be right there...Yes thank you for calling.”

He hung up the phone, buried his face in his hands and started to cry.

Why? Of all the nights.. Why tonight?

Kurt wiped away his tears, grabbed his cell phone and turned around calling for his wife and son to come downstair and headed for the door.

. . .

RING!! RING!!

Thunderbass was in his room sitting at his desk. He had finished up all his homework when suddenly his phone started ringing, looking at the caller ID it’s...

… Kurt Marshall? Flash’s dad? Wonder why he’s calling?

Picking up the phone he pressed ANSWER and held it up to his ear.

Hey?”

Kurt informed Thunderbass that Flash had just been in an accident and is at the hospital right now. Because of how close Flash and Thunderbass are out of all their friends Kurt felt that he should know what happened. Knowing Thunderbass, he would be letting all of Flash’s friends, including the girls know what happened.