• Published 29th Jun 2012
  • 1,883 Views, 23 Comments

The Rainbow Grows - TheRainbowDashShow



Some pony tries to tear Applejack and Rainbow Dash apart from one another.

  • ...
4
 23
 1,883

Chapter 8

A silver Pegasus flew above the streets of Ponyville, scouting for the other two ponies she had been sent to locate. There was no pony in sight, the streets were silent and the street lights blinking off one by one as time went on. She grumbled to herself, if anything had gone wrong, the others were supposed to meet her at the fountain but they were nowhere to be found.

Her wings were getting tired but she couldn't return empty-hoofed, so she kept on. Only one light remained active, she glided over to it, spotting her target; a rainbow maned pony who leaned on the iron rod of the light. She lowered herself closer towards the pony, her worn out wings flapped loudly as they tried to sustain a steady flight.

Rainbow Dash's ears perked up. She could hear a failed attempt of a Pegasus trying to make a stealthy approach. A heavy wind gusting into her with each flap the pony above her made. The flying pony began to make a more rapid descent and prepared to tackle her prey.

The street light blipped out, only darkness filled the roads of Ponyville now. Rainbow Dash's eyes had already adjusted to the night as she had been wandering the streets for hours now. She took advantage of the opportunity, she casually side-stepped out of the way and the silver pony collided with the stone ground.

The silver coat of the Pegasus shimmered in the moonlight, making it all the more easy for her to be spotted. Quietly, Rainbow approached her but an unexpected blow landed into her injured leg. Rainbow Dash groaned, biting down on one of her hooves, while she rubbed the aching one with her spare.

The opposing Pegasus recovered more quickly than Rainbow Dash was capable of. She got to her hooves and kicked her adversary in the chest, knocking the wind out of her. Coughing frantically, as she tried to stabilize her lungs, she received another hard strike to her stomach followed by another and another.

Rainbow Dash coiled into herself, trying to protect her chest from the flurry of hooves that landed into her. The onslaught continued and with a desperate attempt to fight back, anticipating the next kick, she grabbed at the hoof before it could land, yanking her enemy down towards her, plowing her into the ground once again.

Rainbow Dash held nothing back, she had caught the pony off guard and this would be her only chance to retaliate. She smashed her free hoof into the gripped Pegasus's side. She then pushed herself back onto her hooves, taking the upper ground. Standing over the Pegasus, she returned one of the kicks, using as much force as she could muster.

The impact of the hoof caused the silver Pegasus to roll over on her side, revealing the joint of one of her wings. Rainbow Dash stomped down at the spot just where the wing met, causing the wing to extend and flatten out on the cobblestone beneath it.

"What's your name?" Rainbow Dash shouted into her victim's ear, pressing down on the wing beneath her hoof.

The Pegasus gasped in pain, "Q-quicksilver" she whimpered.

"What the hay do you want?" Quicksilver did not respond. Applying more force to the wing she repeated her question, "I said, what do you want?" the words squeezing through her clenched teeth as she spoke.

Another whimper and the Pegasus replied, "I-I-I was supposed to-to come get y-you" she stammered, trying to cope with the pain.

"By whom?" Rainbow Dash asked, increasing the weight on the joint once more.

Quicksilver scratched a hoof at the ground, hoping to take her mind off the pain. "I d-d-don't know the pony’s name, the pony said that I’d get my pay at the end of the night when I finished the job."

Convinced the Pegasus was willing to talk without further persuasion Rainbow Dash lifted her hoof up just enough to soothe some of her pain. "What does whoever this pony want with me?"

Quicksilver looked at her wing, "Please…" she cried softly.

"Tell me what I want to know and this will all be over, if not, it will get much worse." Rainbow Dash said in a voice that was both grim and threatening.

"I don’t know!"

"Tell me!" Rainbow Dash bellowed into the pony's ear, causing her to flinch with fear. "Something about an orange farm pony." Quicksilver squeaked.

Horror covered Rainbow Dash's face, "WHERE?" she screamed, pressing down on the wing harder than before.

"G-G-Ghastly Gorge!" Quicksilver blubbered and with her answer she was let go and Rainbow Dash took off running in the opposite direction