• Published 1st Jul 2012
  • 2,021 Views, 88 Comments

A Reason for Living - leeroc101



I try to include all suggestions. And I bring the Equestria to Earth.

  • ...
8
 88
 2,021

Not surprised

Hey, everypony!

Sorry this took so long to get out. It's been like... 2 weeks, right? Yeah... I've been crazy busy. Working 40 hours weeks as a part-timer for the Fourth of July, then parties, then Connecticon, then my birthday (which I spent at Connecticon). But now I'm back and I should be back to a normal schedule. I'll update AT LEAST once a week, hopefully twice now that the story is going to start going somewhere. So... yeah! Enjoy!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"DAMN IT!! Really? I missed a song?! That's like... the worst thing EVER!"

They all broke their poses, a little confused. Applejack stepped forward. "Sorry, Sugarcube. But ah'm sure you'll catch the next one. Pinkie Pie tends to do that sorta thing rather often."

"Yeah!" Exclaimed Rainbow. "I'm sure you'll be there for the next one."

I sighed. "Fine. The next one then." Obviously, I was still mad at myself for missing a song. But, both Rainbow and Applejack said I'd be there for the next one. How long did they plan on staying here? "So, you're all here to see the wonders of the human world. But, I have no idea what to show you or how to do it without anyone seeing you. Any ideas?"

My sister jumped up. "Let's go to the amusement park!"

"That... is an awesome and terrible idea. I would love to take them to the amusement park, but getting them on rides without anyone seeing them? They'd have to be invisible."

"Or human!" Twilight walked over to me. She gave me a sniff, then started to walk around me slowly.

"Uh, Twi? What in the hay are you doin'?" asked Applejack.

"Yes, I think I can handle that," she answered. Right, well, that answers that. "A transformation spell! I'll just turn us all into humans for the day!"

"Woah woah woah. You can do that?" I asked.

"I got us all here, didn't I? If I can teleport a bunch of ponies to a different world, I think I can change our appearance a little."

"And this is safe? The spell won't wear off during the day or be permanent or hurt anyone?"

"No, of course I won't hurt anypony. Like I said, I got us all here just fine. Which reminds me, I think Fluttershy would feel a little left out if we didn't bring her along. I'll go get her and we can be on our way!"

"Wait, Twi, I think you should..." *Pop* "...and she's gone. Well, what should we go in the..." *Pop* "...and she's back again? How...?"

"I'm back!" And so she was. With Fluttershy right behind her. Oh, good lord, don't yell. Don't yell. Do. Not. "FLUTTERSHY!!" Well done, brain. Well done.

"Eeep!" Fluttershy squeaked and hid even further behind Twilight. Of course she would be afraid, idiot. I may be an animal, but that doesn't mean she's going to be all friendly to me. There was the dragon thing... "Sorry! Sorry, Fluttershy, I didn't mean to scare you." I was trying to be a quiet and kind sounding as possible.

Rainbow Dash flew over to her side with a wing over her for comfort. "Yeah, Fluttershy, he's cool. He let us stay here last night after I... Umm... ended up here... somehow."

"You hit 88mph." I responded, deadpan.

"88?! I was going WAY faster than-"

"Yes, I know, I just like saying it. Basically, you were going so fast, you broke the barrier between the dimensions."

"I did?! I mean, of course I did! I AM the fastest pegasus in all of Equestria, after all."

"Yes, that is absolutely amazing. Don't do it again."

"What?! Why not?! That's SO AWESOME!"

Oh my god, she did the 'So Awesome" thing. That was SO... wait a second... "I'm serious. You do it again, who knows where you'll end up! We all got lucky that you ended up here this time, but next time you could end up somewhere way more dangerous. Like a planet full of volcanoes. Or in space!" Space. "If you ended up in space, you'd die instantly!"

Rarity jumped off my sister's bed and came over. "Yes, Rainbow. Please, do us all a favor and refrain from breaking the universe and endangering yourself like that. It's bad enough we have to watch you crash into trees and buildings all over Equestria."

"Hey! I don't do it all the time! I'm just doing some really tough tricks and they don't always work out the way I want." She was turning visibly pink.

That's odd. I watched the whole first season last night and then some and I can count on one hand the number of times she blushed. Even when she won the Young Flyers Competition, I don't think she blushed. Hmm, must just be a side affect of being in our world. She probably would have done it way more often if it wasn't a cartoon.

"Dash, it's fine. You can keep doing those tricks." The other ponies (minus Derpy) gave me really dirty looks. "What? She's not going to get better if she doesn't push herself and try new things. From an athlete's point of view, you can't be satisfied doing things you know you can do." They all relaxed a bit, knowing I was right. I'd almost forgotten Derpy was there until now.

She sat quietly near the corner of the room ever since I came back in and they stopped singing. She was inspecting a few of my sister's dolls. We all seemed to be distracted together. A quick glance around showed everyone in the room now looking at Derpy. Not that she noticed. She just went on, making them hop around on the floor, making bubbly and vroomy noises. I heard Twilight let out a little giggle and Derpy finally noticed us all staring at her. As she looked around the room, her eyes which usually looked in their respective directions, (Left looked left, right looked right) crossed and uncrossed as they looked at each pony individually before finally, they both fell on me. She looked like a deer in headlights, but somehow, she didn't seem upset like she did before.

"Enjoying my sister's dolls, Derpy?"

"Mmhmm!" She nodded happily.

"Well, alright then." Welp! My life is complete. I keep saying I've never seen anything cuter and yet, they continue to up the bar. I'm going to die of cuteness overload. And you know what? I think I'll be okay with that. Now, weren't we talking about something more important than this like....

"Humans! Twilight, didn't you say you could change all of you into humans for the day?"

"Oh, right. Yes, I should be able to change us all into humans for the day. And no, the spell is 'permanent', but only until I change us back. That just means that even if I fall asleep or something, we'll all stay humans."

"You're sure? I don't want to end up having to cover up a pony sighting."

"No, I'm quite sure," answered Twilight. "It won't be a problem. But before we go, what exactly IS an amusement park?"

"It's... well, honestly, I'd rather it all be a surprise. I promise, you'll have fun. I think Dash will like it the most. Anyway, let's get ready to go, shall we?" Oh, god, there are eight of us plus my sister. That's nine tickets I'm going to have to pay for. Nine times $35... Well, it's be worth my savings to have a day with them before they leave and to see their faces on each ride.

"Wait, wait, wait." Rarity was unhappy. "I'm not going to go anywhere unless I have some things with me. Even as a human, I want to look my best. Twilight, would you be a dear and take me back to Equestria to get a few things?"

"Sure, Rarity." She turned to me. "We'll be right back!"

"Okay, but could you just-" *Pop* "...and she's gone again. Why don't we go out to the living room where there-" *Pop* "... and she's back again. With a pile of stuff." Rarity's 'a few things' must have consisted of half her wardrobe. She had four HUGE suitcases now on the floor behind her. Well, they were on the stuff on the floor behind her. My sister's room wasn't exactly clean to begin with. And now, we had 7 ponies in the room, plus my sister and myself and SOMEHOW, Derpy found her way into my sister's Lego's in the closet and figured out how they worked right away. She had already made herself a Lego muffin. Perfect.

"Rarity, that's a bit much. Besides, you're going to be human. I doubt you'll be able to wear any of that stuff."

"Oh, I know, but I simply couldn't leave with these things. A girl needs a few things to keep herself looking her best."

"Alright, well, Twilight? Humanize everyone, if you please?" To say I'm looking forward to this would be a gross understatement.

"Wait! We almost forgot Spike!"

"Alright, why don't you-" *Pop* "...go get him. Pop." Nothing. "POP!!" Nope. Still nothing. Of course. My luck. "Rarity, why don't you-"

*GASP* The suitcase at the top of Rarity's pile just popped open and gasped for air. I should be surprised. Why am I not surprised?

"Oh, dear Celestia! Ah thought ah was gonna die!"

"Applebloom! What in the hay are you doin' here?" asked Applejack.

"Well, us Cutie Mark Crusaders were helpin' Rarity pack her stuff fer her trip and decided to come with her! Oh, my! Scoots and Sweetie Bell are still in the suitcases!"

"SCOOT SCOOTALOO!!" Applebloom yelled quite literally at the top of her lungs. Somehow, I expected that. Didn't expect my sister to yell with her though. We exchanged a look. She just shrugged. Whatever.

Scoots came popping out of the suitcase right under Applebloom, also gasping for air. "Geez! It's really hard to breath in those suitcases. Where's Sweetie Bell?"

We heard a muffed voice from yet another suitcase, this one on the bottom. "I'm in here! Hold on!" *Thud* *Thud* *Pop* The suitcase opened. "I'm free! Woah!" Sweetie Bell's suitcase opening from the bottom finally caused the whole pile to come toppling over. Right on me. Again, I wasn't surprised.

*Pop* AND that would be Twilight. Good timing.

"Oh, my! What happened in here?"

I could hear Applejack dig herself out of the pile. "Hey, Twilight. Not much, just mah sister and her friends causin' some trouble, as usual."

"Woah! Suddenly, I was being lifted by my feet into the air, apparently by magic. I hung there, upside down, taking in the sight in front of me. Ten ponies, a dragon, my sister, me levitating over a pile of four suitcases still filled with 3 of those ponies. And Derpy still sitting in the corner, now with a dozen Lego muffins. And a partridge in a pear tree. Anything else going to happen?

As if to answer that question, Spike burped. Now, I expected a letter from Celestia. Perhaps to ask where half of Ponyville went or to offer her help in getting everyone back. But no. For this first time today, I was surprised. Spike's burp went from a small green flame to a small puff of green gas. That green gas swirled and grew until *Pop* Yep. You guessed it. Princess Celestia. I must say, as surprised as I was, I don't think anyone was more surprised than Celestia herself. Being transported against her will, to an unknown human planet to find a human floating upside down right in front of her must have been... well, the last thing she might have expected.

I mean imagine that. Walking through your castle, having a conversation with the Captain of the Royal Guard, and suddenly you're staring at a strange, upside down creature in some weird place in an EXTREMELY crowded room. Thank god I'm not claustrophobic. *Crackle* WAIT! Was that? *Slam* Yes. Wonderful. My parents are home. I now have Eleven ponies in my room and my parents are home.

"Twilight! Make everyone a human now!" I heard the front door open. "Hurry! My parents are coming in!" I closed my eyes, now hearing the door to my sister's room open. *Pop* Well, crap. Wait, wasn't I going to tell them anyway?

"What in the-? Who are all these GIRLS?!" I opened my eyes. I had heard the pop and assumed Twilight had changed them both successfully and in time. Oh, god, I hope she spawned them clothes. Sure enough, there were now eleven girls in my room. Wait, no. Spike was a boy, my sister was already a girl and Celestia was more like a mother.

Regardless, I now had to explain why I had 10+ girls over and why we were in my sister's room AND get them to believe the whole pony thing. And it was only 10am. This was going to be a long day.

Okay! So! I'm looking for ideas again. I'm planning on giving the character a day with each pony individually by the end of the story. Some might be dates, some might be friends, or awkward or.... just about anything. This includes all characters so far as well as any requests (Vinyl Scratch, Cheerilee ect.) I'm not going to do Celestia unless you guys are interested in that. I have no idea what a day out with Celestia would be like. So... yeah. I think all the main characters are in at this point. Others like the ones mentioned above will appear, but unless requested, will not play a big role. Dates will be casual. No shipping will be done until the end if there will be any. I'm not sure yet. I will however set up those ships ahead of time should you guys vote for it, and I will let you know when we get close to the end when voting will start. Thanks for reading!