• Published 14th Nov 2016
  • 405 Views, 0 Comments

It's My Duty To Protect - BronySis



In the city of Canterlot there are ponies who protect the princess and the city in general. Then a disaster struck, causing Equestria to go into a collapse and split. All that left are clans split among each other.

  • ...
 0
 405

Rainbow

When my best friend Applejack went with that lying pony who dares to call herself a princess. After that I knew where my loyalty stood, my friend was in pain and needed a second in command so why not the best flier in Equestria. When I learned Pinkie Pie was going to join us it made me as happy as the situation let me. I have my princess, and I don't need a traitor. Especially a princess that lied to my princess. Wow I just realized how sappy that sound. We don't have time for this, hurry up and give me forty! -Rainbow Dash

“So this is are bunks?” Ice asked to Star, his eyebrow furrowed. They were two mattresses on the ground, not the most comfortable looking.

“Look on the bright side, Cinder has to sleep in a sleeping bag on the ground while there are working on more bunk beds.” The two stallions looked at it. It was a small tent, with two extremely small desks and a quill and paper, well at least they had there own tent. Small sure but there own tent, unlike their sister. As they were getting settled in, the two brothers heard stomps at the ground. Ice went up to the opening and opened the flap of the tent to find his sister, there she was four bags in her mouth. The saddlebags of the three and another brown bag. She had a large smile stretched the whole way across her face. Her freckles caught in her dimples.

“Guess, what, it is so exciting! It will make you skybound.” Cinder dropped her bags and started flapping her wings in excitement. “I was able to get Pinkie Pie to talk to Twilight, to talk to another pony, who talked to another pony.” She paused taking in a deep breath, she continued. “Well, I was able to talk that pony into letting me stay with you two.” Cinder got two very different reactions. Ice grew a small grin, while Stars ears fell.

“That’s grea-” But Ice was cut off by his brother.

“Why? You're getting your own spot in the warriors base.” Star exclaimed to his sister. Cinder’s ears fell as far back as they could go, but she kept her smiling face though.

“Yeah, but I though we are siblings and that spot could easily go to somepony else.” Cinder stared into Star’s eye’s.

“You're lying,” Star said in a confident voice. The two bickered about it, until it was very obvious the two were not going to solve it on there own.

“Hey can you two please stop.” Ice broke them up, his wings separating the two. “You two are fighting like filly’s. Let’s step back and look at this from a different perspective.” The two trotted in different directions. And Ice gave a large sigh as the two walk off. Cinder walked out of the tent, gave a large inhale then exhale. This was no reason to make everyone else sad. Cinder put a smile on her face, and decided to get a first look at everything before she starts tomorrow. Because right now she needs to get away from her brother. Cinder hummed a tune that Pinkie taught her, about smiling and seeing other ponies smile. She comes up to the training ring watching what was going on.

“Is that your fastest, come on you wimps I want to see you go faster!” The element of Loyalty blew a whistle. She glared at the four ponies she was teaching. The way the training system is done is mentors would get two to six trainees. And lucky Cinder got a ruffian of an mentor. She looked over to the training pen across the way and saw a orange pegasus with a pink purplish man. It was hard to tell is is pink or purple, the world will never know. She stared over there for a bit trying to figure it out until a loud scream came to her ear. “Hey your not suppose to be here till tomorrow,” Cinder blinked a couple of times, then rubbed her ear with her hoof, then responded.

“I wanted to get a early look, mam.” Cinder said as a rookie does to a higher level commander.

“Hey Rainbow give the rookie a break, she just wants to see what she dragged herself into.” Cinder looked to the pony who saved her hide. It was a pegasus mare, she is beautiful. She was covered in silver armor, but under the armor. She was a white mare with a white mane, she had silver eyes. Her mane was about the same length as Rainbow Dash.

“Espérer, I am in the middle of talking with the rookie for that give me another twenty.” Espérer was that beautiful mare, And like a foul Cinder blushed wildly. “Don’t think I forgot about you.” Rainbow yelled into Cinder’s ear, The element of loyalty threw Cinder some goggles. “I want you up there two, go and give me twenty-five.” Cinder raised an eyebrow then threw on the goggles and took to the the sky, or at least what a sky is to a underground cave. She didn’t know where to go so she just followed Espérer. After about a lap Cinder got an good where she was going. But followed the mare in front of her, just in case. After twenty laps Espérer flew to the ground, now it was just Cinder in the sky. She flew at a quicker pace than before, it was obvious she wasn't trying to show off unlike the other pegasus on there first flight. Rainbow Dash blew her whistle signaling for Cinder to land. She came into the same place as Espérer landed. She roughly came in, when she landed she walked to the side and panted. Espérer walked up next to Cinder and gave her a pat on the back.

“Nice job, I know I wasn't able to do that my first time.” Her voice was like listening to a singing bird, its beautiful. “But don’t let it go to your head. Or else you are going to have a rough time here.” Cinder convinced herself to smile again, she nodded. “You know it's nice to have another mare on the team, you know besides Crash.” The two mares giggled, then the mare, crash whom they were talking about.

"Alright you two, we shall continue training tomorrow, till then I want you to get grub." The flyers under Rainbow Dash's care were about to head to the mess hall before Rainbow spoke up one more time."Oh yeah, Cinder, Espérer, you two will be last in line." Espérer's ears dropped and a disappointed look came across her face. The five ponies walked towards the grub hall, the two mare's walked far behind them. At least we are eating, not like we grounded from dinner, Cinder thought. The mares didn't talk to each other the whole way there.

Author's Note:

I have been having a fun time with this story. I hope you are enjoying, this I know I am.