• Published 30th Nov 2016
  • 338 Views, 4 Comments

Twilight's Day of Good Forutne - TheEveryDaySparkle



Twilight wakes up to a strangely great day. Why is everypony being so nice? What are her friends up to? Why is this day going so well? She will find out...eventually.

  • ...
 4
 338

Surprise

Twilight took some time to rest in her room, and then, just as Rarity had asked her to, she tried on the dress. It was a simple dress, which was surprising considering the designer mare's flare for all things fashion.

The dress was purple and pink, to match her mane, with a white trim to go with her cutie mark. It was a simple one piece dress. No frills, no faux fur, no glaring accessories. Just, a dress. The only thing remotely flashy was the sequence fabric that the dress was made from. It shone with little sparkles every time she moved.

Twilight thought it was a nice touch. True Rarity style.

She decided to wear the dress around for a bit, leaving her room to walk around the house as she got used to the feel of the dress.

Before she walked downstairs however, she noticed that Spike was nowhere to be found. She assumed he had gone downstairs and decided to look for him there. But, when she came down, he was not there either.

"Now where did that sneaky little dragon go?" She said as she walked around the library. She looked around for a bit more before she decided to go back upstairs. "Well, he'll come back up when he's ready, I guess."

It was then that she realized. There was one last place that she hadn't checked. The closet. She chided herself for not thinking to check the most obvious place.

She went over to the closet and opened the door, and what she saw, made her chuckle a bit.

In the closet was Spike, tied up, his hands and feet bound tightly behind his back, surrounded by a bunch of furry forest animals.

"Uhh...a little help here, Twilight?" Spike said as he struggled against his bindings.

"What are you doing in here, Spike?" Twilight said as she helped him out of the ropes and things that had held him down.

"I don't know. One minute I was by your side and then...the next I was in here. I don't know what happened."

"Hmm, strange." Twilight said, putting a hoof to her chin. "Oh well, guess we'll never figure that one out. What were forest creatures doing in here anyways?"

Suddenly she heard a soft voice from behind her. "Um...they're mine."

Twilight turned around to see Fluttershy standing behind her.

"What? Fluttershy what are you-"

The lights clicked on.

"Surprise!!"

Suddenly she saw everyone in her house. All her friends were there, and even people she didn't think would be here. Big Mac, Granny Smith, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, Shining Armor...

Wait. Shining Armor?

She made her way towards her brother. When she got close enough, she stopped in front of him.

"Shining Armor, what are you doing here?"

"I came to see my little sister Twily. What's wrong with that?" Shining said.

"But, aren't you supposed to be guarding the Crystal Empire?" Twilight asked, confused.

"It's perfectly fine over there. So, since it was so peaceful, we decided to take a little time of our own." Shining Armor said, smiling.

"Wait. We?" Twilight responded, her face scrunched in eve further confusion.

"Yep. Cadence is here, too."

"Here I am! Did someone call me?" Twilight heard a voice to the left of her. She turned and sure enough, there was Cadence, walking up to the two of them with a box in her teeth.

"We sure did, sweetie." Shining said to Cadence, the two touching their noses together.

Twilight was still confused. "But what event would be important enough to warrant a sudden vacation?!"

Shining Armor sighed happily "Think about it, Twily. What day is today?"

Twilight thought for a moment. "um...Tuesday?"

Suddenly Pinkie Pie burst out from behind Shining Armor and said, "No, silly! Well, yes, but it's also...Your -She pulled a cake out of seemingly nowhere, typical Pinkie Pie style, and placed it in front of Twilight.- birthday!"

Twilight had to step back to get her bearings. She couldn't believe it. All that time her friends spent doing all those amazing things for her, and it was all for her birthday.

She felt tears threaten to overtake her again, as her body heaved and shuddered. But these were not tears of shame or regret or sadness. These were tears...of joy.

"This is...This is all so...I can't tell you how happy I am to-" She was cut off by a voice to her right.

"Whoa there darlin'! Don't start the water works until after the day is done."

She looked to her right and saw...

"Apple Jack?! You're here too?"

"Yep. Sure am. Wouldn't have missed it for the world."

Twilight was speechless.

When she finally found her voice, she said, "B-but how did you all know?"

"Shining Armor told us." Another voice form nowhere. Or at least nowhere she could see. She looked around again.

"I'm up here." The voice said again.

Twilight looked up and saw none other than Rainbow Dash, floating right above her head.

"Wow. For a pony who can find her way around in the dark, you sure can't see very well." Rainbow joked.

"Quiet, Rainbow! She's still takin' it all in." Apple Jack chided.

"Well how long does she need?" Rainbow said, getting impatient with her nerdy friend.

Apple Jack spoke up. "Anyway, she's right. It was Shining Armor who told us all about it."

"Shining Armor did?"

"Yep! He sure did. When I heard it was your birthday, I practically forced him to take me along with him." Cadence said, answering her question.

"Emphasis on forced..." Shining Armor said, laughing with the rest of her friends.

"Then he told everyone in town about it!" Pinkie Pie screamed happily.

Twilight thought about that. "Is that why everypony in town was greeting me?"

"Indeed. We even told Princess Celestia about it!" Rarity said, joining the group.

"What? does that mean?" Twilght asked, shocked that the princess would come to her birthday party.

"Yes." Fluttershy said, smiling.

Twilight said nothing else as she made her way around her home, looking for the alicorn princess. She found her in the very back sipping punch.

"Princess Celestia!"

Celestia Turned her head toward the sound, seeing her student. "Ah! Twilight! Where have you been? I've been looking for you everywhere."

"You're here too, princess?" Twilight asked, shocked.

"Yes, I am. When I heard it was my most precious student's birthday, I couldn't just sit by and do nothing. Sadly, however, I did not bring any gifts to give you."

"No princess. your presence is gift enough." Twilight said, bowing.

The princess giggled. "Is that so? Very well then. I suppose I will just take my gift and put it away then."

Twilight looked up at her in shock. Had she said something to offend her? "Oh no princess, please don't! If I have offended you in any way-"

"I'm only kidding Twilight. Here you are. I was told Rarity got you a dress, correct?"

"Yes, that is correct." Twilight said, wondering how she knew that. Rarity must have told her when she got here.

"Well then here. A pendant. It should match your dress perfectly."

"Oh wow, princess. It's beautiful!"

"It is. I picked it out just for you. Just for today."

"Oh thank you so much princess! I'll treasure it for as long as I live." Twilight said excitedly, holding the pendant to her breast.

"I am glad to hear it. Happy birthday, Twilight."

"Thank you again princess. This just means so much to me."

"Well then, take good care of it." Celestia said as she turned and walked away.

"I will! I promise!" Twilight shouted as she returned to her friends.

"So did'ya find the princess, Twilight?" Apple Jack said as she saw her coming back.

"Yes I did! She gave me this!" Twilight showed her friends the gift Celestia had given her.

"That there's a mighty fine piece o' jewelry." Apple Jack said, admiring it.

"I know! Isn't it great?" Twilight exclaimed

"It sure is." Fluttershy said, admiring it as well.

Then, a thought occurred to her. Celestia said that Rarity had gotten her the dress as a present.

Twilight excused herself and made her way towards her room. She closed the door and looked around for the bag the dress had come in. When she found it, she looked inside and saw an envelope addressed to her. She pulled it out, opened it up and read the contents of the letter inside.

"Hello darling. If you're reading this it means that you did what I told you. Well, either that or you're reading it later, after you've realized that it was your gift. Anyway, I made this dress to show you how much I love you and appreciate all that you do. The others have something they want to say as well, so my part ends here, but, know that we'll be friends forever in my book.

"Howdy, sugar cube. I just wanted to say that we all love you and hope you're havin' a great party.

"Um..Hi, Twilight. I just wanted to say that um... I hope we continue to be friends for a long, long time. Angel Wants to say something, but if I let im we won;t have enough space for the other's. sorry...

"HI Twilight! Like Fluttershy said, I want us to be friends forever! Forever and ever and ever and ever!

"Hey, Twilight. You know i'm not good with uhh...emotions and all that mushy stuff...ugh, so not cool. I want us to keep hanging out like always, and continue being friends. The best of friends."

-Love, All of your friends

Happy Birthday, Twilight.

As she read the letter, her eyes teared up further and further as she thought of the effort her friends went to to give her a great birthday. She would have burst out crying again for the second time that day, if not for a knock at her door.

"Oh right, my friends." She made her way towards the door and opened it to see Fluttershy there.

"Are you alright, Twilight?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yes I am. Why?"

"Well, see, it's just that, the others are worried. you've been up here for a while now."

"Oh is that all? I'll be down in a moment."

"Okay then. I'll go tell them." Fluttershy said as she left the room.

Twilight came downstairs after wiping her eyes. She saw that everyone was sitting outside her door, most likely waiting on her to return.

She came down the stairs and looked at everyone. The room was completely quiet, waiting for her to say whatever it was the birthday mare was going to say.

She took a deep breath and said, "Let's Party!"

What followed was a party of epic proportions. Presents were opened, cake was eaten, and Confetti was shot from cannons. It was the greatest birthday ever, and it wasn't over yet.