• Published 14th Dec 2016
  • 1,617 Views, 39 Comments

Resetting Her Destiny - StormLuna



Starlight did it, she prevented Twilight from hatching Spike and now, as a filly, plans on setting a new destiny for herself.

  • ...
11
 39
 1,617

Celestia's Responses

Several days later in Canterlot, Princess Celestia is sitting on her throne as the mail arrives. When she saw a guard bring in a whole stack of letters, she was a bit frustrated. She had been hoping to spend most of the day relaxing but realized that her royal duties must come first. She sighed, "Guard, how many letters are in that stack?"

The guard replied, "Well over twenty, well twenty-six to be exact and it looks like all of them are from private citizens."

Celestia sighed, "Well it is that time of month when many parents contact me to see if their fillies or colts could apply for my school."

She took the letters and began to read through them. At first they were simply parents telling her about their filly's or colt's hunger for knowledge and all she could do as she went through them was shake her head, until she got to the last two in the stack. As she read through the second to last one she got a smile on her face and said, "Get this, this family is claiming that their daughter can make fireworks appear out of nowhere and can manipulate objects."

The guard replied, "Wow, that sounds really impressive."

At that moment Celestia realized that the pony mentioned in that letter was something special. While she had been placing most of the letters on the left side of her throne, she placed this one to her right. She then picked up the last letter and began to read it and would be equally as surprised. She gasped, "Wow and get this, this pony is saying that her daughter can fly with just her magic and even better, that she has an insatiable hunger for knowledge."

The guard replied, "I take it you know which ones you plan on letting apply?"

Celestia levitated the large stack to the guard and asked, "Guard, could you take this to my secretary so she can send out letters letting them know the bad news?"

The guard replied, "Yes your Majesty." He then looked at the two letters she had placed to her right and continued, "I take it you will be writing responses to those two yourself?"

Celestia replied, "Yes, now please take those others to my secretary."

The guard nodded while Celestia began to write the responses to those who she decided she would let apply. The first read,

"Dear Moonrise Lulamoon,

I have read your letter and given what you have told me about your daughter, I must say I am impressed. It is not everyday that I hear about a filly who can do what she can do. Because of this, I would like to meet Trixie and see her do what you have said she can do. Please bring her here on the first day of next month for an entrance exam.

Sincerely,

Princess Celestia"

Celestia placed the letter in an envelope and addressed it. She then began her response to the other letter,

"Dear Primrose Glimmer,

I have read your letter and I must say that I am amazed that you daughter can fly with just her magic. I have known many, many powerful unicorns, some of which have been my proteges, but this is the first time I have ever heard of a pony flying with just magic. I am also thrilled to read that she has such a desire to increase her knowledge. Because of this, I would like to meet Starlight and see her do what you have said she can do. Please bring her here on the first day of next month for her entrance exam.

Sincerely,

Princess Celestia"

Celestia decided that with the fillies that were mentioned in these letters, that rather than having a guard take them to the secretary to be mailed out, she would take them to the post office herself. As she headed out to mail them, she couldn't help but have a huge smile on her face. While she had had many applicants come in and barely get in and fail the exam entirely, she had a good feeling about these two, a feeling that one of them could be destined for greatness.