• Published 9th Nov 2016
  • 879 Views, 0 Comments

My Brave Pony Starfleet Humans - DakariKingMykan



Lightning Dawn has his very first visit to the human world.

  • ...
78
 0
 879

Act 1: Rainbow Rod Stolen

ACT ONE

It all started a year and a half ago, back when Lightning and his friends still lived on the planet Unicornicopia on the other side of the Galaxy.

They had recently earned their astronaut licenses allowing them to travel to other planets. They had just vanquished Titans evil minions, and had collected two and a half of the mystical Star Stones. Krysta still had amnesia of her role as fairy queen, and Lightning had not totally mastered the uniforce yet.

Not a single one of them had ever heard of the planet Equestria, and had never met any of the inhabitants.



Not too far away from Unicornicopia, was the planet Mandala. A beautiful planet consisting of meadows and mountain regions, inhabited by winged beast like humanoids and dragons. Many got along very well and lived and worked together in peace, while others detested this arrangement, as they preferred to be fierce and frightening beasts, and often resorted to wreaking havoc upon the good inhabitants. So the elders of the planet had sent messages across space to hire Starfleet to send officers and establish lookout bases to help keep their planet safer from evil.

One day, the good creatures of a nearby village were enjoying a blissful day as children played and the adults worked, when all of a sudden, a large gaggle of rebel dragons and winged beasts came soaring down from the skies, breathing fire and soaring mercilessly through town scarring the good inhabitants to pieces. “Get ‘em!” shouted a dragon as he unleashed his fiery wrath, setting fire to many of the rooftops. “You wimps have lost your pride!” snarled a winged beast woman as she swiped at stands and carts, breaking them to bits and frightening the inhabitants.

The good inhabitants were not as skilled fighters as the rebels and could hardly defend themselves. Finally, a dragon and a winged beast had cornered a winged beast mother and her frightened little son. Things would have gotten really messy had a dimensional space portal not appeared in skies, and several genetically altered humanoid like alicorns emerged and soared down like speeding comets, at the head of the gang was Lieutenant Lightning Dawn, the code AO0C stamped on his armor beneath the Starfleet insignia and energizer. “In the name of Starfleet, I order you to desist!” he shouted.

The rebel dragons began to breathe fireballs at the fighters. “Let’s go!” Lightning shouted to his comrades. Starla Shine, Code-KY1M, followed behind him and growled in frustration “Why can’t they ever do this the easy way?”

They and all their friends evaded the fireball attacks, and landed in the middle of town and starred down the gang of rebels. “This is going to be good.” snarled a dragon. “Who wants to get fixed first?” asked a winged beast.

Lightning snickered mockingly. “You should have quit while you were ahead.” he said. “Ready, guys…?”

“…READY!!” the others shouted. “STARFLEET MAGIC!!” tapping their energizers, their super armor and visors were donned. They all stood together as Lightning proudly proclaimed…

“Guardians of the universe,
United we stand
To punish all evil,
And protect what is grand!”

“…Power of Believing”

Starla: “Power of Space”

Buddy Rose: FT5H: “Power of Flora”

Artie; HV7J: “Power of Art!”

Rhymey; XL7Z: “I summon within… Power of Wind”

Dyno and Myte: IW8K and JX9L: “Power of Fire”

The dragons and beasts gazed at one another with annoyed expressions and rushed at the fighters. “Go!” shouted Lightning as he and the fighters charged forth. Lightning jumped and split kicked two dragons hard in their faces.

Starla took to the skies and was being chased after by three beasts. “What’s the rush, pretty pony?” one of them mocked, but Starla wasn’t flying scared, she was getting enough distance to slam hard to a complete stop and then zipped back the other way fast, colliding back first into one of the beasts and sending it crashing hard to the ground. The other two beasts were shocked and outraged. “Come on, let’s get her!” They charged at her head on, but Starla got out her Star Bow. “STARLIGHT ARROW” and she skillfully fired two shots at once, striking the two beasts, sparks blasted at them and he fell down to their fallen comrade on the ground.

Buddy Rose leapt up high and flipped through the air landing on his feet and attacked all the oncoming beasts and dragons, but got bashed and kicked a few times as well and sent skidding along the ground. “Okay, that does it! VINE WHIP” he cracked his whip on the ground twice as the monsters approached him. He whipped a beast by the talon and sent her slamming into three dragons. Two stayed down, but the third got up and stared him down like a cowhand. “Draw!” he hissed.

“LEAF SWARM”

The dragon blew his fiery breath, disintegrating the razor leaves instantly, but in doing so he let his guard down allowing Buddy Rose to skid along the ground beneath the flame blast and lassoed the dragon’s mouth shut while he was still blowing, causing the flames to blast in his mouth like a bomb. The dragon, now covered in soot, blinked once, coughed out a small smoke-O and fainted. “You didn’t say excuse me.” Buddy Rose teased.

Meanwhile, Artie and Rhymey back-flipped along the ground and stopped in a wide open area where several monsters ganged up on them “These guys don’t know when to quit.” Artie said.

“Let’s beat these pains.
Their loss is our gains!” said Rhymey.

The monsters charged, but the two fighters punched, kicked, and bashed the brutes hard.

“PAINT BOMB”

“DRILL QUILL”

The monsters went down, but one large dragon and one beast were still standing, and they angrily rubbed their claws and talons together hinting it was about to get personal. The two ponies turned and nodded each other and got out their weapons.

“SUPER STAFF”

“WARD SWORD”

Artie took on the beast and Rhymey fought the dragon parrying their weapons against the brutes’ claws and talons. The dragon fired his breath at Rhymey, but he swerved out of the way and zipped up over the dragon’s head, grabbing him by the horns and actually shoving him down hard, face first into the ground, and Artie gave the beast a good clunk on the head knocking her down and out.

He slapped a high-five, and did a high foot with Rhymey. “All right…!”

“…Out of sight!”

The Spanish twins faced three dragons at once. “Let’s burn ‘em boys!” the lead dragon shouted and he and his friends all unleashed their fiery breaths on the twins at once, but the twins simply stood where they were and nodded at one another. They joined hands and shouted “BOOM-BOOM FIREBALLS” and fought fire with fire. The results were explosive sending all of them soaring and crashing onto the ground. “So that’s how you want to play? Fine!” growled a dragon, and he and his friends charged at the twins.

“After you, brother.” said Dyno.

“Gracias, brother.” said Myte, and he leapt up forth and kicked the first dragon hard, and the second. The third stood behind him ready to slash him with his huge claws, but Dyno jumped in and bashed him hard. “VIVA!!” the boys hollered.

As the battle continued, however, the fighters remained unaware that they were being watched by a pair of sinister eyes from a cave in the side of one of the mountains near the village. The stranger sneered sinisterly and continued to watch the fight; particularly observing Lightning the most; waiting and hoping for him to do something special.

Lightning continued to punch, kick and bash the monsters out of his sight, and he got hit himself a few times, but hardly stood down. One dragon crept up on him from behind and grabbed him hard in a huge bind. “Now I got’cha!” he growled. “Oh, boy!” groaned Lightning as the dragon looked ready for a bit of his head, when suddenly a huge boulder crashed down on the dragon head conking him out. Lightning looked up and saw his Krysta wink at him. “Am I too late?” she asked teasingly.

Lightning gave her the shot-signal with his fingers, “Perfect timing, Krysta, as usual.”

Soon, the remainder of the gang of monsters huddled together in one place, and all of Lightning’s friends came soaring form the skies and landing near him. “It’s time for you brutes to see me little toy; RAINBOW ROD!” Holding out his powerful scepter and wielding it swiftly, he dashed over and ran in super speeding circles around and around the monsters to confuse them.

The sinister character eyed the Rainbow Rod from her viewing spot. “There it is.” she hissed. “I must get that rod.”

Lightning continued to run in circles and then fluttered up, up, up. He set the rod on “Capture” and the rod began to glow. “SPECTRUM STREAM” Lightning shouted, and blasted the monsters from above. “UH OH!!” shouted the creatures as they all were hit and exploded, and when the smoke cleared, the creatures were all shrunk down and changed into figurine versions of themselves-- frozen in suspended animation, and all of them were trapped inside prison-spheres, and the rest all lay unconscious. Lightning’s friends cheered and leapt with joy, and as Lightning landed gracefully on the ground, he proclaimed “Starfleet, victory is ours!”

Minimal damages were done in the village, but none of the other inhabitants were badly hurt, just a few bruises and grazes here and there. All of them were cheering in thanks to the fighters. “Thank goodness we sent for your services.” The mother beast said.

“Bless you, Starfleet. What would we do without you?” a dragon said.

“We were glad to help.” said Lightning as he and all his friends accepted handshakes and thanks from all the good creatures. Krysta soon headed off to send for reinforcements to help bring the rebel creatures to take them to prison. They could see the sooner that Starfleet was setup the better the planet would be.

Suddenly, as the fighters prepared to leave and head back to Unicornicopia, Lightning got struck, by surprise, by magical beams, and was knocked back hard, dropping the Rainbow Rod. “Lightning!” cried Starla.

“Are you okay?” asked Buddy Rose.

Lightning wasn’t hurt badly, but he wondered what that was that hit him. He and his friends then saw the Rainbow Rod was levitating and floating towards a mysterious humanoid female, with pale blue skin, and diamonds as spikey hair sticking straight up. She wore a silvery sparkling cape, a jewel-encrusted tunic, and around her neck was spherical sparkling pendant.

“Who’s she?” asked Artie. They didn’t know, but it became clear she was up to no good if she was trying to take the Rainbow Rod. The fighters scanned her with their visors, and saw her physical strength, defense, and magic levels were very high!

She gripped the rod in her left hand and snickered at the fighters.

“Give me that back!” Lightning demanded. “Now why would I want to do that?” hissed the lady.

Convinced she was wicked, the fighters stood ready to brawl. Lightning tried to call the Rainbow Rod back to him, as it normally would, but the rod didn’t respond to his voice orders. “It no longer will function for you that way.” the lady sneered “This weapon is now mine, and with it I now have the power I need to make all my wishes come true.”

“Let’s get her!” shouted Lightning. He and his friends charged forth, but the lady’s eyes glowed brightly and she sent them all back hard. They got up and rushed at her, but she swiftly swerved and ducked out of the way of their every attack, and hit them all back with powerful kicks and punches. Sparks flew everywhere, and it also didn’t help that the fighters were still a little tired from their previous battle.

The lady snickered wickedly. “I don’t know if this is either fun or a waste of time, and I thought you were all professional fighters.” She then clasped the pendant around her neck, the jewel began to glow and a large swirling portal vortex appeared behind her. “Love to stay, but I really must be going.”

The fighters got back up and gazed in awe at the vortex, having never seen anything like it. They tried to scan it with their visors, but there was no info about this phenomenon. Still, Lightning was not about to let his weapon slip away. He and his friends continued to attack at the lady, and continued to get bashed and pummeled away, but suddenly she was caught off guard and Lightning punched hard in the face and dropped the rod. “Ugh! My beautiful face!” she cried “How could you do that do me?!”

Lightning managed to grab the rod, but the lady blasted furiously at him, which soon resulted in the fighters playing Keep Away; passing the rod back and forth in attempt to keep it away from the lady. “Lightning, catch!” cried Artie as he tossed the rod over to him. “No!” shouted the lady as she blasted the rod knocking it into swirling vortex. “No!” shouted Lightning as he and the others watched in horror as the rod swirled round and around and vanished in a bright flash. The lady screamed in frustration and jumped through the vortex after it. “Come back here!” shouted Lightning as he jumped after her, but the vortex vanished before he could reach it causing him to fall onto the ground.

His friends gathered around him, but Lightning angrily pounded his fist into the ground over losing the Rainbow Rod; the very weapon his mentor had entrusted him with. The others couldn’t blame him, and their minds were racked with curiosity. Who was that lady? What did she want with the rod? Most importantly, where did she go with it?

“Lightning…” Starla said trying to comfort him “Don’t worry. We’ll get the rod back.”

Lightning spoke calmly “But how? Where do we even start looking?”

The others had not a clue, but just then, Dyno saw something shimmering in the grass. “Hey, look at this.” he said as he scooped up the lady’s pendant, which used to make the vortex appear. “She must’ve dropped it during the struggle.” said Myte.

“Look, it’s cracked too.” said Buddy Rose. The jewel was indeed cracked and its magical glow was slightly faded and pulsating.

“It may be a clue,
But what should we do?” asked Rhymey.

Lightning grasped the jewel and suggested they return to Unicornicopia. “We’ve got to tell Grand Ruler about this, now!” So they left the rebels for their reinforcements to handle and headed back to their home planet, Unicornicopia.


Once there, they flew up to Grand Ruler’s floating palace in the sky high above Rainbow City. At first the guards wouldn’t let them pass without making a proper appointment, but Grand Ruler could tell this was an emergency and let them pass. “Master!” cried Lightning as he and his friends dashed into the throne room, almost forgetting courtesy and bowed to their ruler, he bowed back to them. “What have you to report, Lightning?”

Lightning felt almost too embarrassed to tell his mentor what happened to the Rainbow Rod, but it had to be done. After explaining and showing Grand Ruler the pendant, it became clear to him what was going on. “I didn’t believe it entirely myself, until now.” Grand Ruler said “This is very serious indeed.”

He started with the lady they met…

Her name was Sapphira; Empress Sapphira. She was a crystal-like humanoid creature; a Crystallite from the planet Jemanite, where she once ruled as queen, and was defiantly one of the most wanted criminals in the Starfleet profiles.

The Crystallites were very attractive creatures, but only on the surface. They were reputed to having the most outrageous of egos in the galaxy, claiming they were the most beautiful creatures of all, and felt it gave them the right to do as they wanted. The worst part they were treacherous thieves that specialized in stealing treasures and preserving their good looks, but most of all, seizing control of all they desire, namely worlds which would entitle them to steal more treasures and conquer more worlds.

Long before Lightning’s arrival on Unicornicopia, Starfleet engaged in war with these loathsome creatures, and managed to defeat many of them and force the rest into surrender, but Sapphira refused to give in. She battled with Grand Ruler, and after a fierce fight, Sapphira was arrested, but as she was being taken to prison, she pulled one last trick up her sleeve and disappeared through a warp vortex right before the guards’ eyes.

Grand Ruler had not seen it, and was not certain of their claims at first. Starfleet searched, and searched but were unable to find any possible leads to where Sapphira had gone. So he spent years researching chronicles obtained from every corner of the galaxy he and his team had visited to that point. “And I suddenly had a lead. Follow me.”

Grand Ruler, led them all to the royal library, and opened a magical safe whereas a single tome lay on a cushion on a stone pillar. “What is it?” asked Starla.

“This ancient chronicle…” Grand Ruler said “It has been in my possession since the earliest days of Unicornicopia, and during my many expeditions across our dimensional universe it has been filled with many tales and myths told by other races. One of them depicts of another whole universe that exists outside of our own.”

The ponies and Krysta gazed in shock, but not deeply as it was often alleged that their universe did exist outside that of another, and there was a possibility that others existed as well. Just nobody had ever seen them before as no one had ever been able to venture beyond any such boundaries.

“That must be where Sapphira and the Rainbow Rod are now.” said Lightning.

“Yes, Lightning…” agreed his master “And obviously it is where Sapphira has been hiding all these decades, for the chronicles also say that only two known possible gateways to that alternate universe exist.” he held up Sapphira’s pendant “This jewel is obviously one of the two sources. I don’t know what the other gate is or even where it is, but one thing is certain; it proves that the stories of the other universe are not myths.”

Silence followed as everyone felt their minds going crazy with astonishment, and then Lightning stepped forward. “Master, I must go there.”

“WHAT?!” all his friends exclaimed.

“I have to!” snapped Lightning. “I’ve got to get the Rainbow Rod back. Even if Sapphira doesn’t have it, she’s bound to go looking for it, and even still you saw what she did with it. The command-seal has been broken. That means anyone could hold that rod and there’s no telling what might happen. Master, you’ve got to let me do this.”

Grand Ruler nodded “Yes, yes Lightning, you are right, but just I hope you realize what you are getting into.”

“We'll go with you, Lightning.” Buddy Rose said.

“Sure.” added Artie “Sounds like a really cool place.”

“There will be much to see and explore.
Who knows what could be in store?” said Rhymey.

The twins nodded in excitement, but Grand Ruler said “No! The rest of you shall stay here.”

Lightning’s friends were shocked, “But, sire, why?” asked Starla.

“No one knows exactly who or what Lightning will encounter in the new world. Sending him there is already risky enough. There is no sense in sending you all and risking your lives as well.”

Lightning gazed at his friends and said “It’ll be alright. I’ve been going on dangerous adventures long before I met any of you. I know how to survive.”

“But Lightning, what if you’re wrong?” asked Dyno. “Si, what if you run into some sort of danger you can’t handle yourself?” added Myte.

Lightning’s mind was already made up. The Rainbow Rod was entrusted to him; it was his responsibility to take care of it. “I have to do this, and there’s no time to argue.” He then turned to his master “How do I get to this universe?”

This was something even Grand Ruler didn’t know. “The chronicles do not say how this magic is used. Send for Professor Brain and Abra Kadabra, they should be able to help.”



Before long, Professor Brain and Abra were at the palace and studying and examining the jewel. Brain, being a scientist, and Abra being a magician and an expert on magic, managed to figure out how to summon the portal to the other world. “Satisfactory! Most Satisfactory.” said Brain. “I must say, this is astonishing.” added Abra “I’ve studied all sorts of magic and never come across anything such as this.”

“Well, if our calculations are correct, we should be able to produce a portal suitable enough.” said Brain.

While they completed their setups, Lightning was preparing for immediate departure. “Are you okay, Lightning…?” asked Starla.

“Oh, sure, considering I’ve never been so nervous and excited in my life.”

The others still didn’t feel it was fair that he had to go alone, especially Krysta, who seemed more nervous than the rest of them.

Grand Ruler had something to give to Lightning. “I want you take this with you…” he said as he fit a special pendant around Lightning’s neck on a long string. “It is my hope you will not need to use this, but when the times comes you will know what it does and what it is for.”

Trusting in his master’s words, just like every other time, Lightning tucked the pendant under his clothes. “I wonder what it’ll be like there?” he wondered aloud. He knew his initial mission was to find the Rainbow Rod, and if need be, defeat Sapphira, but this was, however, a great expedition he was leading. “What will I find? What will it be like?”

His master patted his shoulder “You are a strong, and courageous pony. I have faith in you, and so does everyone. Whatever comes your way, I know you'll be fine."

Lightning felt flattered.

One-by-one, Lightning’s friends bid him a farewell and good luck, especially Starla who gave him a long peck on the cheek for good luck. Lightning’s face turned red “Thanks Starla.”

“It is time to go.” Grand Ruler said. “Is everything ready, Professor?”

“Yes, your majesty.” said Brain, and he gave Lightning the jewel pendant. He was to keep on him at all times. All he had to do to activate it was hold it gently in his fingers and rub it either in the sunlight, or the light of the moon in either universe, it would take him to the other universe, and back from the point where he first left.

“I understand.” Lightning said.

“Good.” said Brain “However, there is one vital part of information I must warn you of.” He was referring to how the jewel was badly cracked and faded. “It’s losing power?” Lightning asked.

“Slowly but surely.” replied Brain “If my calculations are accurate, in exactly… um… I make it, 720 hours from now, the space-warp gateways will be closed, and you will not be able to reopen them.”

“What he means is…” Abra cut in “If you don’t come back within thirty days, you may never return at all.”

Everyone felt shivers run up their spines “…Galloping galaxies!” Lightning cried. Now he felt more nervous than before, but he still intended to go. He stood in the middle of the great hall where the sun shined brightly through the windows and rubbed the jewel as he was told. Everyone could feel the winds picking up, inside, and the vortex appeared. Everyone gazed at it in awe at its swirling and glowing.

Lightning turned to gaze at his friends one last time and saluted to them all. They all saluted back at him and he started to dash straight for the vortex. “Good luck my brave pony.” Grand Ruler muttered, but poor little Krysta was shaking so nervously and zipped after him. “Wait for me!”

“KRYSTA!!” the others shouted, but she had already followed Lightning inside and the vortex had sealed.



Lightning and Krysta felt themselves swirling and tumbling through a tunnel of wacky swirling colors and lights, and suddenly… everything went dark!