• Published 23rd Nov 2016
  • 910 Views, 13 Comments

Friendship's New Flight: Love and Changelings - Masterob



The Changelings cause some trouble for Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Thunderlane and friends

  • ...
3
 13
 910

Conflicts All Around

Chrysalis stared across from her, grinning evilly at the ponies before her. Twilight looked furious that Chrysalis interrupted her wedding like this, she had some nerve doing that.

Thunderlane was a little weirded out, he didn't know what to make of the situation, he knew that sooner or later he'd have to deal with a dangerous villain since he was friends with the Elements, but he wasn't sure if he was ready for that.

Rainbow Dash watched from afar, partially thankful that Chrysalis arrived to interrupt the wedding, perhaps a blessing in disguise, or just more bad luck for her.

Chrysalis let out an evil chuckle, "My, my, Twilight Sparkle, I am quite disappointed you didn't invite me to your wedding, especially after how I livened things up at your brother's wedding".

Twilight glared, "How dare you, this was suppose to be my special day", she turned to Thunderlane and then turned back to Chrysalis, "Our special day!"

Chrysalis looked to Thunderlane, "I'm a little surprised though, being a princess, you probably could have done a little better than him, not that he isn't handsome, but he seems rather...ordinary. And such a strange mane style."

Thunderlane looked up at his Mohawk and blushed a bit, "It's not strange, it's cool", he turned to Twilight, "It is cool right?"

Twilight gave Thunderlane a reassuring smile, "Your mane's fine, I like your mane," she turned to Chrysalis with a glare, "I DON'T like you!"

Chrysalis chuckled, "How impolite, looks like I'm gonna have to teach you a few manners," she turned to her Changeling army, "Changelings, attack!"

The Changeling went in after The Elements, Celestia, Thunderlane, The Twin Pegusai, Rumble and The Crusaders.

Twilight blasted several of the Changelings back with her magic, then flew up to get a better advantage and blasted them from mid-air. A few flew after her but she was able to dodge them and blast them down.

Applejack punched several of the Changelings as they came her way and even dodged a few attacks and buck kicked any Changeling that tried to sneak up on her.

Rarity also used her magic to attack The Changelings, though any Changeling that got too close to her was attacked physically. Rarity had some knowledge of Martial Arts, and wasn't afraid to use it, doing several hard strikes to The Changelings.

Fluttershy avoided them, she was never much for fightning, Pinkie Pie however managed to evade their attacks and hit several of them with pies and suck, giggling all the way too.

Thunderlane was able to hold his own against the Changelings for the most part, he managed to attack a few and knock them down, though his limited skill in fighting was catching up to him. Luckily Spike had rushed in and blasted the Changelings back with fire.

"Whoa, thanks little buddy", Thunderlane said.

"Anything for Twilight's favorite stallion", Spike reassured. A few more came but Spike managed to blast them back as well.

Flitter made sure to stay out of trouble, but Cloudchaser had no problems beating down the Changelings, she rather enjoyed it, a good way to release pent up frustration.

Some Changelings approached the foals. Rumble stood before The Crusaders, ready and willing to protect them from harm. Some lunched at them but Rumble punched each one that came. Though his punches barely had an affect on them, despite them being stronger than normal due to his urge to protect.

They started to gang up on him, and pinned him down, capture him. Apple Bloom however wasn't gonna let anything harm her colt, "Hey buzz off creeps!" she ran in and punched a few, though her strikes, despite being strong, didn't fair much better.

Scootaloo also decided to help, she didn't want to say that Rumble had to fight her battles. The only one who didn't really do anything was Sweetie Belle, she was too afraid. However when one Changeling went to attack Rumble, she immediately blasted it with her magic, "Don't you dare harm my Rumbly!"

Rumble smiled in relief, that's twice in the span of a minute that a filly saved his life, though it became thrice when Scootaloo tackled away another oncoming Changeling.

Rainbow Dash however wasn't gonna let anything harm Rumble, so she flew in and punched away all the Chanelings and kicked several away as well, "Stay the hell away from my friend you bastards!"

In among the seats of the wedding area, most ponies had already left, though a few stayed to fight. Trixie and Lightning Dust did their share of fighting, with Trixie blasting back several Changelings and Lightning Dust using her speed to punch the Changelings away.

The Wonderbolts also did their share to attack the Changelings, as did Amethyst Star and her magic. Vinyl, Octavia, Dr. Hooves and even Derpy did their part in fighting the Changelings.

Celestia and Luna helped deal out a lot of Damage, as did Shining Armor. Discord simply watched from his floating chair above the area, watching with a sinister grin. A few Changelings actually went to him as well but Discord easily whacked them down while sipping on a cup of iced tea.

Twilight had taken down another Changeling and turned to Chrysalis, "Give it up! You won't win! You're army is failing!"

Chrysalis then did an evil laugh, "You really think you'll win that easily? Me and my Changelings feed off love, and I can detect large traces of love", she looked to Rainbow, "Some more than others", she then turned to the foals, "And even in the smallest packages".

Soon more Changelings came and stared down the hero ponies. All the ponies banded together, ready to go to war against The Changelings.
"Charge!" Twilight shouted. The ponies laid it to the Changelings, several punches, kick, magic blasts, none were backing down.

Chrysalis herself attempted to fight by her army but Applejack had buck kicked her, Rainbow Dash had kicked her hard and Twilight blasted her back.

Chrysalis looked to them angrily and went to attack again, but this time Celestia and Luna assisted Twilight in blasting Chrysalis back.

"This isn't over yet", she called to her Changelings, "My children, retreat!" she flew off with her Changeling army following her.

"Get back here!" Twilight shouted and attempted to pursue them, but Chrysalis blasted her back down as she left.

Thunderlane rushed over to Twilight, "Are you hurt Twi?"

Twilight shook her head, "I'm fine, though Chrysalis will get hers soon", she looked over to the other ponies, "Is everypony else ok?"

The collection of nods eased her worries, looks like everyone is relatively unharmed.

Thunderlane looked a bit down, "Looks like our wedding got ruined, all that wait for this to happen?"

Twilight nodded, "Yeah, odd way to start our lives as a married couple", she perked up a little, "But exciting nonetheless, fighting side by side, it's exactly what I want our marriage to be, an exciting journey".

Rainbow approached Twilight, "Uh Twi, technically you and Thunderlane aren't married; Celestia didn't finish what she was saying".

"Actually Rainbow Dash, she pronounced me and Thunderlane Husband and Wife, the only thing left was 'You may now kiss the bride', which while is a tradition, isn't exactly needed when it comes to marriage, so it's official between me and Thunderlane", Twilight explained.

Rainbow didn't look convicned, "I don't think it works like that Twilight, I don't think you two are officially married".

Twilight grew irritated, "Rainbow, I know what you're doing and why you're doing this, but you are not getting Thunderlane back, he's mine now, I love him and he loves me, so quit driving a wedge between us!"

Rainbow glared at Twilight, "We'll just see about that then", she turned to Celestia, "Princess Celestia, are Twilight and Thunderlane officially married?"

Celestia tapped her chin, "In a way they are, though since the ceremony didn't finish even I'm not sure myself.

Twilight grinned, "You heard it yourself, we are married".

"She said she's not sure Twilight", Rainbow pointed out.

"She also said we are in a way, doesn't matter, we'll still recreate the ceremony, but more privately, just us two and our immediate friends, make it truly official", Twilight said.

Rainbow glared suspiciously, she doesn't like how possessive Twilight is being over Thunderlane. Even more upset than Rainbow Dash is Rumble, he was hoping the invasion would cancel out the wedding, much good that did.

Soarin approached Rainbow Dash, "Maybe we should leave now, once we get a date and time for the new wedding, then you can go to that one if you'd like".

Twilight gave a stern face, "Sorry Soarin, but it's best if Rainbow Dash doesn't come to this one, she's already caused her share of trouble since being here, are you even aware she slept in the same bed as Rumble?"

Soarin nodded, "Yeah I know, I saw them late last night; I knew she missed the kid so I let them be".

Twilight glared, "Still, keep her under control, I don't want her being too much of a bad influence."

"I'm a better influence than you!" Rainbow Dash shouted.

Twilight glared, "Unlikely."

Rainbow turned her head away in anger and shame, "Fine, if you don't want me to come then so be it, I don't want to be anywhere I'm not wanted", she turned to Soarin, "Let's go Soarin!"

Soarin nodded, "Sure thing Dashie".

Something about that tugged at Thunderlane a bit, Dashie was his nickname for Rainbow Dash. Technically her friends called her that first but still.

Before she left, Rumble rushed to her, "Rainbow, don't go, I'll miss you!"

Rainbow turned to Rumble, "Sorry kid, I'm not sure if Twilight even wants me around you", she glared at Twilight, "Even though she has no right to keep us apart", she looked back to Rumble, "But I do love you, and one day we'll be able to do stuff together like we used to do".
Rumble pouted as Rainbow turned away, "See ya kid, good luck with your love life", she flew off with Soarin, leaving Rumble heartbroken. He loves Rainbow Dash a lot, he hates not seeing her. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle both comforted Rumble as he looked down in sadness.

Everypony else was speechless, but Twilight decided not to let it get to her, "For now let's just prepare for this private ceremony".

Trixie approached Twilight, "Any chance me and Lightning can attend this more secluded wedding? I'm hoping to catch the bouquet, then me and Lightning Dust can experience this same thrill".

Lightning did a double take, "Wait what?"

Twilight offered a generous smile, "Of course Trixie, I'd love it if you were there".

Trixie grinned, "That's so great! You've made me so happy!" she gave Twilight a nice hug, "I should go pack, gonna try to find a place in Ponyville to stay at for the time being, see you in a moment!" Trixie rushed off excitedly.

Lightning approached Twilight, "What was that about!? Telling her about the Bouquet!? That's quite a big leap for me to take Twilight!"

Twilight nervously smiled, "Sorry Lightning, I guess I just wanted Trixie to be happy, but it's not like you'll get married right away".

Lightning looked unsure, "Still, feel sudden, I mean I love Trixie but I'm not sure if I'm ready for something like that, that's a risk even I'm not ready to take".

"It's ok if you're not ready now, just be honest with her about that, and come the day you decide you do want to marry her, then I'll help you whatever way I can", Twilight offered.

Lightning nodded, "Thanks, I don't know when Trixie and I will make it official, but it's the one thing I know not to rush in on".

Twilight smiled at her, "Very mature thinking Lightning Dust".

Lightning did a 'wow' type chuckle, "That's a first".

Twilight had a nice little chuckle herself, "Guess we should head check on the ponies and let them know its safe, at least for now".
The other ponies nodded and went to round up the others. Meanwhile Thunderlane looked pretty sad, not just for his wedding mishap, but he felt some pity for Rainbow Dash. She was the one who got him into this circle of friends, so he feels horrible that she's losing her spot.

He never wanted to be the reason any of the Mane 6 split. How ironic so far that the one who seems to have split is the one who helped him in the group. He'll deal with this later; right now he needs to help his friends.

Everyone cleaned up a bit, though each of them had some conflicting emotions. Twilight wishes that this could have gone better with Rainbow Dash. Applejack feels the same, she pities Dash but understands Twilight's situation. Rarity however feels more for Rainbow Dash in this situation, believing Twilight didn't handle this any better. Then there's Rumble who is giving off a vibe of pure anger and hatred, he hates what's happening now.

As they all handled things, Discord watched from above, a bit concerned in his own right. "Looks like The Elements are falling apart, I thought I'd enjoy that, nothing like good chaos", he tapped his chin, "But this could be troublesome, whether I want to admit it or not, The Elements of Harmony are the one things that prevents this world from going down, the balance of order and chaos is needed, unfortunatley".

Discord crossed his arm in deep thought, "I have to fix this somehow", he groaned a bit, "How I hate having to undo Chaos, but they are my friends, and I suppose this is what friends do. But I can't just tell them to get their act together, I'm gonna have to get them to band together, but how?"

He looked outside and saw Chrysalis flying off in a bad mood, which gave him an idea, "I think I know how to handle this, might be risky and it's trial by fire, but perhaps it can help in the end", he flew over to Chrysalis, "Besides if anything happens I can probably pull them out of it".

Outside Chrysalis is complaining, "How can we lose that quickly!? Last time you handled them so well! What happened now!?" The Changelings looked down in shame as Chrysalis groaned, "They must have gotten stronger, love may not cut it, but how do I handle this?"

Discord approached her with a sinister laugh, "Poor Chrysalis, you once had Canterlot in your grasp, now here you are, losing in a span of 5 minutes, oh how the mighty have fallen".

Chrysalis glared, "Discord, I don't have time for a sellout like you, giving up chaos for friendship; I once respected you, now you're a disgrace!"

"Oh come now Chrissy", Discord said as he twirled around her, "I'm still the same Draconeques, I just know how to bide my time, you see living with the ponies allowed me to learn many secrets", Discord looked sinisterly into her eyes, "Secrets and weaknesses".

Chrysalis looked intrigued, "Weaknesses huh? I take it you're secretly planning their destruction? Gonna strike soon?"

Discord shrugged, "Perhaps, requires careful planning, after that Tirek situation, I'm still gaining the trust of many ponies, now is not the best time to strike, shame though, such a great plan".

Chrysalis then had an evil idea, "Oh Discord", she said seductively and approached him, "Perhaps I can borrow this idea? I have nothing to lose, and perhaps if you help me", she then grabbed under his chin and rubbed his chest, "I can make it worth your while".

Discord grinned, "Oh? How so?"

Chrysalis winked, "Talk first, then we'll 'discuss things' later".

Discord did an evil chuckle, "You're quite the negotiator, come on, we'll talk in private". Discord left with Chrysalis to discuss plans.

Later on Twilight is approaching her home with Thunderlane, Rumble and Spike. Spike went inside the home, he wanted to get dinner ready for everypony there, the others stayed outside while Twilight was figuring out some plans.

"We'll have the new ceremony soon enough, hopefully by tomorrow, then we can take our Honeymoon".

Thunderlane liked the Honeymoon idea, "Sweet, wait where should we Honeymoon?"

Twilight tapped her chin, "Not sure actually, maybe Rainbow Falls, it seems like a nice place".

Thunderlane also thought, "Sounds good, or how about Las Pegasus?"

Twilight shook her head, "Too loud, and too many sleazy ponies, we'll figure something out though, as long as I'm with you", she said and kissed Thunderlane, who returned it eagerly.

Rumble grumbled a bit, "Get a room you two".

Twilight looked at him with slight annoyance, "Behave Rumble, we still need to discuss that Rainbow Dash situation".

"There's nothing to discuss, I spent some time with a pony I love, that's not a big deal, so shove off!" Rumble shouted.

Twilight stood angrily in front of Rumble, "Watch your tone young colt! I'm not gonna stand here and let you talk so defiantly and disrespectfully, as your new older sister I'm going to ensure a few changes".

"You're not my older sister! You're just an annoying mare! Now don't bother me!" Rumble said and walked away fromTwilight.

Thunderlane was gonna say something but Twilight stopped him, "I got this, don't worry sweetheart".

Thunderlane nodded as Twilight approached Rumble, "Get back here Rumble!"

"No! Go away Twilight!" Rumble shouted.

Twilight teleported in front of him, "Rumble! I am giving you an order!"

Rumble glared, "I don't care! You're not the boss of me just because my brother sleeps with you!"

Twilight's eyes bulged, "Rumble I am warning you! If you don't stop this behavior you're gonna be in a load of trouble! Now go inside!"

Rumble just glared at her and then kept walking away, outright disobeying her and further annoying Twilight.

"Rumble, get back here right now!" Rumble kept walking, so Twilight grabbed him with magic, "Let's go Rumble!"

"Let me go! This isn't fair!" Rumble shouted.

Twilight dropped him in front of her, "March young colt!"

"I don't have to listen to you Twilight! Now go away!" Rumble shouted/

"Rumble I am your older sister and-"

"YOU ARE NOT MY OLDER SISTER! YOU'RE JUST SOME ANNOYING MARE I REALLY HATE RIGHT NOW!"

That hurt Twilight a bit, not just the yelling but that Rumble actually had it in him to say such things. "Hate's strong word Rumble, don't say something like that".

"I know it's a strong word, because I DO hate you Twilight, I don't love you and I never will, you ruined my life and you ruined Rainbow Dash's life, I'll never love you Twilight! I, HATE, you!" Rumble shouted.

Twilight looked dumbfounded, "But Rumble…I love you, I just want what's best for you".

Rumble scowled at Twilight, "You don't love me, you just want my brother, I'm just some foal you want to mold into something you want, and on top of that you tried taking away a pony I really care about", he turned away, "Now I'm leaving", he angrily turned to her, "If you follow me, I'll hate you even more!"

He then sped away, leaving Twilight behind, almost in tears, too out of it to really react.

After a few minutes of standing there, she started to cry a bit, "Rumble…", she wiped her eyes and shouted again, "Rumble come back!"

He was long gone, Twilight started to worry a bit, "What am I doing? I have to go after him!" she flew in his direction, "Rumble please come back!"

Rumble had put a large distance in between himself and Twilight and made sure to shake him off. "Stupid Twilight, why is she such a pain!?"

He kept flying around, but not too far away was Rainbow Dash flying home with Soarin.

"Sorry you had to go through that today Rainbow Dash", Soarin said.

Rainbow scoffed, "Yeah whatever, let's just keep going, sooner we leave the better".

Soarin nodded and kept flying. Rainbow then noticed Rumble flying off, "Hold it Soarin", she said and flew over to Rumble, "Hey little guy, why are you so far from Ponyville?"

Rumble looked angrily back to Ponyville, "I have my reasons".

Rainbow rubbed his mane, "Twilight getting on your case again?"

Rumble nodded, "I got angry and told her off, I told her that I'll never love her and that I hate her".

Rainbow looked surprised, "Rumble, how could you say something like that!?"

Rumble looked confused at Rainbow, "You've seen how she acted, especially towards you".

"I know she was being a pain in the flank, but you still shouldn't hate, you're better than that kid", she pulled him into a hug, "Someone like you should never have hate in their heart, you have the strength to put up with a lot. If you can love Applejack after the way she chased you, and Sweetie Belle after she bullied you, and even Lightning Dust after she endangered you, I think you can love Twilight, she might be a pain but I know she loves you kid".

Rumble looked a little conflicted right now, maybe he was hard on Twilight, but he was still angry.
"Look kid, why don't you come with me and Soarin right now, maybe you just need a little time for yourself, besides it'll give us more time to spend with each other".

Rumble nodded and looked up to Rainbow with a smile, "Ok Dashie".

Rainbow kissed his head, "Good boy, let's go then". Rainbow flew off with Rumble to Rendezvous with Soarin as they flew back home.

Meanwhile Chrysalis is planning an evil strike based on some very interesting info she got from Discord. "Soon Twilight Sparkle, I will wipe you and your friends out!" An evil laugh filled the air as she readied her strike.

Author's Note:

Chaos and love.