• Published 16th Nov 2016
  • 1,152 Views, 45 Comments

Pony Polka Power!!! - Gpizano



And so about a year and a half passes since spring break, catch snippets of certain character's lives during this time!

  • ...
2
 45
 1,152

Pony Breakers Are Back Alright!

It had been a couple of weeks since Jackie had made her deal with Adagio and it wasn't as bad as she had thought.

"And once you're done with the foot rub, you can start on painting the nails."

It was even worse.

Instead of doing the smart thing and say lying about working or being at band practice, Jackie had elected to follow through on her promise since she'd actually need to work for Adagio to help her with Sunset's gift. Thus here she was, sitting on the couch and rubbing Adagio's feet. While Jackie looked positively thrilled to be doing this, Adagio looked as content as a cat that had eaten a canary as she reclined on the couch. The siren lazily waved a hand to the coffee table where the drink Jackie had prepared for Adagio, Jackie's cell phone, and all the supplies were to have Adagio's toenails painted, going through the procedure since she had correctly guessed that Jackie would have no idea what she was doing.

"File the nails, and push back the cuticles, warm up the bottle then clear coat, first coat of paint, let it dry, then second coat, then another clear. "

"You know some people would think that this is a bit of abuse of power."

"Hmm, and they would be wrong. An abuse of power would be forcing you to wear that adorably revealing dog costume with matching collar and leash that Sonata picked up from that one delightful convention."

"... I'll be good."

"That's what I thought."

By the time Jackie was applying the second coat, Aria and Sonata strolled in, the former having come from training at the gym and the latter from her job. Seeing the guitarist on the couch and serving their older sister made Sonata start giggling and Aria start smirking, her snark rearing it's head.

"I'm impressed you're still at Adagio's beck and call, Vibrato. You must be really pussy whipped to put up with this for your girlfriend."

"Shut it!"

Glaring at the snickering siren, Jackie's attention was brought back to Adagio as she clicked her tongue.

"That's not very nice, Jackson. I think you owe her an apology."

"Grr... fine, I'm sorry Aria."

Many would be gracious/merciful enough to take the apology and leave it at that. Many people were not Aria.

"And do my laundry, it's really starting to pile up again."

"Oh! And then take my money and run down to the market so I can make my super chocolaty, sour gummy worm shake! And clean up the blender after I'm done!"

The guitarist could only glare at the two younger sirens as Sonata searched the pantry for a snack and Aria waltzed off to go take a shower. Adagio snickered softly as Jackie stewed in silence, going back to finish her work of painting nails. She had to admit it was quite lovely to have someone under her spell again, it wasn't as easy when she had been able to use magic but still wonderful. There was also a sense that she was possibly impressed with Jackie for sticking through this so that Adagio would stash away part of her monthly income to help Jackie get that gift for Sunset. So she reached over and fondly patted the blue haired woman's head, which earned her a scowl of course but Adagio's smile was still in place.

"Keep it up and that motorcycle will soon be yours."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah..."

"Oh yes, and don't worry about coming over until after Saturday."

".... why? What's going on?"

"Oh nothing, I just figure you'll want the rest of the week to prepare. Since while you were in the bathroom, Tino called saying that Sapphire Shore's opening act for her Los Pegasus stop cancelled on her. And she asked your band to take their place."

".... WHAT!??!?!?!?"


Needless to say the days up until Saturday found the Pony Breakers practicing like crazy. Further contact with Sapphire Shores's agent and they found they'd have exactly thirty minutes total so they also planned out the set up and the set of music they would use, mixing the usual favorites and some new songs to throw out there. With everything planned out the Pony Breakers were confident that they were Saturday! Although they wished their equipment wasn't crappy looking. And that they had more time to prepare. And that the crowd they'd be playing too wasn't solely into pop because they were going to be at the concert to see one of the giants of pop and...

Okay yeah they were nervous as fuck.

"Oh sweet candy coated zombie Jesus..."

Jackie's face blanched when she peaked out from the curtain on stage right, seeing that the Los Pegasus bowl was completely sold out. Sunset, Tino, and Poppy had all taken a peak as well, the three nervous in their own ways. Then again what could the group have expected? It was the Los Pegasus Bowl, it was the biggest outdoor amphitheater on the west coast and the biggest acts always performed at it, drawing huge crowds.

"Dios mio that's a lot of people!"

"We're going to die on stage..."

While Tino and Poppy were about as confident as could be at the moment, Sunset shook her head and clapped her hands to grab the rest of the band's attention.

"Come on guys! I know this is a bigger crowd than what we're used to, but we can do this! Think about how much more work we'll get after this! How much more known we'll get? We can do this!"

"S-Sunshine is right!"

At this point Jackie slapped her face and tried to get pumped.

"So what if this crowd is mainly here to see an icon of pop and we're rock? So what if it's a crowd that's bigger than what we're used to? So what if this is truly our make or break moment and that an opportunity like this might not come again in a long time if we blow it?! WE'RE HERE TO ROCK THEIR FACES OFF AND GET FAMOUS SO WE CAN GET PAID FOR BRINGING AWESOME ROCK INTO THE WORLD!"

It was a speech that would have possibly been more compelling... if Jackie's tell tale fear sign wasn't clearly visible. Seriously, this was probably the worst it had ever been, her right knee was shaking like a level nine earthquake! Still, despite the varying levels of anxiety they all felt, none of them were going anywhere. They were less than two minutes away from going on, Tino was taking deep breaths, Poppy was cracking her knuckles in preparation, and Sunset placed a hand on Jackie's shoulder, wanting to help ease the guitarist's nerves some.

"Jackie, you need to hurl before we go on?"

"No, no... Sunshine, you know I'll be okay when I start to play. You gonna be okay?"

"Yeah. Y-Yeah..."

"Alright... one last thing in case we get famous enough they make a documentary movie about us."

"Huh?"

All of a sudden Jackie grabbed Sunset, dipping the young woman slightly and passionately kissing her.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the Pony Breakers!"

Standing up straight, Jackie and Sunset quickly fixed their hair before going out with Tino and Poppy. The cheering wasn't as big as it would of been if they were the main act, but it was still enough to give them a shot of confidence. Jackie was bombastic as she greeted the crowd, Poppy counted them off to start on three.

"One..."

Fame and money. Money that could be used for things. Better equipment. Paying off bills. Get a better apartment. Pay for Sunset's college.

"Two..."

Both Sunset and Jackie were primed and ready, Sunset to let loose her voice to bring the lyrics to the masses and Jackie ready to shred. They glanced at each other out of the corner of their eyes, sharing a smile.

"Three!"

And it all fell away, anxiety, the intimidating presence of the crowd as they began. Poppy would start it off, setting the beats as Tino's bass joined the with smooth bass which paved the way for Jackie to begin her assault with riffs that that would crash the party and catch everyone's attention so that the sweet and powerful voice of Sunset Shimmer could deliver the lyrics that would pump up the crowd and get them psyched. For the full thirty minutes the Pony Breakers rocked harder than they ever had before, not stopping for even a second as their 'special effects' came into play and the crowd went wild.

It was thirty minutes of exhilaration where their passion reached out to the crowd and it was returned with roaring applause. When they finished with the final flourish, all were panting hard, the front of Jackie and Poppy's shirts drenched with sweat but all with smiles on their faces as they waved and left the stage. Jackie's dragon wings and tattoo went away seconds after leaving the stage, the same with Sunset's tattoo did as well. The forms of Poppy and Tino had changed as well, gaining tattoos that were unique unto themselves, but Tino's feathered wings were more that of a cicada's and Poppy's leathery like a bat. This certainly added to Sunset's hypothesis but it was for another time, right now they were feeling great and it was time to party!


A knock on the door called Adagio to the door, the siren opening it and surprised upon seeing who was on the other side.

"I didn't expect you to actually come, Jackson. Not after you made it big a couple weeks ago."

Stepping aside, she let Jackie head inside, the guitarist going over to the couch with a soft snort before replying verbally.

"We got paid good for that gig and we got a spike on selling our music online, yeah, but I can't just burn through cash, not yet."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. Gotta' save up for the important stuff, like stuff for Sunshine and booze and stuff. And probably bills. So I still want to keep this deal going, alright?"

Smirking softly, Adagio moved to sit in her arm chair, working to take off her boots before tossing them to Jackie.

"I'm impressed with you being so frugal Jackie. Now shine my boots, make me a mojito and run me a bubble bath."

Catching the boots, Jackie grit her teeth before sighing and standing up to get to work.

"Oh and Jackson, it's rather too quiet in the apartment at the moment. Serenade me with some of Coloratura's old pop songs and some Britneigh Spurs."

... this was going to be a long couple of months.

Author's Note:

I figured it was time to give the Pony Breakers a break through that would allow them to become legitimate and earn an income. And give you all an idea of the helper monkey duties Jackie has to do. XD

The magic is still not on it's final form yet in the story, it's not going to be set until the second arc for sure. But yeah, I'm making it canon that human magic involves tattoos. Because I like tattoos. XD

Edit: yeah I took out the bit with Sunset having wings. I'm still trying to figure out this thing with the powers and rules in this world as well, things are always in fluxx I guess. XP