• Published 11th Feb 2017
  • 817 Views, 16 Comments

North Wind: Earning your Cutie Mark - BlackBonitaCherry



Just because she was a pegasus didn't mean she wanted to be like all the others of her tribe especially when it came to earning her cutie mark. But just because you want a cutie mark in a certain field didn't mean you get the cutie mark you wanted.

  • ...
2
 16
 817

Chapter 6- Pegasus in the Hospital

Author’s Note: I do not own MLP, just my character, and please ignore lack of accent on Granny Smith’s part, not very good with writing them and can’t find any articles or books on the subject.

Lyra didn’t know what to think when a robin landed on her table, a letter tied to its foot. She knew with North Wind’s numerous ‘quirks’ and desire to remain discreet that she could’ve developed new ways for secret communication. She once stated that she was trying to find a spell for linked journals where what’s written ends up in the other journal and vice versa. Lyra knew that such a thing did exist from stumbling upon Sunset using the journal (she immediately wiped that thought from her mind, no matter how much of a brat the former personal student of Celestia was, her disappearance was still a blow and it was agreed upon not to say anything about her in Twilight Sparkle’s presence.)

Wait, that wasn’t her writing at all.

“Is this for me?” she questioned the bird, feeling a bit stupid since it did have her name, but it merely chirped and held out the letter again. She opened it and read the first sentence, her horn flared and the robin flew off in panic as the instrument in front of Lyra let out a sound not unlike a guitar which shouldn’t happen since it was a violin.

“Miss Heartstrings!” the camping instructor was heading her way and Lyra decided it was in her best interest, to leave.

“Sorry got to go, thanks for the wonderful time!” she ignored the stallion’s sputters, grabbing her bag and everything else and heading for the train station that was only a few miles away.

Unfortunately, her instructor was a unicorn and Lyra found herself lifted up into the air and brought back before an unamused stallion.

“Why are you in a rush?” he demanded, Lyra swallowed.

“I just received a letter saying my friend’s in the hospital,” the aura around her flickered and she almost fell if he hadn’t rushed to grab her again.

“I see,” he was silent for a moment, “How about this, you can leave at the end of the week despite there being two weeks left. I shall get your mother’s permission and we can even refund the bits for the rest of your stay. But I cannot let a filly such as yourself go around unsupervised, so I shall accompany you,” she bit her tongue to prevent the sentence that wanted to come out. Both her and North Wind had been on their own plenty of times and done well, then again North was better at planning than she was and always made sure they had the necessary supplies before going somewhere. Wait, did Lyra even know how to get to Ponyville from here?

“Alright, but is there a way I can send a letter really quickly?” her eyes were wide in a plea and the stallion sighed.

“Very well, to whom am I addressing?” she looked down at the letter once more,

“Uh, Fluttershy? She’s in Ponyville,” her instructor blinked, a confused expression on his face before he cleared it.

“What a coincidence, I plan on moving there within the next few years, now, let us return to our flute lessons,” he adjusted the bow around his neck, “And maybe we’ll add some dancing ones?” her ears flicked up as she hid her smile, this stallion really liked dancing for some reason.

“Yes sir, Sonic Recorder sir,” he turned to trot away and she hummed to herself as she followed him, maybe someday she could convince him to teach her some of his magical spells that revolved around sonic sound of all things.

Though right now he was being very stingy about it.

Fluttershy got out of bed, quietly exiting the room that they were letting her stay in, and made her way out the door to finish up whatever chores needed of her.

The Apple family had been gracious enough to let her stay with them till her parents came to pick her up, and despite their protests she insisted on helping around the farm. Granny Smith, who apparently knew North Wind, agreed and had her use her special talent to take care of any critters that were in hiding or terrorizing the farm. Bright Mac and Buttercup were taking turns between doing chores on the farm and taking Buttercup to the hospital for a check-up. They were trying for a third foal and the Earth mare was excited for a new treatment coming in. Their oldest son Big Mac scared her a bit with his talkative nature, so she did her best to sneak out to the hospital before he tried to catch up to her to talk about the calculations of the labor she’d been saving them. They had a daughter as well but from what she heard Applejack was still in Manehattan trying to find herself.

By the time the sun was peaking over the hills she was out the gate and down the road towards Ponyville hospital, almost bumping into the local mailmare if they hadn’t seen her first.

“S-sorry,” she whispered, hiding behind her mane, the older mare laughed.

“No biggie filly, hm, your Fluttershy right? Got a letter for ya,” eyes widening, Fluttershy accepted the envelope with a quiet thanks and tucked it in the saddlebag on her back which also contained a packed lunch from Granny Smith.

Did her parents already get the letter about her being in Ponyville? Or did Lyra already reply even though should’ve received the letter just yesterday?

Fluttershy didn’t open the letter till she got to North’s room, the younger filly still unconscious with her wing and leg bandaged (something about her wings angered the doctors and it was only upon Granny Smith’s stern reprimand that they didn’t interrogate Fluttershy.) Curling up on the window seat, Fluttershy opened the letter, blinking at the unfamiliar hoof writing, or is it horn writing in this case? Why was it written on music paper?

“Dear Fluttershy,

Is North okay? Is she awake yet? You didn’t send a message to her parents right? Because in case you didn’t, do not, and I repeat, do not tell them anything, do not even tell Rainbow Dash what happened okay? As far as her parents are concerned she’s off with whatever her Uncle is forcing her to do, and if they find out that she managed to go somewhere else for the whole summer they will flip. Or tell her Uncle, which is a really, really, really, bad idea. Sorry, did not mean to frighten you, I am grateful for everything that you did for North Wind, she’s my best friend and the only one who believes in me in Canterlot, which is kind of sad when she isn’t from Canterlot. Since you’re in Ponyville, and Granny Smith knows that North is here, just tell her it was an incident from one of North’s ventures and she’ll understand. I am going to try to get there as fast as possible without getting in trouble with my camp who will no doubt report to my mom who might make a fuss if she finds out the reason why.

She does not like North Wind, which is one reason that filly rocks.

I should be arriving in Ponyville sometime this weekend so don’t worry.

Do not message her parents, her uncle Wind Scar, or even Rainbow Dash, okay?

Love, Lyra

Fluttershy gulped, glad that she hadn’t thought to message Rainbow Dash, what would have happened if she did and it was too late?

Trembling, she tried to calm her nerves by reading one of the animal books that she checked out of the library but found it difficult to focus. She was in Ponyville, a town that she had never been to before, where she knew no one but the unconscious filly on the bed (even then it was barely.) But for some reason, the panic was kept at bay, it felt more peaceful here than it did in Cloudsdale. These ponies didn’t care about whether she could fly or not, and for the most part they were a friendly bunch.

Taking out a new piece of paper from the side table, she wrote a reply to Lyra, finding that the words come easy when it’s not talking to somepony face-to-face.

“Figured you’d be in here,” she eeped, jumping up as Granny Smith entered the room, “Missed mah grandfilly’s return which might be for the best while Big Mac fills her in,” Fluttershy retreated behind her mane a bit as the elderly Apple matriarch took a seat next to North’s bed, eyes not on her but the blue filly whose barrel was barely moving, “Must’ve been pretty scary yesterday, those nurses shouldn’t have panicked you like that,” Fluttershy winced, recalling how on the previous day North ended up flatlining several times despite only her wings and back leg being injured.

Then there was the side-effect of her fall into the strange water; the doctor almost called for emergency quarantine if Nurse Redheart hadn’t been there to reign him in.

After some thought and Fluttershy getting an examination of her own, they decided that the effects were not contagious and just an unfortunate new addition to the strange filly. Attempts to track down her parents were stopped by Granny who in no uncertain terms told them that North’s parents were not to be informed.

After reading Lyra’s letter Fluttershy realized the mare was right, which worried her all the more. What was going on in Rainbow Dash’s family?

“So did that unicorn filly reply yet?” the question broke her from her thoughts and she blushed.

“Um, yes,” she showed the letter, wincing at Granny Smith’s scoff once the other mare had finished it.

“So ‘at’s what these two ‘ounguns were worried about, if that stallion is involved,” her ears twitched.

“Y-you know who Wind Scar is?” Granny shushed her, staring at the door with a furtive look.

“Never know whose listening, but yes, that stallion is just a part of the darkness in Equestria, one that the Princess herself is unaware of because of bureaucracy,” the sneer made her shiver, something the Apple matriarch noticed, “Don’t be scared now, both North Wind and Lyra ‘ave their own way of dealing with him, and he ‘ant avoid the law forever,” with that promising statement, she went to the corner and started knitting, Fluttershy returned to her reply, occasionally glancing at the unconscious filly, trying to see if those eyes were opening or if her breathing stabilized enough to take the oxygen mask off her muzzle.

If nothing else, staying in this town was better than going back to flight camp, something she felt guilty about but put it in the back of her mind.

Several Days Later

With a pounding headache, North found herself unwilling to open her eyes to make the pain worse, but the whispers were increasing and she couldn’t help the groan from escaping.

The whispering ceased and suddenly there was a flash of light that made her flinch,

“She’s awake! Get the Doctor,” the unfamiliar voice faded away as other sounds came to her ears. Something was taken off her mouth and she breathed in the smell of linen and medicine.

Hospital then?

“North?” and there was Lyra, hovering way too close to her face and tears in her eyes.

“L-“ she tried to say and swallowed, grimacing at the dry mouth, immediately a cup of water was floating in front of her and she opened her mouth enough for some to pour in. Looking for the caster she saw the unicorn in the corner, a recorder peeking out of his saddlebags and dark curly hair on his head.

For some reason he looked familiar but North found it difficult to place so she sat up and looked at Lyra.

“How long?” her friend huffed.

“How long?! You’ve been unconscious for four days! Poor Fluttershy has been going out of her mind with worry, not to mention how I hurried here after finding out your solo trip ended up going wrong!” uh-oh, Lyra was mad.

“Yeah, I didn’t expect that rockfall to happen,” she cast a glance around the room, “Who else knows I’m here?” Lyra rolled her eyes.

“Just Fluttershy, Granny Smith (your in Ponyville by the way), some of the Apple Family, me, Sonic Recorder over there who is my camp counselor, and Nurse Redheart. The doctors know not to try and contact anyone despite some close calls and your family is still unaware,” then the door opened as two pegasus ponies and a colt appeared, “But I may have forgotten to tell Fluttershy not to tell her own family,” the filly lowered her voice a bit, “Hey Mr. and Mrs. Shy, how was the tour,” she leaned towards North, “They arrived last night.” But it wasn’t adults who answered but the colt that North recognized from Rainbow’s class. His green coat and pale yellow mane were the only things he had in common with his family, the smug smirk on his face however was not. Zephyr Breeze, the bane of her sister’s life who refuses to see that his crush is one-sided.

Of course when he isn’t bothering Rainbow he’s trying to get to her through North who he sees as an easy target.

“Hey there Rainbow Dash’s sister, does she know you’re here?” North’s eyes narrowed at his smug look.

“Does Rainbow Dash know you’re the one that cut her hair and are keeping it in a small bag underneath your pillow?” he blanched, glancing at his parents and Fluttershy who was now glaring at him (wow she didn’t expect that. Seems there were some Fluttershy did not get shy with.)

“Um, I have no idea what your talking about,” North scoffed, taking another sip of her water.

“You also cut the hairs off of Lightning Dust, Ditzy Do, and other fillies in your class and the one above you,” he was stammering, trying to defend himself as his sister came towards him with murder in her eyes.

“Excuse us for a moment,” the two disappeared, leaving their parents standing awkwardly and Granny Smith giving them a look, no doubt that it was Fluttershy who deigned to get mad at him while they had the confused look of parents wondering what was wrong. North knew compared to her own parents they weren’t bad ones, their shy demeanor explained why Fluttershy was shy; but they needed to learn how to deal with their son’s atrocious behavior and at least help Fluttershy with her own confidence issues.

“So, your Fluttershy’s parents huh? Why don’t we leave the two young’uns here to catch up while I talk to you about both of your children,” the two swallowed and followed behind her. Lyra sighed in relief the moment the door closed,

“Good, I was hoping to talk to yo-“ she saw Sonic Recorder was still there, but he merely took out his recorder and started playing it, “Okay,” she climbed on top of the cot, giving a weary glance to Nurse Redheart who was checking the medical equipment and not even looking at them, “Did you find anything?” North took another sip of water as she thought about it.

“Apart from what a Rock Farm contributes to Equestria, not much, they did have some information on some of the other tribes that they’ve been dealing with but that’s it. Although, did you know that there’s a fourth Pony tribe?” the music cut out for a second and Nurse Redheart nearly yanked the tubes out of the IV drip, Lyra just stared at her.

“What?” the unicorn asked, a bit shocked, North smiled.

“Yeah, and let’s just say they have a different sleep cycle and a different set of wings,” she pointed at her own wings for emphasis, her friend’s eyes grew wide.

The subject changed to what Lyra had been doing for the summer, the filly talking excitedly about the different instruments that she got to try and gesturing to her chaperone from time to time.

“He uses music to do different things, but he refuses to teach me,” she pouted at him, he pretended not to see it.

North tilted her head at him, realizing she hadn’t heard him talk at all throughout the time she’s been awake.

“Have I seen you somewhere before?” her question threw him off and he finally spoke,

“Ah no I do not believe so,” his British accent took her aback and while she knew that the accent itself was common in certain parts of Equestria, it just added another piece to the puzzle of this strange stallion.

“Hm,” she continued staring at him, brow furrowed while he avoided her gaze, sweat dripping down his head. Lyra looked between them, a bit put out that she was missing something.

“Well,” Nurse Redheart’s voice took North’s attention, to the relief of the unicorn, the Earth Pony writing something on her clipboard, “You seem to be recovering well, but I must ask that you take care not to do anything with your wing and hoof, they’re still in cast and I do not want anything to happen to make them worse. You will be here for another few days and afterward we will release you into your guardian’s care,” that said she left, Sonic Recorder giving one more nod to Lyra before making his own escape, leaving North huffing when she realized it.

“I don’t think he’s coming back,” Lyra deadpanned, giving her an unamused expression, North coughed.

“Water,” the change in subject did nothing to change the unimpressed look and she tried not to pout at the fact she wouldn’t be able to figure out why the stallion was so familiar.

Had she seen him in her past life, maybe? Nah, that would be ridiculous, wouldn’t it?

Fluttershy returned with a sullen Zephyr, the colt giving her a disgruntled pout that she felt no guilt for, while his sister went up to her bed.

“Are you feeling any better?” those big blue eyes were staring up at her in worry and North felt herself twitch, nudging a coughing Lyra who was trying to hide her own laughter.

“Yeah, thanks, for getting me out of the cave and taking me to the hospital,” cheeks turning pink, Fluttershy stared at the floor, kicking her left front hoof as she mumbled ‘You’re welcome’. North rubbed the back of her head, not sure how to converse with the filly while Lyra was content to talk about what the two talked about in their letters.

“Having different animals deliver the notes was a new experience, and this filly here has the neatest writing I’d ever seen!” the poor pegasus was turning red from Lyra’s compliments and North, after looking at Lyra, realized she was doing it on purpose.

“Maybe she could give you some tips,” Lyra gaped at her.

“What’s wrong with my writing?” she demanded, “I get top grades in it,” she huffed, North raised an eyebrow.

“You also tend to write your notes on your music paper and also tend to be really informal in the writing, like writing Love at the end to someone you don’t know,” Lyra raised a hoof before turning to Fluttershy who was peeking at them through her bangs.

“Uh, did I do that?” the pegasus filly nodded and Lyra’s face turned pink, “Oh, sorry if it embarrassed you, I don’t know how else to end it,” Fluttershy shook her head.

“It’s fine, i-it d-did not embarrass m-me at all,” North was going to say something when she saw Zephyr staring at the clipboard Nurse Redheart had been writing on, the mare herself was changing out the IV drip and paying no attention to them.

“Hey what does this note mean?” Fluttershy’s shyness disappeared once again once she caught sight of him at the end of North’s bed, “Lights off?” her eyes widened, and Lyra stiffened right next to her as Zephyr went to the light switch. Nurse Redheart turned to see what was going on and joined in their alarm, to North’s confusion.

“Zephyr stop!” but the colt ignored his sister, flicking off the switch and turning the room dark.

Which did not last long.

Eyes twitching, North stared at the glow coming off of her in different shades of blue, raising one hoof to get a closer look.

“Lyra,” her quiet tone caused Lyra to flinch, the filly avoiding her gaze, “Why am I glowing?” Zephyr burst out laughing which soon turned to pleading when he saw his sister approaching with a dark expression and death in her eyes.

“Um, from what the doctors and Fluttershy told me, you fell into some magic water that had a bioluminescent effect? That- well won’t be going away anytime soon. Good news is it isn’t contagious or dangerous or anything!” that did not reassure North at all.

How was she going to hide this from her family let alone Wind Scar?!

Over the next few days she tried to put together a story that would not reveal her actions to Wind Scar, considering she could not even go back to the mines at this point. Fluttershy’s parents took her and Zephyr Breeze back to Cloudsdale, not at all happy that they had not been contacted by flight camp about Fluttershy’s disappearance. Sonic Recorder had already gone back to the camp, and Lyra camped out in North’s room despite protests, having arranged for her uncle to pick her up with a cover story for her mom to prevent suspicion.

On the second to last day she received a package with fish in it (Nurse Redheart confiscated it the moment she opened it, only to return with them cooked and already picked from the bone, a stern warning to eat them carefully) and a note that informed her of Ruffalo’s knowledge on what happened and that they told Wind Scar she’d been in a mine collapse and sent to the nearest private clinic to be treated. The fact the canine also knew of her new ‘ability’ was somewhat surprising, as Lyra herself denied sending him a letter on the account she didn’t know where he was.

The last day her and Lyra ended up in a loud argument that ended in the older filly marching off in a huff and North pulling the covers over her head. Lyra thought Fluttershy should join them in their adventures while North was all for keeping the filly at a distance. She even tried throwing away a letter Fluttershy sent her, but Lyra stopped her.

She tried telling Lyra that Rainbow Dash being Fluttershy’s friend would wind up with her being torn between the two and that it was more important for those two to be friends.

Lyra thought that was stupid and if Rainbow Dash was Fluttershy’s friend, why didn’t she check up on her after it became obvious, she wasn’t at camp anymore? Or how at flight camp she stepped in to stop the bullies when at the school Fluttershy still was getting bullied, but the filly never did anything.

North couldn’t argue with that, but she still knew that it was important for the two to be friends in the future as fellow Element Bearers, something that Lyra might not believe her about. Or if she did the filly would insist on taking it to Princess Celestia and North did not want the alicorn to know of her existence.

“Well this here is a strange sight,” the voice had her sitting up and staring at Gaius, the griffin walking further into the room and taking a spot next to her, “You moping is not good,” with the IV no longer in her she was able to get out of bed and hug the griffin, a bit awkwardly though thanks to the cast.

“You’re here!” Gaius ruffled her mane,

“Course, can’t very well take you up to Cloudsdale by yerself,, now I signed the paperwork and everything, but it’ll take awhile before they are ready to release you. So why don’t you tell Gaius why you were covering your head and your musical friend looked like she was going to cry?” North bit her lip, wincing, she hadn’t meant to make Lyra cry,

Again.

“We just had a disagreement about something is all,” she tried putting it off, but he merely raised an eyebrow and she slumped, “The filly who rescued me from the cave is supposed to be friends with my sister and I can’t explain why, but its important that they stay friends. Something that can’t happen if Fluttershy is also friends with me, and Lyra is mad that I want to keep Fluttershy at a distance,” Lyra somehow bonded with Fluttershy in their letter exchange, and was fascinated by her talent with animals and the way she can be shy and still get angry at her brother at the same time.

“I see, and there is no way for her to be friends with both you and your sister,” her ears flattened.

“No, because sooner or later she would be forced to choose, and I don’t want her to be hurt because of it. Above all else her and Rainbow Dash being friends is much more important, and I’m not going to get in the way of that,” instead of him answering, the door burst open and there was Lyra and Fluttershy?!

Both were crying, North straightened, giving the griffin an alarmed look that he ignored in favor of stepping aside for both fillies to glomp her to the ground.

“You idiot!” Lyra was squeezing her neck, “No matter how you think it’s important, it shouldn’t stop you from becoming friends with someone just because of Rainbow Dash,” Fluttershy’s head was buried in her barrel, her pink hair tied back in two ponytails,

“I-i can be friends with both of you! I promise not to be a b-bad friend,” North was flailing, trying to get up, but it was kind of difficult.

“Fluttershy, it’s dangerous to be my friend, if my uncl-“ the filly tightened her squeeze and North let out a wheeze, sending a pleading look at Gaius who wasn’t staring at them anymore but at the elderly mare in the doorway.

“Peaches?” his whisper caught the other fillies’ attention as Granny huffed.

“Don’t use that name no more, and Ah’d appreciate it if you not call me again, at least not in front of my family,” she had a strange expression on her face, “What happened to never approaching this pony-infested town again?” Gaius actually looked stricken and the fillies didn’t need to be told to leave the room, North being helped by the other two to be led out. Under the watchful eye of Nurse Redheart they ended up in the cafeteria, North eating some of the leftover fish while trying to ignore the other two’s stares.

“Why is it important for Rainbow Dash and I to be friends?” Fluttershy’s question almost made her choke and she quickly drank some water to wash it down.

“Well, uh, so, um, why are you back in Ponyville?” Lyra glared at her, eyes red and puffy.

“To invite you, well us, to her cutiecencera,” Fluttershy hid behind her hair a bit a she took out an invitation with her Cutie Mark on it to North.

“It’s tomorrow,” she whispered, North staring at the invitation, quickly adding, “My parents are going to throw it here in Ponyville as thanks for taking me in after my fall, they don’t want to do it in Cloudsdale. They’re going to throw the party at Sweet Apple Acres, Granny Smith was the one who suggested it, since they already celebrated the cutieceneara of her granddaughter Applejack, and a filly named Rarity is having hers at one of the fancy restaurants in town, at least, that’s what I heard,” Lyra blinked.

“Huh, you know I got an invitation to Twilight Sparkle’s cutiecenera, apparently hers appeared while she was taking the entrance test to Celestia’s school which was,” her eyes widened, “The same day you had the accident,” North swallowed as Fluttershy’s eyes widened as well, before an uncomfortable look appeared on her face.

“Rainbow Dash got her Cutie Mark as well, she, well she had her Cutiecenera yesterday,” it took a moment for that sentence to sink in, Lyra scowled while North shrugged.

“Oh, well at least I don’t have to worry about a party then,” her voice shook a bit and she inwardly cursed, why was she bothered about Rainbow having her Cutiecenera without her? It has been made very clear to her that she wasn’t a real part of the family.

So why did her chest hurt?

“Oh, that’s a bummer,” the new voice had all of them jumping, “Here I was planning to invite you to my Cutiecenera but instead I should be throwing a cheer you up party!” Pinkie Pie threw her hooves into the air, confetti sprinkling down around her.

“Pinkie-“ she spotted the rest of the Pie family, “All of you? How’d you,” then she couldn’t breathe under the tight grip of the Earth filly, who for some reason smelled like a mix between bubblegum and cotton candy when just a few weeks ago she didn’t.

“Wwwweellll, I had the sense that you got hurt and would need cheering up, and Maud found the cave you went to, and when we saw the cave-in and blood on the floor we thought the worse! Then Maud saw a trail and realized somepony must’ve rescued you. Soooooo! We decided to find the nearest village, and wow it took a bit because for some reason no one wanted to tell us if you were here or not! But then we got a letter from a Granny Smith apologizing about the mix-up and that it was alright for us to know where you were, hello I’m Pinkie Pie!” she directed this to Lyra and Fluttershy who was looking at a paling North in concern.

“Pinkamena Diane Pie, stop choking North Wind this instant,” Pinkie let go and North let in a large gulp of air, rubbing the back of her head.

“Oopsie, forgot my own strength for a moment,” she was still beaming though, and it took North a couple moments to get herself together.

“It’s good to see you too Pinkie Pie, but what about your rock farm?” Limestone scoffed.

“That’s what I said,” Cloudy Quartz shushed her, approaching North and giving her a once-over,

“I see thou are alright, we apologize for arriving so late, and for our daughter’s suadden excitement, do you know where Granny Smith is? We would like to greet her and express our gratitude,” North told them the room number and their other daughters went with them, leaving Pinkie who went back to hugging North Wind.

“So, Pinkie Pie right? Are you saying you got your Cutie Mark as well?” the filly grinned

“Yep! There was a big boom and a rainbow that made me smile and want to make others smile! I threw a party and got my family to smile, then this appeared!” she pointed at the balloons on her flank, Fluttershy’s eyes widening.

“Wait, there was a boom and a rainbow that scared the animals and caused me to discover my talent in talking with them, before I heard North’s cries for help and rescued her,” Lyra stared at North who gulped, avoiding her gaze.

“You know, I heard Applejack saying something about a rainbow pointing her home, and I’m sure if I ask this Rarity and Twilight, they might say something similar. And Rainbow Dash has something to do with this, right? Fluttershy I don’t suppose you can tell us how she got her Cutie Mark?” Fluttershy tapped her hooves together, brow furrowed.

“S-she performed a Sonic Ra-“ her eyes widened, “inboom,” she trailed off, realization dawning.

“Hey, looks like they’re changing to lunch and putting out the cookies,” North tried to escape but Lyra’s magic held her in place.

“North GlowWorm Wind,” North gave her a deadpan look.

“Really?” but Lyra was still staring at her, Pinkie and Fluttershy doing the same, though the latter at least had the sense of looking apologetic about it.

They should’ve just stayed in the room and endured whatever the awkward thing was between Gaius and Granny Smith.

How was she going to get out of this?!