• Published 13th Nov 2016
  • 895 Views, 29 Comments

It's Not Like I Love Him! - Bahamut0



Rainbow Dash never was the mushy romance type. But when Steel Edge stole a kiss from her in Paradox's Castle, that might just change.

  • ...
3
 29
 895

Chapter 2: Payback

Burst, Inferno, Ace, Gold, and Shadow had defeated Paradox and the group made a mad dash out of his castle before it crumbled away into nothingness. The whole school was cheering for the group, and it was decided that a party would be held to celebrate them defeating Paradox. The whole school was buzzing with energy that night. Rainbow however was living down all the girls getting into laughing fits over Steel stealing a kiss from her. "Ha ha! Laugh it up!", Rainbow fumed. "Keep on laughing that a guy stole a kiss from me!"

"I-It ain't that sugar cube.", Applejack said as her sides recovered from laughing so hard.

"Then what is it?!"

"Well darling we never..pfft!", Rarity could barely contain her laughter. "We never thought any guy would have the guts to kiss you!"

"WHAT?! I could get a guy to kiss me!", Rainbow huffed. "If I wanted."

"Really? Because I distinctly remember you saying: 'I'll never get involved in a lovey-dovey relationship unless I find a gy just as awesome as me!' ", Sunset said with a smirk. "Or are you just mad that YOU didn't make the first move?"

"N-No!", Rainbow said as her face flushed red. "I-It's not like I love him or anything! I just don't like that he stole a kiss from me!"

"Now you sound like a girl from one of my 'sappy romance novels.' ", Rarity said with a sly smile. "Face the facts Rainbow Dash. You like Steel."

"I DON'T LIKE HIM!", Rainbow nearly screamed. "What could I see in that guy? Good dueling skills? Cool-looking silver hair? Piercing green eyes...." Rainbow started to smile as she listed Steel's qualities. "That smile...and that steely gaze he gave me back at...NO! I! Don't! Have! Feelings for him!" Rainbow's face was all red after that blow-up.

"Suuure Dashie!", Pinkie chirped. "But denial isn't just a river!"

"Well....at least he gave me a chance to pay him back tomorrow!", Rainbow huffed. "I'll show him!"

The next day...

"So you took up my offer to challenge me?", Steel said with a smile. "Sweet. I was hoping to get in a good duel against you."

"Whatever man! Just shut up and duel!", Rainbow growled as she activated her duel disk!

"I always did like girls that are more rough-and-tumble!", Steel said as he activated his duel disk.

Rainbow: 8000
Steel: 8000

"Ladies first.", Steel said.

"Trying to win me over by turning on the charm? I don't think so!", Rainbow said. "I summon Sapphire Pegasus in attack mode and equip him with Crystal Release! Now that he's on the field I can set another Crystal Beast from my hand or deck face-up in my spell and trap card zone! Then I'll set a card and end my turn."

"My move! I draw! Huh. Didn't expect to get this good a hand at the start. Oh well. I play Advanced Ritual Art! I'll send a level eight normal monster from my deck to the graveyard! Now I summon BLS-Super Soldier! Attack Sapphire Pegasus! Super Soldier Strike!" With a strike quicker than lightning, Sapphire Pegasus was destroyed!

"I choose to put Pegasus into my spell and trap card zone! And thanks to Crystal Release I can set another Crystal Beast in my spell and trap card zone!"

"Don't forget Super Soldier's effect. When he destroys a monster by battle he deals their attack points as damage. I'll set a card and end my turn."

Rainbow: 5000
Steel: 8000

"I draw! I summon Crystal Beast Amber Mammoth in defense mode and set another card! Now I'll activate my trap! Crystal Raigeki! I'll send one of my Crystal Beasts from my spell and trap card zone to the graveyard to destroy your Super Soldier!"

"I don't think so! I activate my trap! Super Soldier Shield! If a spell, trap, or monster effect targets a monster on my field I can negate the activation and destroy that card!"

"Grrrr. I end my turn."

"I draw. Are you mad about yesterday? I thought you would've liked the straight-forward approach. I'm not a fan of the elaborate and mushy type of asking out either."

"W-well I'm not either!", Rainbow stammered! "It's not like I enjoyed that kiss! Just hurry up and make your move!" 'Even if it was pretty good.'

"Alright then. I attack Amber Mammoth! And now you take his attack points as damage!"

"I choose not to put my Mammoth in my spell and trap card zone! Now I activate my trap! Crystal Pair! This lets me place another Crystal Beast face-up in my spell and trap card zone!"

"Good move. I end my turn."

Rainbow: 3300
Steel: 8000

"I draw! Sweet! I play Crystal Beacon to special summon Topaz Tiger in defense mode! Now I normal summon Emerald Tortoise in defense mode! Then I'll set a card and end my turn."

"My move! I'll attack your tiger!"

"I don't think so! I activate Rainbow Path! This negates your attack and since I have seven crystal beasts in total on my field and in my graveyard, I can add Rainbow Dragon or Rainbow Dark Dragon to my hand! I choose Rainbow Dragon!"

"I end my turn."

"Now to bring out my ace! I summon Rainbow Dragon since I've got seven crystal beasts total on my field and in my graveyard! Now I activate his effect! I send all the crystal beasts on my field to the graveyard to let him gain 1000 attack for each one sent! Attack BLS-Super Soldier! Spectral Surge!" Rainbow Dragon unleashed a wave of rainbow energy that wiped out BLS-Super Soldier! "I end my turn."

Rainbow Dash: 3300
Steel: 2000

"Having fun yet Dash?"

"Considering I'm close to kicking your butt, yeah! I'm having the time of my life!"

"Me too. You aren't holding anything back, so neither will I! I play Harmonic Ritual! I'll banish BLS-Super Soldier from my graveyard to ritual summon BLS-Ultimate Soldier! I'll banish your monster until the end phase so he can attack you directly!" Rainbow braced herself as the attack made contact with her life points! "I end my turn."

Rainbow Dash: 300
Steel: 2000

"Well at least Rainbow Dragon's back. I draw! Awesome! I play Harmonic Fusion to fuse Rainbow Dragon from my field with Rainbow Dark Dragon from my deck to the graveyard to fusion summon Rainbow Ascension Dragon! Now I'll activate his effect! I can return Rainbow Dragon from the graveyard to my deck to shuffle all other cards on the field back into their decks! Attack him directly! Ascension Rainbow Wave!" Rainbow Ascension released a mighty blast of energy that wiped out the last of Steel's life points! "And that's game!", Rainbow Dash said as she flashed the victory sign.

"Good duel Dash. So?"

"So what Steel?"

"Aren't you going to pay me back for that kiss I stole?"

Rainbow smirked. 'Oh this is too good! Let's see how he likes it!' "How could I forget?", Rainbow said with a cocky smile as she walked up to Steel and planted a kiss on his lips. But while she meant it as punishment, Steel actually seemed to enjoy it! And the crazy thing was, so was Rainbow Dash and she broke it off at this shocking realization. "Th-that meant nothing! G-gotta go!" Rainbow ran off to process what she was feeling. Steel couldn't help but chuckle at her reaction.

"I should have figured she'd act like this.", he said with a smile.