• Published 9th Dec 2016
  • 2,934 Views, 50 Comments

'The Flash' meets 'The Dash' - Silver Inkwell



When the Flash ends up in the world of Equestria due to his speed he will have to try to find his way back home with the help of all the other ponies, but can he make it back home or will he have to stay in this new strange foreign land?

  • ...
15
 50
 2,934

Meeting Sunset and The Sirens

Meanwhile Back in the Human World of Equestria…

Barry came through the portal mirror on the other side and he was surprised to find that the gateway back was carefully and very smartly and cleverly hidden away in a statue of a horse, how fitting, he thought, and whether it was by chance, luck, fate, or destiny, he did not know, but it was still ironic.

What he was even more surprised abut was about the rapid greeting that he got and received from a girl who was conveniently sitting beside it (almost as if she was waiting for him, or even expecting him). “Well hello there, stranger,” she said offering a hand to him, “Welcome to this new world, I’m sure that you’re confused but your questions will have to wait until later, right now all you need to know is that my name’s Sunset Shimmer, what’s yours?”

“Barry Allen,” he said, “And were you waiting for me, or even expecting me?”

“Yes actually, I was, Princess Celestia sent me a message through this book that I have, she warned me that you might be coming, and that I should be prepared just in case you came, and now you’re here so that’s good, I guess.”

“Well it’s not good for me, this still isn’t my home, and now I’ll have to go back.”

“Wait, please don’t go, not yet, there’s still a small slight chance that this could be your real home, I mean you haven’t even explored the place yet, so how could you know that this isn’t your home? There’s still a chance.

Why don’t you try sticking up for something once in your life rather than running away from it? Face your fears, be brave, and conquer the past.”

“Look, unless you have a Central City, or New York City or something like that, then I don’t think this is it either, this place, this world, this land, it still feels cartoonish to me, and that is the best word to describe it, so I’m sorry.”

“Wait,” she said, “Celestia said that I should try to help you get home, and I will, and while I don’t believe that there is any city called Central City, I do believe that there may be another way to get you home, but it won’t be easy.”

“Of course it won’t be, why would it ever be? But what’s this way to get me home that you speak of? I mean not to be offensive but you don’t look like the kind of person to know many people that are scientists that could help me get home, but I could be wrong, after all, looks aren’t everything, am I right?”

“You’re right, but you see, the way I have in mind, it doesn’t involve science as much as magic, though I do have another good friend who deals in both.”

“Who is this friend of yours that deals both in the art of science and magic?”

“Why that would be Twilight Sparkle of course, the smartest girl I ever knew.”

“You mean the Princess, or do you mean a human here on this world?”

“Both actually, both know science and magic, though I do have to admit at times they sometimes seem to know more about one subject than I do.”

“Well that’s convenient, I can’t wait to meet the human version of her.”

“Well we’re not actually going to see her, we’re going to see someone else instead, and they won’t be friendly, in fact they’re more of an enemy rather.”

“Great, just what I like, dealing with the villains, who are we seeing anyways?”

“Let’s just say that they’re a group of teenage girls that are more than they seem, at least by the appearance anyways, and let’s also say that if you listened to their voices or song, you would probably fall under their spell.”

And with that said they went on their way to meet their enemy (and you should probably already know who it is after my clues/hints, but in case you don’t), and there they stood, The Dazzlings, or at least that’s what they were used to being called, at least when they were in the ‘Battle of the Bands’, but who knew if they still used that name anymore or what they were called anymore at all, you would have to ask them for that, but who would want to anymore.

The three of them stood in line at a taco stand shop, or rather it was Sonata who stood in line with anticipation and expectation while the other two stood beside her with annoyed looks on their faces, and as they got closer Barry could start to hear that they were all arguing about something different.

“Sonata, I have told you a million times, you must stop this crazy obsession over tacos, honestly it was cute when you first started, but now it’s annoying.”

“Adagio, I can’t help it,” Sonata said, “I just love the smell of them, the taste of them, the feel of them, I just love everything about them, don’t you get that?”

“Not really,” Adagio said, “Me personally, I would rather TRY TO FIGURE OUT A WAY HOME RATHER THAN WASTE MY TIME EATING TACOS INSTEAD!”

The last part was shouted in anger as her voice and tone got louder.

“You don’t need to shout Adagio, I want to go home too, but you know that we can’t, that wizard made sure that we can never reopen that portal gateway, and you also know that the only way home is guarded by our enemies sadly and unfortunately enough, if there was any other way than we would already be there, and speaking of enemies I think that one is standing behind you.”

And with that said the three girls turned around to face them and they all now stood in the direction Sonata faced, and then Adagio was the first one to speak up, “Well look what we have here, if it isn’t Sunset Shimmer and a stranger.

What are you here for? Have you come to taunt us, gloat? Well guess what, we don’t care, it doesn’t matter what you say, words have no power over us, but our words do have power over you, or at least they used to, and you of all people should know that the most, so I must ask, what are you doing here?”

“We have come to ask for your help in something,” Sunset Shimmer said.

“Wait, let me get this straight, after defeating us, humiliating us, you come back here and now to us, to ask us for help? You must be stupid or crazy.”

“Or perhaps maybe it is a little bit of both instead,” she said, “Just please listen, if you don’t want to help us then I can understand why you would.”

“We don’t want to help you at all, not ever after what you did to us, but we are curious about the stranger, who is he, where does he come from, why is here?”

“Well he’s actually from another world, not this one, and not Equestria either, a new one instead, completely different and new, one with humans like this one.”

“Oh, really?” Adagio asked with a devious smile on her face, “Go on then.”

“Well we were wondering if you knew the spell that Star Swirl used on you.”

“Oh Sunset, what makes you think that even if we did want to help you, which we don’t by the way, what makes you think that we would ever tell you that?

Assuming of course that we even did know it and assuming that we could also remember it after all these years being in banishment and exile?”

“Okay,” she said, “Look, just tell me what you want and then I’ll do my best to get it for you and then you can tell us what we want to know, is that a deal?”

“Fine,” Adagio said, “What we want is to go back home to Equestria.”

“Not a chance in hell, that idea or suggestion shouldn’t even be on the table.”

“Well then, there’s no deal at all, after all, that’s the only thing that we want, right girls? To be free of this desolate land without any kind of real magic?”

“Right,” the other girl said, but Sonata on the other hand remained silent.

“Sonata, you haven’t said anything, why won’t you answer my question?”

“Well Adagio, freedom isn’t the only thing that I want or need, this land, I may not love it, but I don’t hate it as much as I used to either, in fact I think that I’m actually starting to like it, it has good things, like tacos for example.”

“Again, enough with the taco obsession, its becoming cliché now, but how can you say that? Don’t you want to go home more than anything else that’s here?”

“Well, yes, but what if we can never get home Adagio? We can’t live forever, especially not in these forms or shapes, and if we can’t ever get home again, well I just don’t want all my years of trying to get back there to be a waste, I would rather have some time having fun and enjoying myself rather than being miserable and pursuing a pointless quest that will eventually fail in the end.”

“I can’t believe that I’m actually hearing this right now, I mean how could you even say this? You’re actually starting to sound like… like one of them!”

“Well it’s true! I do think that having friends and having fun and being happy is important, after all, if you can’t have fun and enjoy life, then why live it at all? You just want to focus on something that may never come true at all! You pursue this dream of yours, which is good, but you also have to know which dreams to let live, and also which ones that you should eventually kill too.

And besides, the only way that we can ever possibly go home is if we reform to their ways, their laws, their customs, their traditions, their thoughts, their ideas, their dreams, there is no other way, at least not one by force anyways.”

Adagio growled in frustration and shook her hands in anger at this statement, “Well if that’s the way that you really feel, then we’re not friends anymore! In fact I don’t think that we were ever friends to start with at all! I think that we were more of partners or acquaintances instead, don’t you agree?”

“I do,” Sonata said, “I really do, and that’s really the saddest thing of all too.”

And with that said Adagio started to leave them, “Come Aria, we’re leaving them behind, they don’t need us anymore, now with her to help them.”

But Aria, the only other girl left, the only one who hadn’t spoke, hesitated.

“Come on Aria, we’ve got to go,” Adagio said, and then she noticed her stance, “Please don’t tell me that you have the same views that she does, please don’t.”

“Well I don’t know,” she said, “I mean I do want to go home as much as you do, but I’m also not so sure that we’re doing it in the right way, not anymore.”

“Well if you want to stay with these losers than be my guest, but if you ever want a chance to go back home, and do it my way, then you’ll come with me.”

But Aria stood still, “I’m sorry, I just don’t have enough faith in you anymore.”

“Fine then, be that way, I don’t need you anymore anyway, I never needed you.”

And with that said Adagio went off away all on her own, and only four of them remained behind, two of the so called enemy, and Barry and Sunset too.

“Well then, it looks like that we have people that can actually be reasoned with,” Sunset Shimmer said looking at the two of them “Want to talk?”

“Yes,” Sonata said, “But only if you’re willing to listen to me, unlike what Adagio does, she never listens, not really anyways, she always ignores us.”

“Yeah,” Aria said, “And after a while, it kind of gets lonely being ignored, especially all the time, and now, well it’s just not worth being hated anymore.”

“Well it looks like you seemed like you have learned a lesson of friendship well.

But tell me this, do you remember or know the spell that he used on you?”

“Yes, we do, but we want still want something in return for it,” Sonata said.

“And don’t worry, it’s a small simple request, and doesn’t friendship and trust work both ways? You need to trust that I will tell you the truth, and I need to trust you that I can make some new friends and not be hated by them either.”

“You’re right, friendship and trust does work both ways, what do you want?”

“Well I was thinking about tacos, so how about free tacos, for a whole entire year, does that seem fair to you? Remember, this is my best deal yet so far.”

Sunset had a look on her face of consideration, and then after some time she finally sighed and said, “You drive a hard bargain, but I guess it is a deal.”

“Good then,” Sonata said shaking hands with her, “The words that he used was this: Go to that which and where no pony can ever be reached, yet somewhere within sight and mind, and never shall the safety of it be breached, and with this do I bind. Never shall you return to this land, cursed is your blood and fate, should you ever return friendships will not stand, and so this do I must state.

A land without magic, a land without that which you know, a new and different land, one that has fates most tragic, and so you must go, for this land must stand. And even if in the end, your band is broken, I this land will defend, and so this do I say, for all that is done and that will be done must be spoken.

May you remember this well, and learn from my words today, for if you do not, then never can nor shall you return, this I can tell, you cannot stay, but soon you will learn that all may have their time and second chances in their own turn.

And that’s all he said, or at least I think so, I’m not exactly sure about that.”

“I’m pretty sure that you got it right,” Aria said, “That’s how I remember it.”

“Thanks Aria,” Sonata said, “Now then, how about that first free taco?”

“Well then, thanks, but are you sure that this was all that was said then?”

“Like we said, I am positive, and if I am wrong, well ask the wizard instead, now come on, there’s a free taco ticket card ride that I’m going to use.”

And with that said Sonata hustled Sunset into the line and got a free taco.

“Mmm… this is good,” Sonata said between bites of the taco, “Thanks very mmm… very much,” and with that the four of them went on their way.

“Thank you for all the help too,” Sunset said, “And I couldn’t be more proud of you two, and I also can’t wait to tell the princess of this new development.”

“Well don’t embarrass us too much, we have had enough of that or our lives.”

“Don’t worry, I won’t embarrass you guys, I’ll just tell her the whole entire truth as it is, nothing more, nothing less, other than my thoughts and ideas too.”

“Well then, nice talking with you, but how about we go see your friends now?”

“Alright then,” Sunset said, “We’ll go, but don’t expect an open greeting.”

“I would be very surprised if there were any, and by the way, what’s with the suit? You never told me or us the name of this stranger and why he’s dressed this way, I mean is he going to some kind of party or something or what?”

“Yes, he’s going to a party,” Sunset said not sure how to lie about this exactly.

“Okay then, if you say so,” and with that said the four of them went on their own ways, and it took them quite some time for them to get to her other friends, but at least they were easy to locate and very convenient in the band room, and there they stood, all six girls, each one unique, different, and special, each one having something (other than looks) to stand apart from the rest of the crowd, (and of course everyone does at the very end of the day).

“Well hello there Sunset, we were just working on our music,” Applejack said, “And I see that you have… guests… that… you… brought… over… here.

But… what… are… they… doing… here… exactly?” she asked emphasizing the word ‘they’, as if it was a bad thing, and Barry could tell there was tension there in the air, the whole entire room felt like it could erupt at any moment.

“They are here because they want to be here, they’re ready to repent from their past mistakes, if you’ll just give them a chance they can show you how ready they are, I mean we are the group of second chances, right girls, right?”

“Right,” they said in unison, “Except that we just don’t know if we’re ready for them, I mean the band has enough members already, and our group too.”

“Look, if you don’t give them a chance, then they’ll never learn or grow.”

“I guess you’re right, well then, welcome to the group girls, hope that you like us and that we like you and that you won’t cause any trouble either, and be polite and nice and have some manners too, and wash your hands too, if you can do all that without complaining or whining, we’ll get along just fine.”

“You seem very demanding to me,” Sonata said, “I don’t like demanding people, I’ve had enough of it from Adagio, and I don’t want it anymore, okay?”

“Okay then,” Applejack said, “Then consider it a request rather than a demand, one that would be very favorable in your condition to do and not ignore instead, but if you have any problems at all, talk to Sunset first, and then the group.”

“Alright then, calm down, I’m not planning on causing any trouble, but I do plan on eating some tacos while I am here, I just love tacos, I love everything about them, their taste, their smell, their feel, just everything about them.”

“Okay we get it, you love tacos, now can you please shut up now?”

“Sorry,” Sonata said very shyly as she backed up and away into a corner.

“Now then, has anybody seen Twilight? Any by the way where is Rainbow?”

“Twilight went to study in her new room and Rainbow Dash went out for some pizza, she should be back here in a flash, Applejack said to her in response.

“Fine then, I’ll go get Twilight myself, and when Rainbow gets back tell her that I need to talk to her about something very important, in private, all alone.”

“Well, okay then,” Applejack said knowing that it could only be a serious matter of great importance if she wanted to talk to Rainbow Dash all alone.

“Well then, that’s good, we’ll be going now, but Sonata and Aria will be staying behind, is that fine with you or will I need to just make other arrangements instead?” she asked with a posture of demanding authority as if she was challenging the room to speak back or talk to her, but no one spoke up.

“Alright then,” she said, “Make yourselves comfortable girls, you’ll be staying here for a very long time, oh, and don’t touch anything that’s not yours.”

And with that said Barry and Sunset left the room together heading down the school hallway in a rushed pace of great importance and hurry as well too.

Author's Note:

Don't worry, Barry will meet Rainbow Dash soon enough.

Next Chapter: Meeting Twilight Sparkle
Chapter after that: Meeting The Dash

So please stay tuned for more!