• Published 14th Nov 2016
  • 405 Views, 0 Comments

It's My Duty To Protect - BronySis



In the city of Canterlot there are ponies who protect the princess and the city in general. Then a disaster struck, causing Equestria to go into a collapse and split. All that left are clans split among each other.

  • ...
 0
 405

Ice

Do you have any idea what it's like being the oldest of three siblings? I mean I love them, but I hate them. You know I hear that's normal though. Don't get me wrong I love my siblings but after time I have learned to avoid conflict so I can solve conflict. That's my cutie mark, I am a therapist, Ice Breaker, get it. I mean, if it weren't for Cinder's lack of emotional stability, and Star's lack of patients. I wouldn't have my cutie mark, and I would not have the same admiration of Cinder as I do now. She is a lot I am not, and I am stallion enough to admit that. But she always can get me to smile. That is her strongest trait, and the one I am most jealous of. But I still love her and will always support her, not romantically of course. But as my favorite sister, I will always support her. -Ice

Cinder bit her lip as she looked to the device on her wrist. She was so excited about getting a weapon, that she kinda forgot to get instructions on how to use it. It was a odd looking contraption, looked like something she might see in a war movie. Oh wait she is in a war so close enough. The device seemed to work like a bow and arrow, you move your hoof backwards, then forwards. And you should be able to shoot, but there doesn't seem to be a place to put the ammo. Cinder continues to stare at it as she sits in her tent, her ears perked as somepony entered the tent. She looked over not moving her head to see who it was. Her response differing depending on who it was.

“Can I give it a look?” It was Ice, Cinder looked over and smiled.

“Sure, let me know if you figure it out.” Cinder took off her foreign, and shoved over the stuff that came with it with her wing. Ice sat on the floor next to his sister, he looked at it and started to pick it up with his hoof. He carefully examined it, eyes staring intensely at it. “I probably should have asked for instructions, I probably should have gotten it from the horse's mouth.” Cinder gave herself a small chuckle, as did her brother. Afterwards a click was heard, Ice had figured it out.

“Here you go,” He gave the weapon to his sister, fully loaded with mini-darts. Ice gave a quick demonstration on what he had did, how to load it and use it.

“So how was your instructional hour? Or hours? Or whatever you want to call it.” Cinder asked in curiosity as Ice went into his bed. He tried to mask how tired he was, which for him was not all that hard.

“It did its job, boring and tedious sure. But it did its job, I got assigned my patients,and I got there files.” He pulled his blankets up, he was always cold, like all the time. From his body language, and the fact she knew him all her life, Cinder could tell he was exhausted. Cinder stood up and stretched in a cat like fashion, her wings stretched showing off her feathers in desperate need of preening. She started to walk out, feeling her brother needs some rest, but a figure walks into the tent. Its Star getting back from his tour, he looked still springing with energy. But he also had a look of frustration, Cinder knows what to do when he’s like this. She gets out of the tent doing everything to avoid eye-contact, and any other contact. She decides to see if she could get Espérer to time her around the rink, and maybe do do some target practice before her first day tomorrow.

“You day was probably bad to, huh?” Star asked as he lased on his mattress, seemingly losing all the strength in his legs. His horn seemed burned out, like it had been used for a long strain of time, thankfully horns are not light bulbs he can still use it, it just needs to recharge.

“Well I was just lectured on there rules and regulation, you know the usual when coming into a new work environment. Most of it was very normal but it was odd. I was assigned a mentor, a pony who going to be with me while I did my job.” Star nodded his head, signaling he had the same more or less. Ice grew a sarcastic tone and groaned. “I bet this will end in sunshine and rainbows, this won’t get in my way of me doing you know my job, what, so, ever.” Ice emphasized the last part of his sentence with a large amount of sarcasm. Star, didn’t laugh,compared to how Cinder would,he just simply stared at the wall of the tent. A large amount of awkward silence went with neither of the brothers speaking up eventually Cinder came like a dart through the tent. While she was grabbing her armor she spoke.

“We have a problem you two need to rush to the safe hall!” Panic was in her voice, while confusion was dumbfounding Star, Ice started to become fearful. She got her armor on and she stared out less than a second later the security bell rang. Signaling a security breach, there was something there what wasn't suppose to be. Ice and Star ran towards the safe hall, Ice tries to glance back to see his sister, but panic mostly blinded his vision.

Author's Note:

Looking for cover art. PM if your interested.