• Published 30th Jun 2012
  • 1,994 Views, 16 Comments

Braggart's Bane - Valorousspectre



Trixie, OC, Journal, Romance.

  • ...
6
 16
 1,994

Ghosts of the past

Chapter 6: Ghosts of the Past

Entry 253, beginning of Autumn.

We avoided the town this, Ponyville. Trixie, I swear, was hiding behind me the entire time. Not that she’ll admit it. She’s proud... very proud. A little too proud I believe. I still have yet to find out what happened in her life that made her this way. One doesn’t become so paranoid about ones image over nothing, and Trixie takes it to the extreme.

My Theory is that something traumatised her at a young age and she adopted the persona of ‘The Great and Powerful Trixie’ rather than just her name, which I assume is Trixie. Perhaps someday she will see me as enough of a friend to tell me, but I shall respect her silence on the matter for it is not my decision as to when she should, or even if she will, reveal her past to me.

I am working on a new song. I’m sorry, I never mentioned this before did I? Well I guess you know now. My guitar isn’t exactly in the best condition. Hay, it’s a battered old thing. But it works and it still sounds like it should. I love this old thing. I could never let it go, no matter what.

I’m not quite sure of the lyrics yet, they always come with time and the right circumstances. Trixie thinks my music sessions a waste of time, but I don’t care what she thinks of it. It’s a hobby and it’s something I do quite well, so I shall continue doing it. I like the guitar since it’s got so much diversity to it. You can do so much with it. And, if tuned right, it has the deepest sounds to the highest stretching across its’ strings. All in perfect balance.

Trixie wants to go to Canterlot, but there is somepony I must see first. I haven’t seen Zecora in many years, not since she left the plains of her people. Her way of speaking is strange, but somehow hypnotic. That is, if she still speaks in rhyme. I can only just remember her and the way she spoke to everypony. Gods above, I used to love going by her place just to hear her talk like that.

I look forward to seeing her again.

~*~

The Great and Powerful Journal entry thirty-eight.

Trixie could get used to this company thing. Trixie gets somepony to talk to about all her Great achievements and, at night at least, Trixie gets a little music. Don’t tell the silly stallion this, but Trixie thinks he’s actually pretty good. Obviously not as good as Trixie, but not too bad all the same.

Sometimes Trixie hears him mumbling while he plays, then sing softly. His voice is okay. Not nearly as good as his guitar. Or perhaps Trixie hasn’t heard him trying to sing? Trixie is uncertain. But Trixie does know he could never hope to sound better than Trixie when he sings. Trixie is a Great and Powerful Singer as well as just a Great and Powerful stage performer! But then, Trixie is good at everything she does, so Trixie shouldn’t have to explain herself.

Trixie is hesitant to venture into this forest her companion wishes to travel into. Tis dark and Trixie has heard bad things about it. Perhaps Trixie will wait outside the forest whilst her companion goes in? Yes, Trixie thinks this is a good idea. Trixie will inform he companion of her decision soon.

He’s looking at me again, a strange distance in his eyes. Trixie is not sure if she’s comfortable under this gaze or not. She cannot tell what kind of gaze it is. It isn’t an adoring gaze and it isn’t friendly, nor is it hostile. Trixie finds this stallion intriguing, and would like to research this further.

The Great and Powerful Trixie shall research!

~*~

The Great and Powerful Journal entry thirty-nine.

Trixie is waiting. Her Companion has braved the Everfree forest just two minutes ago and Trixie became bored, so Trixie is writing in her Great and Powerful Journal.

But what should Trixie write about? Trixie never really cared for telling anypony anything. But Trixie supposes she should find something to write about.

Trixie shall tell her journal about her past. Trixie was born in Canterlot. Yes, Trixie was born in the capitol of Equestria! Trixies’ mother was nice and supported Trixie throughout her schooling. Trixie went to a prestigious magic school that was created by order of Celestia. Trixie always admired the Greatness and Powerfulness of the Princess Celestia, even though she rarely ever saw her. Trixie had started her fifth year in magic school when her mother passed away. She was taken care of by herself, her father didn’t care. But then, Trixies’ father was always lazy, and didn’t care what Trixie did. Until he had to take care of Trixie... He pulled me out of school, saying we needed the money and Trixie told him to go get a job. Trixies’ father was furious. He often beat Trixie for no reason other than the simple pleasure of beating her. Trixie always wondered where Trixies’ mother got all her bruises... and that was where, Trixie has no doubt.

Trixie cooked, washed, cleaned and got a job working at a florist. Trixie wasn’t very satisfied. Trixies’ talent was to perform! Not to sell silly flowers! Trixie believes that a flower means nothing. Flowers are simply petals and sap, largely useless to anypony. They might look pretty, but after a while they wilt and go ugly.

Anyway, as Trixie was saying.

Trixie lost her job after her father came in and started yelling at her for, and Trixie quotes, ‘Not doing the F****ng washing’. Trixie is not vulgar enough to use this word. Trixie was beaten within an inch of her life that day for losing her job, then daring to suggest it wasn’t Trixies’ fault. It wasn’t a happy life. Trixie eventually ran away. But not before stealing her fathers’ caravan. Of course, it’s gone now... after Trixie put so much time and effort into modifying it too. Trixie would have been in her final year before graduating at that point. Nostalgic isn’t it?

So you see, Trixie wasn’t always Great and Powerful. No, Trixie earned her greatness and her Powerfulness and her fame! Trixie is the underdog and Trixie will prevail.

It has begun to get dark and Ro-Siing has yet to return. Trixie hopes for her sake that he is still alive. Trixie would hate to continue on her own.