• Published 1st Jul 2012
  • 1,538 Views, 20 Comments

Friendship is an Imagination - CookiesOnFridays



Twilight Sparkle, a smart mare who believes in her friends. But does she really have friends?

  • ...
4
 20
 1,538

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie

(Note- Late update I know… I stopped working on my other projects because I was enjoying my vacation! But here you go, as promised I’ll continue it and maybe less grammar Nazi!)
Chapter 2- Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie
“What ya got yourself into now Twilight?”
“Oh it’s nothing Applejack… It’s just a misunderstanding I guess.”
“Oh come on now, there’s no reason to feel glum and sad just cause you’re here! Heck, I’m here with ya now aren’t I?”
I just nodded and went back to my bed and again like I usually did, I stared at the ceiling.
“Maybe we could play a game of some sort? How about patty cake?”
I turned my head to look at Applejack, “Really? Isn’t that game for kids?”
She just shrugged and laid down on the floor with her hat covering her face.
It has been a few days since I arrived here and moved to Cell Block B. Unlike Cell Black A, we got a lot more attention from our care takers, but the room itself felt a lot like a prison. The only benefit I got then the others in this level was that I didn’t need to wear special bindings to keep me from doing ‘insane things’.
I just laughed at my last words. ‘Insane things’, like heck, what I was going to do? Kill myself? Kill the people that were watching and observing me right now? I would if I was insane but they just don’t understand. They’re the ones who need help!
There was a knock on my door and it opened to show the Princess herself. How long has it been since we last talked? I guess it was about three days at most.
“I’m sorry my student, I had some important things to attend to. But now we could continue to things that weren’t explained the last time we discussed! How about we go to the gardens this time?” The Princess said with a smile.
I just gave her a glum expression and just nodded. I knew I needed the fresh air, but the Princess not being able to see Applejack was kind of making my mind go ‘I hate you, but I don’t hate you… But I still hate you.’ It was just a repeating pattern in my head.
I noticed the Princess telling me something but I didn’t listen. I was drawn back to my memories where Applejack and my other friends were all together. Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie… We had so many adventures together and we even stopped discord! Our legend and story was kept inside the Castle! But I guess things aren’t going back to normal anytime soon… I’m smart enough to know the steps to gain freedom from this sick place. But in order to get to the next step, I needed to finish telling my story… I just needed to finish…
---------------------------------
“Would you like some cookies? I baked them myself!”
“Thank you Princess… I guess I just need something to nibble on.”
The Princess and I were sitting on some of the wooden chairs that were placed around the garden. We also had a table with cookies and tea which I nervously nibbled on.
The garden was a lot larger then I have expected, and since it was night time the stars were dotted across the sky. I didn’t have the benefits to actually stroll around the garden (since I lost it with my last encounter with the Princess), but seeing it calmed me down a bit but not enough to make me stop shaking.
“So now then, please continue my student. I would love to hear what’s going inside your head.” The Princess said as she sipped her tea.
“Well I guess I have no choice…”
--------------------------------
“Wow… That’s a mighty big statue this University has got here!”
I just nodded at Applejack, “Mhmm, this is the statue of Professor Edward W. Carner who founded this University a few decades ago.”
“Oh my, I wish I could have seen this Edward fella and pleasure him personally!”
I raised an eyebrow, “What do you mean by pleasure him personally?”
“Ya know what I mean you dirty minded mare!” She said chuckling, “To just say thanks and maybe even give him a box of chocolates!”
I let out a little laugh. That idea didn’t sound bad, but it was silly.
“Well good luck with that! Cause I ain’t helping you.”
“I knew you would say that. But it was just an idea anyway…”
We started to head back toward our Dormitories and it was pretty quiet. We still had about half an hour to walk around before early morning classes started.
“Hey Applejack, what made you come to this university?”
She just shrugged and looked up at the dawn lit sky. “I don’t really know… All I did was buck apples day in and day out. I guess the Princess found my bucking skills rather...”
She took a striking pose.
“Awesome!”
I let out a soft burst of laughter.
“But ya know… I didn’t really have a lot of friends since the beginning…”
“Yeah same here…”
Applejack let out a soft sigh, “Ever since I was a little filly I had to buck apples off of trees to make a liven. Life was tough, but I managed to pull through. And look at me! I’m here at one of the best universities in all of Equestria!”
“Yeah you’re right. I didn’t get many friends too. I was so focused in my studies that I never realized what was going on. And since my brother joined the Royal Guard, I can’t see him like I did before I moved here.”
“Moved to the University?”
“No, when I moved to Ponyville.”
“I see…”
The rest of the walk toward our dormitory was silent. We didn’t have anything to talk about and judging from the way Applejack yawned, she was just as tired as I was. I only had about five hours of sleep for Celestia’s sake.
When we arrived to our dormitories Applejack had to leave right away to class. We decided to meet back up together here when classes were all over. For me, I had about an hour left.
I charged and plopped on my bed and with a simple sleeping spell I started to doze off right away. Like any University it was just learning and stuff like that so there wasn’t much to talk about in that field.
-----------------------------------------
“I see… So you started to take a liking in Applejack?”
I just nodded my head, “Yes I really did. I didn’t know at the time but she started becoming one of my best friends.”
I took a sip of tea. “As time passed I got to know Applejack more and more. Later on I met the rest of the gang.”
“Yes… Fluttershy, Pinkiepie, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity I presume?”
“Yes that is exactly correct Princess.”
The Princess gestured to one of her guards and they brought a pot and refilled the Princesses cup.
“Well lets fast forward a bit… Who came after Applejack?”
Taking a bite of a cookie and quickly chewed and swallowed. “Well after Applejack it was Rainbow Dash.”
-----------------------------------
“Oh Applejack you’re so idiotic!”
“Well let me tell you! Big Mac was mighty surprised when my little sis bucked his apples!”
I couldn’t stop laughing. I knew what she meant by ‘bucked his apples’.
“S-So” I said unable to control my laughter, “What happened next?”
“Well he got apple juice all over his face! Poor brother had to take a bath because of sticky apples!”
“I hope you actually mean the apples you can eat.”
“Oh Twilight, you’re as dirty as a pig in a mud.”
Applejack and I were walking toward the meadows a little outside of campus. Many other mares and stallions were headed toward that direction since it was such a nice day. Who wouldn’t want to go outside and have some fun in the sun?
“So Applejack did anything excited happen today?”
“Ah nothing much… Just same, old same old. How to buck the apples just right and how to plant the apple seeds for perfect condition growth and all that you know-“
Before Applejack could finish there was a loud streak in the sky and a rather large boom. I covered my ears and closed my eyes, but I felt a tap on my shoulder and the next thing I knew, I saw a streak of colors across the sky.
“Oh wow… What pretty colors…” I said.
I kept my eyes on the rainbow comet as it started to come closer… And closer… And well, it seemed to come to close… Oh buck-
I felt the rainbow comet speed up and crash down on the ground, making the ground rumble and explode underneath me. I toppled over and landed a few feet away from where I stood.
“Oh shucks Twilight! What’s gotten in to you?” I heard Applejack say as I felt a hoof help me lift up to my hooves.
“Hey watch it! You could have gotten me killed!” I said as I rubbed my head.
I heard a snicker, “Is that how you treat your friend from Special Talent High?”
I opened my eyes wide to that familiar voice. It can’t be… It just can’t be… Is it really her!?
“Rainbow Dash! Oh my gosh you’re back!” I yelled jumping up and down.
“Yep! And I’m ready to fast forward ahead of you.”
I didn’t notice but there was a crowd surrounding Rainbow Dash and I. But I didn’t pay them any attention; I just kept smiling and was glad that my old friend was back.
“I thought you were at the race of the ‘World Limits’ Rainbow Dash. Why did you come back?”
Rainbow Dash just gave me a proud grin, “Oh lets’ just say I’ve-“
She took out something from her saddle bag and unfolded a rather large piece of cloth. “Won all two hundred and fifty races! That’s right, I’m officially the best flier in all of Equestria!”
The entire crowd cheered and started to chant Rainbow Dashes name and she just laughed and took bows while hovering in the air.
“Wow… That’s pretty amazing! Was it a constant streak?”
“Yeah it was… You don’t read the newspaper a lot don’t you?”
I turned away blushing from embarrassment. How could I have not known of my friends’ great success? But I shook all those feelings aside, I should be happy! I mean… My best friend was back and she also made history!
Without warning I felt a sudden embrace cover me.
“It’s great to see you again Twilight. It’s been to long…”
“Yeah it has Rainbow… Come on! Let me show you the campus.”
--------------------------------------
“I see… So can you tell me a little about how you met Rainbow Dash?”
“Well we met at Special Talent High. We met in our freshmen year and we’ve been best friends since. At our junior year she signed up for the World Limits Championships. And after that I didn’t see her for my senior year.”
“She was accepted right away?”
I took another sip of tea, “It took about half a year for her to be accepted so in the middle of the school year she left.”
The Princess nodded and gave me a smile. But then her smile faded away just as quickly as it came.
“Tell me… Do you think Rainbow Dash is real?”
I face hooved myself but I just couldn’t help it. She still thinks I’m crazy…
“Of course Rainbow Dash is real Princess. I know for sure she is.”
The Princess just shook her head. “I see my student… Please tell me a little more about your talk with Rainbow Dash.”
----------------------------------
“Wow… This place is so big! I can’t believe I’ve never heard of this place!” Rainbow Dash said as she scanned her surroundings.
“Well I did tell you one time in high school you know.”
“Meh… I guess I wasn’t paying attention.”
“Oh Rainbow. You never change do you?” I said laughing.
I was excused from my classes for the day and was assigned to show Rainbow Dash around campus. It turns out that since she didn’t graduate high school she still needed an education. From special orders from the Princess she was skipped a grade and was placed here. A new freshmen in LAM. But I was kind of surprised that she didn’t even know what that stood for. But when I told her it stood for Land/Air/Magic, she just started laughing and said it stood for Lettuce/Apple/Mac. To me it sounded like a sandwich and before I knew it I started laughing with her.
“Man… I’m starved! How about some food?”
“Now that you mention it I’m kind of hungry. Why don’t we get something to chow down?”
“Of course! I’m starved like crazy. Any good food around here?”
I just grinned, “How about the old ‘Cake and Wich’? They make the best sweets and sandwiches in all of campus.”
“I ain’t going to argue with you. I’m so hungry I could eat anything!”
“With the speed you fly at Rainbow? I’m pretty sure you could eat just as fast.”
---------------------------------------------------
“I see… So let me guess, after meeting Rainbow Dash you got to meet a young mare named Pinkie Diane Pie.”
I just gave her a nod. “Yes you’re right. I’m not surprised you know who came in next.”
“Of course my student. I read all the descriptions of your well… ‘Friends’… But anyways lets continue shall we?”
--------------------------------------------------
“Welcome to the Cake and Wich how may I serve you?”
Since this was a top university this place was really rich and best of all, the food was-
“Free food!? Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh! This is awesome! I’ll have one of everything please!”
The waitress took out a stamp and pounded it against her order book, “Coming right up. And what would you like miss?”
I looked at the menu and I couldn’t decide! There was just so many to choose from. Haywiches, Applecrumpets, Hayshakes, Salads, Hayfries, so many to choose from! But since I didn’t have an appetite like Rainbow Dash I decided to eat something medium in size.
“I’ll have the Haywiches with Hayfries please.”
The waitress scribbled the order down and quickly trotted away toward the kitchen doors and disappeared.
Surprisingly we’ve gotten appetizers and Rainbow quickly ate them without even chewing. We didn’t talk much but instead, we just slumped on the table and relaxed. At some point of time I tried to entertain Rainbow Dash by juggling some flower pots around with my magic. But it turns out that you need more skill to do those kinds of tricks. My magic fumbled around and next thing I know, I was drenched in water. But my objective was fulfilled when Rainbow laughed. Thankfully they had towels here or I could have gotten a cold.
“Oh man why can’t they have the food ready right now!?” Rainbow Dash complained.
I just laughed at her, “You have the wait you know. You ordered one of everything and let me repeat, ‘Everything’!”
“Well I guess so… My stomach flies faster than my mouth… Or is it the other way round?”
“Well we’re going to find out! Here comes your orders!”
Just like in a magical castle, the room was flooded with stallions with chief hats and silver plated dishes. Next thing I knew different tables were coming together and someone took a hold of our seats. Everything happened so quickly that when I finally came to focus, Rainbow and I were far apart. Separated by a long line of tables.
“Oh my gosh! This is going to be great!”
And with that said, she opened a silver dish and face planted her face into it.
But me, I ate like a civilized individual. Good manners means respect.
------------------------------------------
The Princess was chuckling as she took another cookie and sipped some more tea. Was the part about Rainbow Dash eating really that amusing?
“Oh my, I’m sorry my student. It’s just that I didn’t really expect something like that to actually occur. You’re very descriptive when it comes to dramatic events!”
I let out a small burst of laughter, “Why thank you Princess. But shall we go back to the matter at hoof?”
She just smiled and nodded.
“Well after our lunch we had dessert and before you could say anything Princess, I am just as surprised by how much Rainbow Dash could eat.”
---------------------------------------
“Man I’m stuffed!” Rainbow Dash said patting her stomach.
I was surprised that it didn’t get any bigger. I guess she actually had a belly that was in another dimension.
“Wow Rainbow. I didn’t actually expect you to eat everything.”
She patted her stomach once again, “Nothing can stop this baby! Now how about some dessert!?”
I just laughed, “Well sure I guess.”
I raised my hooves and right away, a pink coated and maned mare popped out and handed out another menu. But before I could even choose she jumped up and down and said some recommended options? I didn’t know what she said but before I could say anything she dashed into the kitchen and came back again with a tray filled with many different desserts.
“Well I guess I didn’t need to choose. They already chose for me! I love the magical serves around here!”
“Yep this place sure is magical.” I said picking up something which I thought was a chocolate covered brownie.
After we had dessert I decided to meet up with the chiefs to say thank you (Mostly due to Rainbow Dash). Dash decided to walk around the campus a bit more and that she’ll meet me back at my dormitory.
As I was about to walk in the kitchen the door suddenly flung open and out came the pink maned mare.
“Oh I’m so sorry! I was in a rush because we ran out of sugar and I need the sugar to make more cakes because we make really good cake here like chocolate and all that! Oh what was I going to do again? I forgot but anyway my name is Pinkie Pie and I was wondering if you could be my friend- Oh I had to much sugar I love sugar, don’t you love sugar!? Here have a cookie!”
She was talking way too fast for me to understand, but I gratefully accepted the cookie even though I was stuffed.
“Well my name’s Twilight Sparkle. And your name is… Pinkie Pie right?”
She nodded energetically, “Yeah that’s right! I’m the dessert chef here and we really must get more sugar you and I and I know just the place come on!”
Once again I couldn’t understand her and I didn’t even know what was going on because I went flying out of my hooves, and out the door with the most sugar crazed mare in campus.
---------------------------------
“Well that was really amusing my student.”
I just laid back and looked at the stars. How long have we been talking?
“Anyway I believe I must go. I have to wake up early in the morning to bring the sun up. I hope you understand.”
I just nodded and got out of my seat. I felt my care takers grab my back from both sides and I proceeded to advance toward the nightmare hospital once again.
“Wait…”
My care takers stopped and I looked behind me to see the Princess smiling.
“Why don’t we keep our patient here nice and comfortable?”
One of my care takers started to say something but the Princess cut him off, “Why don’t you take her to my room? I sure hope you understand.”
At first they hesitated, and then they just nodded.
Before I entered the heck hospital again I had only one thought in my mind.
Why did the Princess have her own room in a mental hospital?
(End note- I don’t like this chapter! No matter how much I revise and edit it I just don’t feel like it’s right. And the fact that my fricken Microsoft Word is being stupid! I spell the words right and they say it’s wrong… It’s getting really annoying… So if there’s any wrong spelling, please forgive me. And I hope you liked this chapter. We’ll see how it goes from here now that a new brick has been added to the project. Also if you see any words like hands, feet, or anything human based I’m sorry. I’m still used to writing in human form.)